Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

The NHS app is enough. You don't need to complete a SpTH form anymore

Yes, I know but just wanted peace of mind with the validation. I've just done it again using a screenshot of the open NHS app and it validated fine. For some reason the emailed PDF Pass doesn't work on the SpTH site.

I am flying from Germany to Ibiza, I am from the US (will get to Germany a few days before that. What do I need, Covd-wise? Do I need to get tested in Germany? Do I need to have vaccine cards (I have my US vaccine cards)?

I am flying from Germany to Ibiza, I am from the US (will get to Germany a few days before that. What do I need, Covd-wise? Do I need to get tested in Germany? Do I need to have vaccine cards (I have my US vaccine cards)?
Check the German rules of entry. And the Spanish ones as they may not be the same. They are both online

USA travelers: No need for return testing.
But travelers to the US must still be vaccinated. (A few unvaccinated celebrities have managed to get an exemption, as you'd expect). The US will therefore be missing out on a lot of potential tourists. 20 % of Norwegians and something like 25-30% of Brits are unvaccinated.

A couple of general comments about traveling:

CEOs of airports unable to cope with the traffic should be fired. There's no excuse for the catastrophic failure we are seeing in numerous airports. They have been hired and in most cases paid generously to ensure the airport is running smoothly. In comparison, last weekend when all hell seemed break loose in other airports, I used 4 minutes from the bus arrived until I was through security at Ålesund airport. I know it's a regional airport with only one outbound flight every 45 minutes. But they had enough employees to have two security lanes open, and therefore no queue. On Tuesday morning, the day after a public holiday, I used 15 minutes getting through Oslo airport. It was just as busy as in the pre-Covid era. But the airport had enough employees to keep all security lanes open.

Sadly, I think we'll look back on the airport troubles of 2022 with a bit of nostalgia next year. I fear the cost of living crisis will last for several years. This means fewer people will be holidaying abroad, and especially in expensive destinations like Ibiza. I hope I'm wrong, but I think hotel prices on Ibiza will be considerably lower next year compared to this summer. Lots of clubs will suffer too. It's not going to be easy.

But travelers to the US must still be vaccinated. (A few unvaccinated celebrities have managed to get an exemption, as you'd expect). The US will therefore be missing out on a lot of potential tourists. 20 % of Norwegians and something like 25-30% of Brits are unvaccinated.

CEOs of airports unable to cope with the traffic should be fired. There's no excuse for the catastrophic failure we are seeing in numerous airports. They have been hired and in most cases paid generously to ensure the airport is running smoothly. In comparison, last weekend when all hell seemed break loose in other airports, I used 4 minutes from the bus arrived until I was through security at Ålesund airport. I know it's a regional airport with only one outbound flight every 45 minutes. But they had enough employees to have two security lanes open, and therefore no queue. On Tuesday morning, the day after a public holiday, I used 15 minutes getting through Oslo airport. It was just as busy as in the pre-Covid era. But the airport had enough employees to keep all security lanes open.

Sadly, I think we'll look back on the airport troubles of 2022 with a bit of nostalgia next year. I fear the cost of living crisis will last for several years. This means fewer people will be holidaying abroad, and especially in expensive destinations like Ibiza. I hope I'm wrong, but I think hotel prices on Ibiza will be considerably lower next year compared to this summer. Lots of clubs will suffer too. It's not going to be easy.
I agree with you on both the need to end requirements and your economic outlook.

A lot of wealth will evaporate over the next couple years. I also think it will not be as easy (cheap) to fly across the Atlantic in 5 years as it was in 2019. Another topic for another thread...

There are online forms that we had to complete for Spanish entry, and these were checked before exiting the airport here in Ibiza.

As @B_Falls mentioned, you need to look at the official government sites, as the rules are changing daily.

It´s a shit show for us at Stockholm Arlanda. Yesterday they reported lines of over 4 hours at security. It seems people are arriving up to 8 hrs before their flight just to make it in time. Hopefully better in August when we´re due to fly.

It´s a shit show for us at Stockholm Arlanda. Yesterday they reported lines of over 4 hours at security. It seems people are arriving up to 8 hrs before their flight just to make it in time. Hopefully better in August when we´re due to fly.

Yeah, there is an absolute vicious circle going on here. Everyone hears how bad it is, gets there early, and then screws everyone else. I think they will have to start saying no more than 3 hours before to get into the airport - the only way that it can be controlled in many airports IMO#.

How is the Frankfurt airport?

Liverpool has been really good to fly from this year so far. However, with relevance to Ibiza its a shame there are no direct flights this summer. Surprising and a shame.
Agree flew out from Liverpool a couple weeks back without any hassle, all friends who flew to the wedding from Manchester were delayed badly!

Yeah, there is an absolute vicious circle going on here. Everyone hears how bad it is, gets there early, and then screws everyone else. I think they will have to start saying no more than 3 hours before to get into the airport - the only way that it can be controlled in many airports IMO#.
I don't think the problem is too many people in the tax free/departure area (past security), but instead security being a bottleneck.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I don't think the problem is too many people in the tax free/departure area (past security), but instead security being a bottleneck.

Depends on the airport. Some are due to lack of baggage handlers, some are security, some are gate agents, etc. There isn't a singular issue

Terminal 3 in Manchester is awful atm. Security queue moved fine. No longer wait than normal. Far too many people waiting to board though. 1 bar and 1 coffee shop with 40 minute queues for service. Nowhere near enough seating. My friend said it was exactly the same weeks ago.
Though like you say, I‘m glad I can afford the trip and its no real hardship. I just feel for the staff. They were ran ragged.

Terminal 3 in Manchester is awful atm. Security queue moved fine. No longer wait than normal. Far too many people waiting to board though. 1 bar and 1 coffee shop with 40 minute queues for service. Nowhere near enough seating. My friend said it was exactly the same weeks ago.
Though like you say, I‘m glad I can afford the trip and its no real hardship. I just feel for the staff. They were ran ragged.
T3 for me next Monday. Might chance one of the lounges, but knowing my luck if I booked, then security would take hours so couldn't use it. Ah, well, take a bottle and just fill it with water, but having queues @ the bars etc isn't good for the airport, if they are queuing they ain't spending.

T3 for me next Monday. Might chance one of the lounges, but knowing my luck if I booked, then security would take hours so couldn't use it. Ah, well, take a bottle and just fill it with water, but having queues @ the bars etc isn't good for the airport, if they are queuing they ain't spending.
Exactly. We’re Ryanair again at the end of the month. Hoping it’s eased off by midday but try the lounge.

Exactly. We’re Ryanair again at the end of the month. Hoping it’s eased off by midday but try the lounge.
Reports of Ryanair Spanish cabin staff striking, notably for me on the day of my departure. Dunno whether it's just those based in Spain; I'll find out if I get a text saying the flight's cancelled! Maybe I could find a cheap standby flight with Vuelling or something now before eveyone is scrambling around trying to get a flight home.

One thing after another...

Back