Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

I still do not get this stamping thing to be honest in 2022 when most things are digital. But I think the difference (with my UK hat on) is that the UK never 'stamps' out Passports and does not have a passport control to leave the UK. What I mean is when you leave a UK airport there is no Passport Control for anyone- you just leave!

And on entry to the UK, the following people can use e-gates: British citizen. a national of an EU country, Australia, Canada, Iceland, Japan, Liechtenstein, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland or the USA.

Last edited:
I still do not get this stamping thing to be honest in 2022 when most things are digital. But I think the difference (with my UK hat on) is that the UK never 'stamps' out Passports and does not have a passport control to leave the UK. What I mean is when you leave a UK airport there is no Passport Control for anyone- you just leave!

And on entry, the following people can use e-gates: British citizen. a national of an EU country, Australia, Canada, Iceland, Japan, Liechtenstein, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland or the USA.
I’ve got a new passport and was looking forward to using it on the gates.

And on entry to the UK, the following people can use e-gates: British citizen. a national of an EU country, Australia, Canada, Iceland, Japan, Liechtenstein, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland or the USA.

I work with many different countries for my job and some of it is a cultural thing, Spain and France still love stamps and signatures whereas in UK we try and get away with email approval, might do you a docusign if you insist etc :)

I work with many different countries for my job and some of it is a cultural thing, Spain and France still love stamps and signatures whereas in UK we try and get away with email approval, might do you a docusign if you insist etc :)

Actually, good point on that. I struggle with getting a lot of traction with DocuSign at work in some countries.

Re. The Boarder Stamps. The irony for me on the UK is that there were a bunch of people that wanted 'boarder control' as part of Brexit, but we have the most loose passport entry and exit policies ever. Scan your Passport on an e-gate, don't scan on the way out, and just scan on your way back in! Quite hilarious really.

Last edited:
Landed this morning. Newcastle Airport was a breeze but delays on getting suitcases at Ibiza, some people landed from other places saying they have been here 2 hours :( but oh well I'm on the island at least!

Landed this morning. Newcastle Airport was a breeze but delays on getting suitcases at Ibiza, some people landed from other places saying they have been here 2 hours :( but oh well I'm on the island at least!

Interesting. In terms of speed of getting suit-cases I would rank Ibiza up there as one of the fastest in the world - from my travels.

Interesting. In terms of speed of getting suit-cases I would rank Ibiza up there as one of the fastest in the world - from my travels.

Yeh usually, what's making it worse is they are deleting flights off the board so Jet2 staff having to shout what flight the bags are from

This year for the first time ever we are landing in the evening, 8.30pm. Is the airport quieter then or just the same as throughout the day?

Friday night. We saved £400 on flights by flying out on Friday night and having an extra night there
Only thing I say to be aware of if also a late flight out is hotel check-out times.

We had late flight few years ago (11pm pickup) and basically had 12+ hrs without a room. (Which broke me 😆).

Yeh nothing worse on a holiday in the Med, sitting in your going home clothes all day contemplating being back at work!
Just pay for the late check out 'now'....you know the inevitable call to reception 10 mins before checkout is a 'no, señor'

Just pay for the late check out 'now'....you know the inevitable call to reception 10 mins before checkout is a 'no, señor'
Would be difficult now we are entering holiday season and rooms are needed by 2pm; altough with package holidays if one firm books rooms, then the chances the pax flying in are on the same time-line, ie. arriving late so the holet room should be available for longer. That's the theory; in practice dump the bags in the hotel cubbyhole and spend the day by the pool/beach!

I’ve had a look at prices just incase we can sneak a weekend trip in this year and the prices are ridiculous!! Thats not just Ibiza mind

I’ve had a look at prices just incase we can sneak a weekend trip in this year and the prices are ridiculous!! Thats not just Ibiza mind
I think £480 was the cheapest i could find for the dates that are doable (yes it is aug bank hol weekend) but you used to be able to get a week for that much!

When we started looking for the end of July Sat to Sat the flights from Birmingham and East Mids were £500 per person before adding checked bags. We ended up booking Manchester Fri - Sat with 8 days car parking and checked bags for £600 total for both of us

When we started looking for the end of July Sat to Sat the flights from Birmingham and East Mids were £500 per person before adding checked bags. We ended up booking Manchester Fri - Sat with 8 days car parking and checked bags for £600 total for both of us
More like it!

Back