Glasto

What an amazing week again at Glastonbury! Apologies for the long post...

Absolutely packed full of people having fun to every genre of music, in the sun hallelujah, the value for money is brilliant.

Not massively into bands but saw loads of great sets; Foals, IDLES, Blossoms, Noel, Sam Fender, Jack White, Jarvis, seeing a real life Beatle at 80 still smashing a long set of belters and more that escape me!

The only bum note was Diana Ross, which I was looking forward to, she was truely terrible. It was bad karaoke, because her mic was so low to cover her singing there was no crowd interaction because you couldn't hear her speaking - had to walk off. Which was fine because we caught Fountaines DC on the other stage.

Then the bits you don't see too much in TV; the circus and theatre field, the markets (food, drink, tat and music from everywhere), the Park, the political stuff, the green fields.

As a dance music fan the place is unreal, from Wednesday to Monday the place throngs with beats and production out of the world. Some of what we caught;

Carl Cox & Eric Poweel mobile disco was great fun, house with a kick in the sun. Got a good spot just inside the canapoy so the sound and crowd were great 🙌

Camelphat in the Glade was OK, Mrs' choice, probably only enjoyed 3 tunes. Left to listen to a banging Danny Howard in the bass Glade Dome.

Really enjoyed East everything B2B HAAI in the Stone Bridge for the Rave celebration. Rammed outside with 100's and 100's trying to get in, had to stop the music for safety shouts a few times!

Friday evening watched 40mins of Overmono. Nice to see ICCON full but not enough bang for me, so left for FOUR hours of techno in the Temple... amazing. Natsia B2B VTSE, FJAAK (wanted to see them in Manchester for a while) My Nu Leng B2B Wonky who had some vocals. Little rain at the end which produced a rainbow over the naughty corner 😎 Then sat in the booths at the Green peace tree spangled for a while enjoying Glastonbury life 😁

Four Tet on Arcadia was good, also meant we got in for another of the Mrs' choice Calvin Harris. Personally thought it was like someone playing a CD of his hits, banging beats... break down...vocal track...beats... people seemed to enjoy it, the crush after not so! Headed to a packed Shangri La after which as busy as I've seen it. Couldn't get near Jamie Jones or Solomun at 4:30am (didn't show). Ended up watching Tel Aviv's Partok on the bus Genosys and a bit of Pangaea x Pariah on IICON until my wife ran out of juice at 5:30am 😅

Others we enjoyed : Marshall Jefferson (hopefully catch him again in 2 week), Craig Charles funk and soul is great Fri afternoon party starter, Eats everything B2B Patrick Topping*

Highlight of the weekend was bumping into the Notting Hill carnival crew in Block 9, not been to the carnival but that was fun. Real party atmosphere from the selectas/Mc 🕺

BICEP is probably not my style but how I wanted to end the festival listening to dance music on Sunday evening. The visually it was amazing, the crowd were proper going for it and we enjoyed the tunes.

Got to have stamina, staying in the campervan field we cover around 20 miles a day. Starting Wednesday, finishing as the sunrises 9am at stone circle and back at it 11am, 5:30am Fri, 7:30am Saturday morning and relatively early finish midnight on Sunday takes it out of you.... hopefully do it all again next year🤞

IMG-20220626-230405.jpg

IMG-20220625-053456.jpg

IMG-20220626-230405.jpg

*the vibe was amazing all weekend but weirdly walking through WOW to meet friend a girl whacked my wife which was totally out of place for the festival. She didn't let it bother her and got on with it but was a shock
Great review…. can’t blelive I missed you down Ibiza last year and noe glasto! I liked the spider and all that….not as good as 2019, Pangea in my view. But, Paul mkartey w2s suprerb. Dd you go to the Temple? we left 8.43am.. Monday mornin! it was superb. I fronted back to Dxb and was on way to Ibiza an got f***ing covid so Hopefully I’ll font tommorw

Great review…. can’t blelive I missed you down Ibiza last year and noe glasto! I liked the spider and all that….not as good as 2019, Pangea in my view. But, Paul mkartey w2s suprerb. Dd you go to the Temple? we left 8.43am.. Monday mornin! it was superb. I fronted back to Dxb and was on way to Ibiza an got f***ing covid so Hopefully I’ll font tommorw
I take it easy in Sunday because I leave at 7am Monday to avoid the traffic as it is a 7hr drive with the caravan, need to get back for our son and this time we flew out to a Tenerife Tuesday morning 😊 friend who stayed with us in the caravan was out until we set off 😁

Quite a few of our lot got covid too 🙃

Glasto ruined me... Took us 7 hours to get from the campsite on Monday to my parents... 25 miles away. The car park queues were insane. Got the coach there but a friend offered me a lift to the front door... Are the car parks always that mental?

