Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

Do you mean it was stamped when you arrived in Ibiza, but not when you left - or it was stamped both on arrival and departure but not in the UK? If it's the latter that's fine, as you have a perfect right to stay in tour own country as long as you like so a re-entry stamp's irrellevant!

But if it's the former, those stamps are used to add up the length of time to make sure you are within the 90/180 limits (presuming you are an UK citizen) so if it wasn't stamped out on return, then next time you enter it will look like you never left (!) and those days tot up.

If that happens the advice is to keep your return flight ticket/download if you have to prove you left, or maybe an e-gate was used so there's an electronic time-stamp (that sounds the more likely) but it cold be a horrible nightmare for an unwary tourist who, at best, when turning up in Europe could simply be forced to turn back and return, at worse goodness knows.

This is totally a Brexit issue, before Brexit we had leave to remain in any EU country as long as we sodding well liked providing we could support ourselves.
I meant they didn’t stamp it on leaving Ibiza.

I wouldn’t let it worry you chief, I’ve been working all over Europe and they rarely bother checking passport stamps. You’re movements are logged on passports mostly these days.

Was an E-passport scan station set up when we arrived in Ibiza actually, and another one when we arrived in Newcastle.

You’ll be fine, don’t let brexit get your thrillies in a twist. We are just another country now, like the rest of the World 😃👍

I meant they didn’t stamp it on leaving Ibiza.

I wouldn’t let it worry you chief, I’ve been working all over Europe and they rarely bother checking passport stamps. You’re movements are logged on passports mostly these days.

Was an E-passport scan station set up when we arrived in Ibiza actually, and another one when we arrived in Newcastle.

You’ll be fine, don’t let brexit get your thrillies in a twist. We are just another country now, like the rest of the World 😃👍
Yeah, I've never seen an immigration officer add up all those stamps to see if you are still within your days. I suppose if someone's been naughty and the cops want a word with them, they may well look at their passport to see if that's in order, and be really awkward if it isn't. So, basically, keep your knickers clean.

Makes you wonder why they have this 90/180 day rule if no-one's arsed with it.

Anyone recommend whether to go rapid antigen test or pcr to provide a negative certificate? And also if its a home kit are these fine to get in with?

Its for a mate and hes saying his head is battered with it and im not much help.

Anyone recommend whether to go rapid antigen test or pcr to provide a negative certificate? And also if its a home kit are these fine to get in with?

Its for a mate and hes saying his head is battered with it and im not much help.
I’ve been looking into this, to do a home test it has to be observed so you’re on a video call with a doc. Also those have to be done within 24hrs of flying

Could you let us know how you get on please, i have a friend in same situation but got a bit longer than you had before we fly.
Hi, sorry for delay. We never got ours checked but friends of ours did. So I guess it's a dammed if you do dammed if you don't kind of situation.

Although the rules have changed now haven't they?

I’m sorry to hear that @Ibizapaul .

My departure date is getting ever closer and instead of getting excited I’m getting more nervous in case it all gets pulled at the last minute :(

Yes, I'm due to fly out on Monday. All I can think about is my fight getting cancelled. I was far less stressed last year, even with all the testing and restrictions. My sympathies too @Ibizapaul. Hope you manage to sort something out.

Back