Glasto

they'll increasingly struggle to get big names because music has fractured so much now. Today's stars have a limited shelf-life. There are very few all-rounders left that really unify people, ages, classes, everybody and who have massive songbooks to select from.

But much as I love Macca it will be a real cringe if he can't reach those notes. Certainly takes balls at EIGHTY (!) when you know the voice is shot but I guess the sheer goodwill will carry him through. Would be a fitting finale.

Yep, read a good interview with Harvey Goldsmith (Live Aid promoter) that a lot of acts getting famous via social media haven't had the experience of doing the little clubs and minor stages at festivals which is crucial to be able to headline festivals and stadiums.

The industry is going to have to try and find some new headliners though, the barrell is running dry and the festival industry is worth too much to allow it all to fail. Holograms are getting better but they are a weird experience.

Yep, read a good interview with Harvey Goldsmith (Live Aid promoter) that a lot of acts getting famous via social media haven't had the experience of doing the little clubs and minor stages at festivals which is crucial to be able to headline festivals and stadiums.

The industry is going to have to try and find some new headliners though, the barrell is running dry and the festival industry is worth too much to allow it all to fail. Holograms are getting better but they are a weird experienfoq
for some reason cant leave the Glade for 3 days now...need to get my shoes on!!!!

Amazing weekend at Glasto! So much fun! Can’t really pick out highlights as I enjoyed every minute of it. Had a great opportunity offered to us to work for our tickets. It was a pleasure to be involved in a tiny part with the volunteers that help hold the festival together. Being crew comes with a bunch of perks that help make it worthwhile too.

I never new they existed but all the crew bars are great! Strange things happen down in Maceos! 🙃

Amazing weekend at Glasto! So much fun! Can’t really pick out highlights as I enjoyed every minute of it. Had a great opportunity offered to us to work for our tickets. It was a pleasure to be involved in a tiny part with the volunteers that help hold the festival together. Being crew comes with a bunch of perks that help make it worthwhile too.

I never new they existed but all the crew bars are great! Strange things happen down in Maceos! 🙃
No Maceos was the big downside of being a punter this year. Wholly recommend everyone who usually goes to have a year of working- it’s great fun

No Maceos was the big downside of being a punter this year. Wholly recommend everyone who usually goes to have a year of working- it’s great fun
100% agree! Highly recommend working if you get the opportunity! We will be signing up to work again next year!

100% agree! Highly recommend working if you get the opportunity! We will be signing up to work again next year!
Who did you work with this time round out of curiosity? I did three years of oxfam in the artists vehicle gate which was great

Who did you work with this time round out of curiosity? I did three years of oxfam in the artists vehicle gate which was great
I worked for a charity organisation called festive lizards. They have a sub-contract with CTM who look after traffic management to provide stewards for the car park and bus station.

Back