Went with a group of 26. 2 of us caught a virus (not covid) including me, felt pretty ill middle of last week. But 8 of our lot got Covid.

Definitely felt a lot busier this year, felt a bit relentless for the crowds, but was a great year! Can't wait for 2023

Glasto ruined me... Took us 7 hours to get from the campsite on Monday to my parents... 25 miles away. The car park queues were insane. Got the coach there but a friend offered me a lift to the front door... Are the car parks always that mental?
Hope you're feeling back to normal 😊

This is exact reason I leave at 7am, no chance I'm risking a long wait and then a long drive. I usually have a nap in the caravan halfway home too 👀

Reading the forums I think it depends which carpark you were in, whether you had a very long wait or not ☹️

We were in Worthy View and the carpark being so close to the tent was almost worth the entrance fee alone. We had alarm set for 5am Monday as I had to work in the afternoon. Thankfully I wasn't driving!

Hope you're feeling back to normal 😊

This is exact reason I leave at 7am, no chance I'm risking a long wait and then a long drive. I usually have a nap in the caravan halfway home too 👀

Reading the forums I think it depends which carpark you were in, whether you had a very long wait or not ☹️

Yeah, they were quite far over. A group of friends who left an hour after us who camped with us were out in 5 minutes. They were almost back to London by time we got out the car parks

This was 2015 and a younger looking me. Thanks to who I went with we, did get a good camping spot. Do kinda miss the stone circle tho. Good Times

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1657041167830.jpg
    FB_IMG_1657041167830.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 15
  • FB_IMG_1657041204693.jpg
    FB_IMG_1657041204693.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 14
  • FB_IMG_1657041186620.jpg
    FB_IMG_1657041186620.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 12
  • FB_IMG_1657041215268.jpg
    FB_IMG_1657041215268.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 14
Me and my Lass sat and watched quite alot of the sets over the weekend. She didn’t have a clue who Roisin Murphy was but that was by far her fav performance. Says she’s been listening to her all day on Spotify and wants to go see her:lol:

Her tastes getting abit better and about time
She’s even re watching her glasto set as we speak. Think Roisin has herself a new fan girl :lol:

Well…there is all this uproar about the cost of Glasto tickets for next year…in my opinion it’s still great value (circa 400€ for 5 days). Remember, people can take in their own food and drink. Of course the price would go up. It’s still amazing value when you look at what us provided I think

Well…there is all this uproar about the cost of Glasto tickets for next year…in my opinion it’s still great value (circa 400€ for 5 days). Remember, people can take in their own food and drink. Of course the price would go up. It’s still amazing value when you look at what us provided I think
Not that i’ll be going but how much of an increase is it? £340 in total isn’t bad imo

The worlds gone mad atm. I had to get 2 taxis in London the other day a return journey airport/hotel/airport…the hotel wasn’t even 3 mile/5min from the airport and it cost me £30 each way couldn’t f***ing believe it:lol:

I know thats a bit of a strange comparison but surely it was inevitable ticket prices would go up for next year since EVERYTHING else has?

I’m still going to try for a ticket this year. It’s an experience and if you love your music then it’s really not bad value at all. If you go to see a headliner on tour you’re looking at £50 minimum for a ticket, and at Glasto you’re likely to see 6/7 artists a day minimum so it’s still good value.

I can’t imagine how much the running costs are for events like that!

Guess it's easy when you can weather the increase, personally I think it's still more than reasonable when you consider everything you get for 5+ days. With the cost of living increases I'm sure a section of the crowd might struggle with it but they would probably struggle with transport, food/drink and inflation in general. You have a fair amount of time to split the increase between November and June too

I'll will be trying again, the Mrs has said she will not but has been tempted by the Eminem rumour 🙃

Anyone get lucky? Felt like Seetickets had a shit show this year. Nobody in our whole group got in, that has never happened before. Loads of getting to the last bit then crashing etc…

No luck here, got annoyed with the holding page by 9.40 so gave up.

I evidently don’t have the stamina required for this event 😂

Got in bed at 6am. Set my alarm for 08:45

Spent 2 hours tossing and turning. Admitted defeat and turned my alarm off

No luck here. First time I've ever had a booking page, enter registrations, got to next page but it wouldn't go any further. It was around the time see said they were dealing with the issue. Booted me out, maybe they cleared the cookies or something. Got another booking page well past the 'sold out' tweet but couldn't get it across the line.

Know 6 groups who didn't get them. Another friend has 9 groups on their team, only 3 were successful before the last festival they got them all every year.

Think I might have to contact @freakstar 's glamping company

Had to get out to buy a years worth of brownies, cookies and cakes at a local market to ease the pain this aft

Back