Glasto

Just so sad it's over. Was my first Glasto but I will now HAVE to go every year. We were lucky to get some wristbands for various bars and backstage bits but the best was Maceos. I ended up there every night there and walked past Icon stage on the way to my tent at 7am and marvelled at just how crazy this festival is. All the stages up at Silvery Hayes on the Sunday afternoon were amazing. Really enjoyed Libertiness, Skunk Anasie, Bicep, Four Tet (at Arcadia - sound was really good if you were directly under the spider but bad the further away you were), Floating Points at Icon and just a few other random bits in Shangri-La on the Sunday night. To be honest, I didn't see even half of the DJs I had 'planned' to see but that's the whole fun of a festival this size. Met some absolute characters over the course of the five days. Even the queues at Castle Cary station on Monday couldn't dampen the experience!

It was pretty magical. First time bringing the juniors and it blew their tiny minds. The vibe was fantastic all around the site and everyone seemed so overwhelmed and grateful to be there. Highlights for us included Bonobo, Caribou, Confidence Man, Gabriels, Roisin Murphy, Billie Eilish - kids still reeling from that one, Nightmares on Wax - very short set after some issues at the start but ace all the same, Kae Tempest, Sigrid, Metronomy, Bicep and quite a few others on our travels. Averaging 8-10 miles per day.

Wandered for late night adventures to Block 9 etc a couple of times. As ever, an extraordinary experience in that corner. Mayhem. Nothing like it anywhere in the world. I have to agree, everywhere did feel that little bit busier this year. Not scarily so, but certainly there were some challenging bottle necks especially around headliner time - Macca was probably the biggest crowd I've every seen at the Pyramid. We couldn't get anywhere near close enough to get the full experience, so turned back for Roisin. Which worked out perfectly.

Everyone was ridiculously sound. The best crowd of people. Any trip to the toilet or food stall or bar would end up in a chat or run in with any number of people of all ages on the same wavelength. It was my 9th Glasto and it has changed a lot over the years. Definitely for the better. What they are creating for people, for everyone, is extraordinary. The ticket price is getting close 250% more than my first one, but for what's on offer these days, it is incredible value for money at roughly £60 per day for 24/7 entertainment. Bringing the whole family this time though took its toll finance wise with the travel and expenditure on site. Luckily one junior still enters free. But it was priceless.

I remember when I came back from my first one, I said to a friend; "That's the best 5 days I've had since I've been alive... and I've been to Ibiza." In many ways they are kindred spirits. There is something special going on there. And with 9 days to go now until we hit the island, I need to find a cool bag big enough to store supplies to feed us all day, every day as a lot of the island budget has been hit by the excesses of cider and falafels.

Back from hols & a real treasure trove of stuff to work my way through on iplayer. Been enjoying Khruangbin, Jessie Ware, Four Tet and Bicep. Started watching a bit of Black Midi last night (on a recommendation) - bonkers and compelling!

Back from hols & a real treasure trove of stuff to work my way through on iplayer. Been enjoying Khruangbin, Jessie Ware, Four Tet and Bicep. Started watching a bit of Black Midi last night (on a recommendation) - bonkers and compelling!
The bit where Khruangbin detunes his guitar mix song is brilliant. I though the Ware set was fantastic. Never realised she would be so good live.

It was pretty magical. First time bringing the juniors and it blew their tiny minds. The vibe was fantastic all around the site and everyone seemed so overwhelmed and grateful to be there. Highlights for us included Bonobo, Caribou, Confidence Man, Gabriels, Roisin Murphy, Billie Eilish - kids still reeling from that one, Nightmares on Wax - very short set after some issues at the start but ace all the same, Kae Tempest, Sigrid, Metronomy, Bicep and quite a few others on our travels. Averaging 8-10 miles per day.

Wandered for late night adventures to Block 9 etc a couple of times. As ever, an extraordinary experience in that corner. Mayhem. Nothing like it anywhere in the world. I have to agree, everywhere did feel that little bit busier this year. Not scarily so, but certainly there were some challenging bottle necks especially around headliner time - Macca was probably the biggest crowd I've every seen at the Pyramid. We couldn't get anywhere near close enough to get the full experience, so turned back for Roisin. Which worked out perfectly.

