Glasto

I worked for a charity organisation called festive lizards. They have a sub-contract with CTM who look after traffic management to provide stewards for the car park and bus station.
Cracking stuff. I made sure to say thanks to everyone on my way out on the motorbike this morning- not a glamorous job, but a super necessary one

It was absolutely incredible! Had such an amazing time! First one since 2015 for me and couldn't believe how much bigger it was! Roisin Murphy was the highlight for me she was just incredible....watching it back now while I attempt to work! Caught her wondering about in the ICON field later in the night and just about managed to jabber out how good I thought she had been....was very sad to be leaving words can't do justice to how good a festival it is.

It was absolutely incredible! Had such an amazing time! First one since 2015 for me and couldn't believe how much bigger it was! Roisin Murphy was the highlight for me she was just incredible....watching it back now while I attempt to work! Caught her wondering about in the ICON field later in the night and just about managed to jabber out how good I thought she had been....was very sad to be leaving words can't do justice to how good a festival it is.
Roisin Murphy show on TV was amazing. It must have been electric there.

Me and my Lass sat and watched quite alot of the sets over the weekend. She didn’t have a clue who Roisin Murphy was but that was by far her fav performance. Says she’s been listening to her all day on Spotify and wants to go see her:lol:

Her tastes getting abit better and about time

Noel G
S Fender
Bonobo
Roisin murphy
St etienne
Primal scream
Foals
Pet Shop Boys

Were my favs of what i saw

Great weekend! In terms of dance music, sets I saw and enjoyed included Steffi, Partok, Moxie/Peach/Shanti Celeste/Saoirse playing B2B and Felix Dickinson. Naturally couldn't catch everything due to inevitable clashes/logistics...

Block 9 slightly scaled down this year - was a shame the impressive Genosys building stage was replaced by a bus (apparently it has got mouldy over the last 3 years and is in need of renovation, but will return next year)

The sound at Arcadia needs sorting out. And the festival did seem overcrowded at times (7k extra tickets sold this year and it showed)

But overall a great time! Pet Shop Boys, and Macca (the latter half of his set) also highlights. Looking forward to catching up on stuff I missed on iPlayer.

Was anyone there for OK WIlliams?...One of the more surreal moments of the festival when out of nowhere she suddenly dropped Whigfield - Saturday Night! Sounds cheesy but it just worked and Saturday had already been a loooong but very enjoyable day so we were all a bit sketchy to say the least but was one of those moments you just never forget!

Should’ve posted this over the weekend. This is a photo of what I stumbled into at my first Glastonbury 1990. I was 17 and lost. Spent the whole night wondering around the site and found this marquee. Looked inside and the place was rocking. So I stayed and was told it was Tonka Sound System. It was mayhem and I think a donkey came in at some point. I was hooked. ( not my photo )
BC890777-634F-4ACC-85C1-379AF07B0A48.jpeg

Amazing pic with so many awesome parts in it!
Starting with the guy hanging on to the tent-pole for dear life, continuing with the younger guy in the white shirt and tiger (?) hat staring into oblivion, probably contemplating the meaning of life and the red-eyed guy on the right who looks like he just realized that taking off his sunglasses was probably a bad idea... 😄

Must have been an amazing time!

Amazing pic with so many awesome parts in it!
Starting with the guy hanging on to the tent-pole for dear life, continuing with the younger guy in the white shirt and tiger (?) hat staring into oblivion, probably contemplating the meaning of life and the red-eyed guy on the right who looks like he just realized that taking off his sunglasses was probably a bad idea... 😄

Must have been an amazing time!
It was. I was very innocent. Stone cold sober but loved the fact everyone was so friendly.

Great weekend! In terms of dance music, sets I saw and enjoyed included Steffi, Partok, Moxie/Peach/Shanti Celeste/Saoirse playing B2B and Felix Dickinson. Naturally couldn't catch everything due to inevitable clashes/logistics...

Block 9 slightly scaled down this year - was a shame the impressive Genosys building stage was replaced by a bus (apparently it has got mouldy over the last 3 years and is in need of renovation, but will return next year)

The sound at Arcadia needs sorting out. And the festival did seem overcrowded at times (7k extra tickets sold this year and it showed)

But overall a great time! Pet Shop Boys, and Macca (the latter half of his set) also highlights. Looking forward to catching up on stuff I missed on iPlayer.

v envious - more or less what I would have done!

Should’ve posted this over the weekend. This is a photo of what I stumbled into at my first Glastonbury 1990. I was 17 and lost. Spent the whole night wondering around the site and found this marquee. Looked inside and the place was rocking. So I stayed and was told it was Tonka Sound System. It was mayhem and I think a donkey came in at some point. I was hooked. ( not my photo )
View attachment 14240

amazing photo. full respect

After this ended up hanging at Choci’s shop in Carnaby Street and going to gigs with him. I thought he was there but he says he wasn’t there. He was in Amsterdam that weekend. But that’s Harvey on the decks and Rev in the tiger hat. And the guy having a moment on the pole is one of the guys who set up Tonka. Can’t remember his name and I should. Robert or Thomas. I went to maybe 5 or 6 of their parties but they were all very memorable and inspirational due to the scope of music played. Everything was put in the pot.

After this ended up hanging at Choci’s shop in Carnaby Street and going to gigs with him. I thought he was there but he says he wasn’t there. He was in Amsterdam that weekend. But that’s Harvey on the decks and Rev in the tiger hat. And the guy having a moment on the pole is one of the guys who set up Tonka. Can’t remember his name and I should. Robert or Thomas. I went to maybe 5 or 6 of their parties but they were all very memorable and inspirational due to the scope of music played. Everything was put in the pot.

Was just a bit too young for the Tonka soundsystem. Gutted, a long distant memory by the time I moved to Sussex. I met most of them years later at different things around London. Felix became a brilliant dj, one of the best at mixing acid and disco, Thomas went off on this wild beardy freakout with Rub N Tug and as for Harvey, we know the rest.. I never met Choci though, I heard he was a part-time football hoolie so I'm guessing various paths diverged thereafter

Was just a bit too young for the Tonka soundsystem. Gutted, a long distant memory by the time I moved to Sussex. I met most of them years later at different things around London. Felix became a brilliant dj, one of the best at mixing acid and disco, Thomas went off on this wild beardy freakout with Rub N Tug and as for Harvey, we know the rest.. I never met Choci though, I heard he was a part-time football hoolie so I'm guessing various paths diverged thereafter
Yeah. Choci was the wild card of the pack. Think Thomas went to San Fransisco and started parties there. Rev went on to do things like model for Calvin Kline. Ended up on billboards in New York. Sadly passed away recently. Far too young.
But a really talented bunch of men and women and very inclusive for a wide eyed teenager as I was.

Was anyone there for OK WIlliams?...One of the more surreal moments of the festival when out of nowhere she suddenly dropped Whigfield - Saturday Night! Sounds cheesy but it just worked and Saturday had already been a loooong but very enjoyable day so we were all a bit sketchy to say the least but was one of those moments you just never forget!
I saw her set - really enjoyed it!

Back