Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

I believe required docs depends on origin country- so I dont think any docs are required for that - since it´s an EU flight. But check spanish website (SPTH something)
When I had gone through baggage at the exit gate where everyone goes through (even EU's) I was told to go down a lane (to the right) where my covid certificate was checked; although I think I was asked which flight I got off and maybe those from the EU went down a separate lane to the left - maybe not checked? So I would take the docs and make sure they are up to date.

When I had gone through baggage at the exit gate where everyone goes through (even EU's) I was told to go down a lane (to the right) where my covid certificate was checked; although I think I was asked which flight I got off and maybe those from the EU went down a separate lane to the left - maybe not checked? So I would take the docs and make sure they are up to date.
Was this recently? Because im quite sure the new rules where no documents are required for EU-flights is quite new. :)

Was this recently? Because im quite sure the new rules where no documents are required for EU-flights is quite new. :)
Yes, last Monday (20th). Flying from the UK though, not the EU, after passport and baggage I thought I was clear, but on exiting the baggage hall I was directed down a lane for covid form protocol.

Can't remember if I was asked which flight I'd got off - it was late and I was in a hurry! So it's possible domestic EU flights may have been told to go a separate lane with no checks - could do with someone clarifying that?

Anyway I would deffo take all the necessary paperwork, maybe the airline can confirm if you need any?

Instead of speculating what arrivals from other destinations do, it's better to limit replies to your own experiences, otherwise there is too much conjecture. This thread should be as informative as possible. Thank you

Curious to hear the experience of non-Europeans, but are travelling from another European country. Travelling on a Canadian passport, but will be travelling directly to Ibiza from France (triple jabbed).

Do we think Spain will bring the UK into line with the rest of EU soon...ie no requirements. I'm double jabbed bt over the 270 days. I go Aug 5th. I recently went to Alicante and was covered via Recovery Pass (not that anyone checked it anyway) bt that's over the 180days now so if the current rules stay in place I'll hav to bite the bullet and hav the booster (ballache) or test (ballache).

I've just booked a week on Formentera for the first week of October (£760 room + flight!) so I hope all restrictions have gone by then, otherwise - even though the rules appear to suggest your booster is valid more than the 270 days I'm still not absolutely convinced I won't need a booster nearer the time. Really waiting to see what happens in the late summer when visitors (from the UK) who haven't had that second booster get on.

But frankly unless there's a serious variant I expect all protocols to be lifted by then, in fact I'd be surprised if they weren't gone by the start of the schooliehols.

That aside, masks STILL have to be worn on buses....and here's a thing, Ryanair - at the gate outbound and inbound - insisted on pax wearing masks. Wouldn't allow you on without. Guess what...the cabin crew didn't wear any so most pax took them off for the whole flight. Absolutely not joined-up thinking there.

BA are cutting 8 flights a week from Gatwick to Ibiza from July for the rest of the season

BA have made a 15% cut to all of their flights from London > Ibiza. And Gatwick is the hardest hit. As far as I can tell no impact to London Heathrow and London City.

To put this into perspective BA still have another 47 weekly flights from London to Ibiza after the cuts:
  • 19 outbound flights a week from London Heathrow to Ibiza
  • 21 outbound flights a week from London City to Ibiza
  • 7 outboard flights a week from London Gatwick to Ibiza

N.B. Most of the 7 Gatwick flights are operated by Iberia Express, which is the same company as BA as they all owned by IAG

Last edited:
In winter, is the only direct way to Ibiza from London City, Heathrow and Gatwick? Never found a direct flight further north than that.

Only with BA from London City to Ibiza. It’s daily now all through the winter.
Thanks, odd that they choose one of London region's smaller airports; I know it's not a "holiday destination" but even so a service from further away might be appreciated, even if it's just oddballs like me that don't mind Ibiza in winter, or those with their own accommodation out there!

Anyway, thatnks again, I'll look that up for late November and hope a hotel with indoor pool is open.

Thanks, odd that they choose one of London region's smaller airports

Makes perfect sense for them. The planes from City are 98 people capacity, plus this winter route mainly serves the 2nd home market, and a lot of those folks can go office to airport in minutes from Canary Wharf Etc.

Back