Everyone was ridiculously sound. The best crowd of people. Any trip to the toilet or food stall or bar would end up in a chat or run in with any number of people of all ages on the same wavelength. It was my 9th Glasto and it has changed a lot over the years. Definitely for the better. What they are creating for people, for everyone, is extraordinary. The ticket price is getting close 250% more than my first one, but for what's on offer these days, it is incredible value for money at roughly £60 per day for 24/7 entertainment. Bringing the whole family this time though took its toll finance wise with the travel and expenditure on site. Luckily one junior still enters free. But it was priceless.

I remember when I came back from my first one, I said to a friend; "That's the best 5 days I've had since I've been alive... and I've been to Ibiza." In many ways they are kindred spirits. There is something special going on there. And with 9 days to go now until we hit the island, I need to find a cool bag big enough to store supplies to feed us all day, every day as a lot of the island budget has been hit by the excesses of cider and falafels.
Did you see me at the bogs?

The bit where Khruangbin detunes his guitar mix song is brilliant. I though the Ware set was fantastic. Never realised she would be so good live.

She does a couple of super slushy ballads which I'm not so keen on, and not really how I "know" her, but otherwise she's great. I caught her in Glasgow a couple of weeks ago.

What an amazing week again at Glastonbury! Apologies for the long post...

Absolutely packed full of people having fun to every genre of music, in the sun hallelujah, the value for money is brilliant.

Not massively into bands but saw loads of great sets; Foals, IDLES, Blossoms, Noel, Sam Fender, Jack White, Jarvis, seeing a real life Beatle at 80 still smashing a long set of belters and more that escape me!

The only bum note was Diana Ross, which I was looking forward to, she was truely terrible. It was bad karaoke, because her mic was so low to cover her singing there was no crowd interaction because you couldn't hear her speaking - had to walk off. Which was fine because we caught Fountaines DC on the other stage.

Then the bits you don't see too much in TV; the circus and theatre field, the markets (food, drink, tat and music from everywhere), the Park, the political stuff, the green fields.

As a dance music fan the place is unreal, from Wednesday to Monday the place throngs with beats and production out of the world. Some of what we caught;

Carl Cox & Eric Poweel mobile disco was great fun, house with a kick in the sun. Got a good spot just inside the canapoy so the sound and crowd were great 🙌

Camelphat in the Glade was OK, Mrs' choice, probably only enjoyed 3 tunes. Left to listen to a banging Danny Howard in the bass Glade Dome.

Really enjoyed East everything B2B HAAI in the Stone Bridge for the Rave celebration. Rammed outside with 100's and 100's trying to get in, had to stop the music for safety shouts a few times!

Friday evening watched 40mins of Overmono. Nice to see ICCON full but not enough bang for me, so left for FOUR hours of techno in the Temple... amazing. Natsia B2B VTSE, FJAAK (wanted to see them in Manchester for a while) My Nu Leng B2B Wonky who had some vocals. Little rain at the end which produced a rainbow over the naughty corner 😎 Then sat in the booths at the Green peace tree spangled for a while enjoying Glastonbury life 😁

Four Tet on Arcadia was good, also meant we got in for another of the Mrs' choice Calvin Harris. Personally thought it was like someone playing a CD of his hits, banging beats... break down...vocal track...beats... people seemed to enjoy it, the crush after not so! Headed to a packed Shangri La after which as busy as I've seen it. Couldn't get near Jamie Jones or Solomun at 4:30am (didn't show). Ended up watching Tel Aviv's Partok on the bus Genosys and a bit of Pangaea x Pariah on IICON until my wife ran out of juice at 5:30am 😅

Others we enjoyed : Marshall Jefferson (hopefully catch him again in 2 week), Craig Charles funk and soul is great Fri afternoon party starter, Eats everything B2B Patrick Topping*

Highlight of the weekend was bumping into the Notting Hill carnival crew in Block 9, not been to the carnival but that was fun. Real party atmosphere from the selectas/Mc 🕺

BICEP is probably not my style but how I wanted to end the festival listening to dance music on Sunday evening. The visually it was amazing, the crowd were proper going for it and we enjoyed the tunes.

Got to have stamina, staying in the campervan field we cover around 20 miles a day. Starting Wednesday, finishing as the sunrises 9am at stone circle and back at it 11am, 5:30am Fri, 7:30am Saturday morning and relatively early finish midnight on Sunday takes it out of you.... hopefully do it all again next year🤞

IMG-20220626-230405.jpg

IMG-20220625-053456.jpg

IMG-20220626-230405.jpg

*the vibe was amazing all weekend but weirdly walking through WOW to meet friend a girl whacked my wife which was totally out of place for the festival. She didn't let it bother her and got on with it but was a shock

Last edited:
Everyone was ridiculously sound. The best crowd of people. Any trip to the toilet or food stall or bar would end up in a chat or run in with any number of people of all ages on the same wavelength.

