Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

Just been told all flights back to the UK require you to wear a mask. Is this true? The guy who told me is a bit of a know it all and just flew back from Benidorm. Not that it will bother me. I’ll be more concerned about getting there with this Ryanair strike.

We‘ve always been informed Masks are mandatory to and from Spain/Germany/Portugal. This last month they haven’t enforced it though (Ryanair). I always pack a few just in case. The number of people who must be flying with covid, I can see them enforcing it to protect the crew.

Just been told all flights back to the UK require you to wear a mask. Is this true? The guy who told me is a bit of a know it all and just flew back from Benidorm. Not that it will bother me. I’ll be more concerned about getting there with this Ryanair strike.
As far as I'm aware this is still a requirement.

I flew to Barcelona a week a go with Easyjet from Bristol and on the outbound flight they made an announcement advising that masks are still mandatory. However they did not enforce this and the majority of people sat around me didn't wear one.
On the return flight this Saturday no announcement was made but cabin crew and the majority of passengers wore masks.

Last edited:
On my flight back to Bristol on Saturday with Jet2 nobody wore a mask and there was no mention of a requirement. Same on the way out the week before.

They were boarding a BA flight back to Heathrow at the gate next to me though and they did state that masks were mandatory, so maybe it’s airline specific?

As far as I'm aware this is still a requirement.

I flew to Barcelona a week a go with Easyjet and on the outbound flight they made an announcement advising that masks are still mandatory. However they did not enforce this and the majority of people sat around me didn't wear one.
On the return flight this Saturday no announcement was made but cabin crew and the majority of passengers wore masks.

under Spanish law all aircraft entering/leaving Spanish airspace still have mandatory masks (as well as all public transport, taxis, pharmacies and medical centres). on easyjet and vueling as recently as May they were still being strict but maybe they're jaded enforcing it now? personally I would still wear mine regardless. for multiple reasons actually dreading my flight to Gatwick next week like no other I can remember.

Depends on the airline, not required on Jet2. Got asked to wear one on Ryanair but that was about 6 weeks ago now.

under Spanish law all aircraft entering/leaving Spanish airspace still have mandatory masks (as well as all public transport, taxis, pharmacies and medical centres). on easyjet and vueling as recently as May they were still being strict but maybe they're jaded enforcing it now? personally I would still wear mine regardless. for multiple reasons actually dreading my flight to Gatwick next week like no other I can remember.

A watch out that Ibiza buses still require a mask, had to pay a euro to buy one in San An...having raved maskless with a couple of thousand in Hi 🤔 but hey rules are rules!

No masks in or out on my flight to Benidorm other wk. The only people I saw wearing masks in Alicante airport were the people supposedly checking Covid documents (although they didnt seem to be doing much of that either). Jokers.
Are Spain ever going to scrap the 270 day rule??

A watch out that Ibiza buses still require a mask, had to pay a euro to buy one in San An...having raved maskless with a couple of thousand in Hi 🤔 but hey rules are rules!
the mask rule is for the locals and bus drivers...to protect them from people who just partied maskless with a couple thousand people.

Just checked my flight today, hour and ten minute delay no big deal.

Then I log into the website see they canceled my flight...

NO NONO NONONONONO NONONONONO!!!!!!

They canceled the original flight # and just added another...damn near shit a brick in my office.

OMG I can't handle any more BS today...please go smoothly the rest of the way....PLEASE.

Work colleague flew back from Barcelona last week, no mask, there were a group on the carpark transfer bus who had come from Ibiza with ryanair. They got to the gate, been told no mask - no boarding. Ran to buy mask and the gate was closed when they returned! Waited 6 or 8hrs for another flight!

We flew to/back from tenerife on Ryanair without being asked to wear masks.

No masks in or out on my flight to Benidorm other wk. The only people I saw wearing masks in Alicante airport were the people supposedly checking Covid documents (although they didnt seem to be doing much of that either). Jokers.
Are Spain ever going to scrap the 270 day rule??
I flew in to Alicante from Cardiff a month a go and masks were mandatory and all covid passes were checked on arrival.

Might be luck of the draw. I'm happy to wear a mask but definitely worth just ticking all of the boxes and being prepared...all you have to do is carry a mask in your pocket just in case, not a big ask.

Last edited:
I flew in to Alicante from Cardiff a month a go and masks were mandatory and all covid passes were checked on arrival.

Might be luck of the draw. I'm happy to wear a mask but definitely worth just ticking all of the boxes and being prepared...all you have to do is carry a mask in your pocket just in case, not a big ask.
Cheers Dad will do lol

I was carrying a mask, I was just stating that nobody was wearing them.

Last edited:
Flew back home yesterday and they were insisting on a mask at the gate to wear on the bus across to the plane. A lad we know had a snood which they didn't deem acceptable but had to go and get a mask. Only a few people wore them on the plane.
Interestingly there were apparently only 60 passengers of our ryanair flight back to Newcastle yesterday. Its a new route for them this year so hope it picks up as were far cheaper than jet2.

Back