Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

At the moment sadly not if you are from the UK, at the moment you need to be fully vaccinated and if you dont have the booster and your last jab was more than 270 days previous you then also need a negative test. If you are fully jabbed with booster there are no restrictions or forms to complete on arrival to spain. These rules will be reviewed on 15th June when they 'might' change but you will have to wait an see.

Today's the day I hope. Free the double-jabbed but no booster humans who voted against leaving the EU/Schengen area! Please

Today's the day I hope. Free the double-jabbed but no booster humans who voted against leaving the EU/Schengen area! Please

I agree it needs to be scrapped, but worryingly cases are on the increase again and Spain have been a lot stricter than other nations throughout.

Cant be anyone who hasnt had a jab or had covid and got antibodies now though, you'd have to be a very lonely antivaxxer who has lived in a cave for 2.5 years!

Cant be anyone who hasnt had a jab or had covid and got antibodies now though, you'd have to be a very lonely antivaxxer who has lived in a cave for 2.5 years!
Actually, me. :oops:

I never took the jab and have never tested positive despite numerous tests. During the pandemic I've been abroad 4 times, have spent a total of 4 weeks on Ibiza and 8 weeks in Greece, and have probably taken 70-80 individual, mainly domestic flights where masks are not widely used. So I haven't been living in a cave neither. Everyone sitting near me at work (completely open office, not even cubicles) or who I otherwise interact with (sit in small meeting rooms with) have been infected. Yet nothing bites me.

I've however been in every kind and length of quarantine, both at home and away, have been detained by the police upon arrival in Norway, and even been frog-marched through an airport to get to the quarantine facility.

The Norwegian authorities have estimated that 70% of people under 50 have been infected. As the vax uptake is 92% amongst adults, the vast majority of the infected have hybrid immunity. There are now very, very few of us left with neither the vax nor antibodies.

I'm basically waiting for scientists to get in contact to study my immune system. ;)

I'll soon be off on a 4 week holiday in Greece. This'll probably be my last chance to get infected.

Actually, me. :oops:

I never took the jab and have never tested positive despite numerous tests. During the pandemic I've been abroad 4 times, have spent a total of 4 weeks on Ibiza and 8 weeks in Greece, and have probably taken 70-80 individual, mainly domestic flights where masks are not widely used. So I haven't been living in a cave neither. Everyone sitting near me at work (completely open office, not even cubicles) or who I otherwise interact with (sit in small meeting rooms with) have been infected. Yet nothing bites me.

I've however been in every kind and length of quarantine, both at home and away, have been detained by the police upon arrival in Norway, and even been frog-marched through an airport to get to the quarantine facility.

The Norwegian authorities have estimated that 70% of people under 50 have been infected. As the vax uptake is 92% amongst adults, the vast majority of the infected have hybrid immunity. There are now very, very few of us left with neither the vax nor antibodies.

I'm basically waiting for scientists to get in contact to study my immune system. ;)

I'll soon be off on a 4 week holiday in Greece. This'll probably be my last chance to get infected.
I’m sure it’s down to our individual DNA. I’ve not had it ( touch wood ) but then again I’ve had every jab going. I know some people who’ve had it 3 or 4 times. And they’ve been jabbed. Who knows?

I’m sure it’s down to our individual DNA. I’ve not had it ( touch wood ) but then again I’ve had every jab going. I know some people who’ve had it 3 or 4 times. And they’ve been jabbed. Who knows?
I'm convinced...even though I can't back this up medically!....that some people are simply immune from covid whether they have the jabs or not. Maybe it's DNA/genes? All my dad's afflictions were passed down to me (glaucoma, postrate issues, nose the size of Kent) but none (as yet) from mum, so perhaps thats an area they should be looking at? Although, of course, many who say hey haven't had covid might well have but they simply didn't know?

Heads up Easyjet flyers:

"The USO union represents around 450 of easyJet’s Spain-based cabin crew in the popular summer destinations of Barcelona, Malaga and Palma de Mallorca.
If the strike goes ahead, cabin crew are set to walk out for three consecutive days at a time from July 1st – 3rd, 15th – 17th and 29th – 31st. The union is demanding at least a 40 per cent pay hike in order to keep up with the wages that cabin crew doing the same job are earning in other countries"

Knock on effect for Ibiza, do we reckon?

"The USO union represents around 450 of easyJet’s Spain-based cabin crew in the popular summer destinations of Barcelona, Malaga and Palma de Mallorca.
If the strike goes ahead, cabin crew are set to walk out for three consecutive days at a time from July 1st – 3rd, 15th – 17th and 29th – 31st. The union is demanding at least a 40 per cent pay hike in order to keep up with the wages that cabin crew doing the same job are earning in other countries"

Only if flying from Spain <-> ibiza. Uk <-> ibiza easyjet is not affected afaik as UK staff get paid more 🤷‍♂️

Thanks! Missed that

Has anyonw here flown from Gatwick to Ibiza (via Easyjet) recently? The latest news on airports and flight cancellations is not filling my girlfriend (and now me via osmosis) with much confidence for our holiday next week!

Has anyonw here flown from Gatwick to Ibiza (via Easyjet) recently? The latest news on airports and flight cancellations is not filling my girlfriend (and now me via osmosis) with much confidence for our holiday next week!
I flew with EasyJet from Gatwick on Wednesday 8 June. No issues to report

We had our Easyjet flights cancelled from Gatwick, due to fly out July 14th and back 18th. Moved us to Luton. We were told with about this with just under 2 months notice, so whilst annoying, not exactly like getting told when you arrive at the airport!

I reckon that if you haven't been advised of problems by now, you will probably be ok. Further up this thread, someone told me to look at https://uk.flightaware.com/ where you can put in your flight number and see if your flights have been on time, cancelled or whatever. It has provided me with a bit of comfort...even though I am still slightly nervous lol

Hello ! Sorry, I can't help you with that exactly. But maybe a tip, during our stay Americans in the queue in front of us wanted a rental car, but did not get them with an American driver's license.

Just got home. Notice at the airport you go through passport stamping first down the UK lane*, then join the queue for security. Both done in less than 10 mins, in fact shorter than stood on the bus waiting to be allowed on to the plane.

*How fecking embarrassing being treated as an "alien" thanks to a bloke with a french-sounding name.

Just got home. Notice at the airport you go through passport stamping first down the UK lane*, then join the queue for security. Both done in less than 10 mins, in fact shorter than stood on the bus waiting to be allowed on to the plane.

*How fecking embarrassing being treated as an "alien" thanks to a bloke with a french-sounding name.
No different to Americans, Canadians , Australians etc though!

No different to Americans, Canadians , Australians etc though!
Not exactly sure how they are processed at Ibiza, not sure if there are any direct flights from Ibiza to outside Europe, but departures has the UK desk, and I assume everyone else goes through without processing, so yes it is different from Americans, Canadians and Australians! Love to know how they are processed outbound if there are, indeed, any non-europe flights.

I am flying from Frankfurt to Ibiza in late July, I have a US vaccine card. Does anyone know what I need to enter Ibiza?
I believe required docs depends on origin country- so I dont think any docs are required for that - since it´s an EU flight. But check spanish website (SPTH something)

Back