Brillaint review @Amigo My friends brought their children this year, so the extended group had a 7, 8, 8 and a 15 year old all enjoying the festival with the big kids 😎

Wednesday evening I met a friend from home on the hill and we talked about how magical the place is as the sun was setting. I compared it to Ibiza, we both love the island, she said 'ibiza is special but the vibe here, the people and party are different to anywhere in the world'.

I think it's because normally we can go to Ibiza anytime between May and October to listen and party to the best music - Glastonbury is now super difficult to get tickets, this time we have waited 3 years and virtually everyone you meet is prepared to eekk out every drop of enjoyment for 5 days 🙌

What an amazing week again at Glastonbury! Apologies for the long post...

Absolutely packed full of people having fun to every genre of music, in the sun hallelujah, the value for money is brilliant.

Not massively into bands but saw loads of great sets; Foals, IDLES, Blossoms, Noel, Sam Fender, Jack White, Jarvis, seeing a real life Beatle at 80 still smashing a long set of belters and more that escape me!

The only bum note was Diana Ross, which I was looking forward to, she was truely terrible. It was bad karaoke, because her mic was so low to cover her singing there was no crowd interaction because you couldn't hear her speaking - had to walk off. Which was fine because we caught Fountaines DC on the other stage.

Then the bits you don't see too much in TV; the circus and theatre field, the markets (food, drink, tat and music from everywhere), the Park, the political stuff, the green fields.

As a dance music fan the place is unreal, from Wednesday to Monday the place throngs with beats and production out of the world. Some of what we caught;

Carl Cox & Eric Poweel mobile disco was great fun, house with a kick in the sun. Got a good spot just inside the canapoy so the sound and crowd were great 🙌

Camelphat in the Glade was OK, Mrs' choice, probably only enjoyed 3 tunes. Left to listen to a banging Danny Howard in the bass Glade Dome.

Really enjoyed East everything B2B HAAI in the Stone Bridge for the Rave celebration. Rammed outside with 100's and 100's trying to get in, had to stop the music for safety shouts a few times!

Friday evening watched 40mins of Overmono. Nice to see ICCON full but not enough bang for me, so left for FOUR hours of techno in the Temple... amazing. Natsia B2B VTSE, FJAAK (wanted to see them in Manchester for a while) My Nu Leng B2B Wonky who had some vocals. Little rain at the end which produced a rainbow over the naughty corner 😎 Then sat in the booths at the Green peace tree spangled for a while enjoying Glastonbury life 😁

Four Tet on Arcadia was good, also meant we got in for another of the Mrs' choice Calvin Harris. Personally thought it was like someone playing a CD of his hits, banging beats... break down...vocal track...beats... people seemed to enjoy it, the crush after not so! Headed to a packed Shangri La after which as busy as I've seen it. Couldn't get near Jamie Jones or Solomun at 4:30am (didn't show). Ended up watching Tel Aviv's Partok on the bus Genosys and a bit of Pangaea x Pariah on IICON until my wife ran out of juice at 5:30am 😅

Others we enjoyed : Marshall Jefferson (hopefully catch him again in 2 week), Craig Charles funk and soul is great Fri afternoon party starter, Eats everything B2B Patrick Topping*

Highlight of the weekend was bumping into the Notting Hill carnival crew in Block 9, not been to the carnival but that was fun. Real party atmosphere from the selectas/Mc 🕺

BICEP is probably not my style but how I wanted to end the festival listening to dance music on Sunday evening. The visually it was amazing, the crowd were proper going for it and we enjoyed the tunes.

Got to have stamina, staying in the campervan field we cover around 20 miles a day. Starting Wednesday, finishing as the sunrises 9am at stone circle and back at it 11am, 5:30am Fri, 7:30am Saturday morning and relatively early finish midnight on Sunday takes it out of you.... hopefully do it all again next year🤞

IMG-20220626-230405.jpg

IMG-20220625-053456.jpg

IMG-20220626-230405.jpg

*the vibe was amazing all weekend but weirdly walking through WOW to meet friend a girl whacked my wife which was totally out of place for the festival. She didn't let it bother her and got on with it but was a shock

never apologise for writing a long review! brilliant stuff Claret

Back