Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

Good, that clears up the slightly mixed message that they are still checking vax status. Phew!
Personally all I need now is absolute conformation that the first booster is "timeless" so you can be admitted even more than the 270 day limit.
You’ll be worn out by the time you get there.

The joys of summer 2022; after Ibiza in June **which I hope's gonna work out OK** I had a week booked in Holland in July, flying to and from Schiphol. Looking at reports in the press, it's crazy there, long, long queues at security never mind check-in. Flights delayed/cancelled/moved...So much so that they have queue "helpers" and I think they stand in line for you while you nip to the loo. What's the alternative...and empty bottle when you are solo and don't have the luxury of a pal with you?
So I've cancelled the flight and hotel - looks like it won't get better (probably worse) over the summer so I'll try again in autumn and go via Rotterdam. Changed flights so it's sub-tropical Jersey again (ha!) - paid a bit more for a decent hotel with pool indoor/out and luxurious lounges.
Gotta glam out, what??

What is it about Luton? I have done a few Friday nights out from there - and everyone has pretty much kicked off!
Just had an e-mail from Easyjet to tell me my flight from Gatwick on Thursday 14th July (Clockwork weekend) has been cancelled. Looks like all flights from Gatwick on the 13th and 14th have been cancelled. Also the Wednesday and Thursday the week before ((6th & 7th).

They are very very sorry and can move me to a flight at a similar time, for no extra cost.....from LUTON! At 19.50pm! So as you can imagine after reading all the horror stories in this thread about Luton, I am really happy about this.

Not to mention the logistical nightmare this throws up for me, considering we have babysitters lined up with military precision for the dropping off, and we still have to fly back to Gatwick on the Monday. So no driving and leaving the car.

F*cks sake. I bet there are a lot of unhappy Clockworkers out there at the moment, digesting similar e-mails...

And the cherry on top is that you can't take carry-on bags any more (unless they can fit under the seat) without paying for the extra legroom seats...so that's another £130 down the sh*tter

Just had an e-mail from Easyjet to tell me my flight from Gatwick on Thursday 14th July (Clockwork weekend) has been cancelled. Looks like all flights from Gatwick on the 13th and 14th have been cancelled. Also the Wednesday and Thursday the week before ((6th & 7th).

They are very very sorry and can move me to a flight at a similar time, for no extra cost.....from LUTON! At 19.50pm! So as you can imagine after reading all the horror stories in this thread about Luton, I am really happy about this.

Not to mention the logistical nightmare this throws up for me, considering we have babysitters lined up with military precision for the dropping off, and we still have to fly back to Gatwick on the Monday. So no driving and leaving the car.

F*cks sake. I bet there are a lot of unhappy Clockworkers out there at the moment, digesting similar e-mails...

And the cherry on top is that you can't take carry-on bags any more (unless they can fit under the seat) without paying for the extra legroom seats...so that's another £130 down the sh*tter
Fyi If they cancel you're entitled to a full refund. Looks like TUI has a 0740 flight out from LGW to IBZ on the 14th.

Happened to us at end of April … not sure what you paid but maybe try looking at using a connection via Barcelona with Veuling for about £125 one way

All this cancelling of flights, airport queue nonsense and general perceived negativity. Just doesn’t seem worth it for me atm. And my passport expires in a month.

Happened to us at end of April … not sure what you paid but maybe try looking at using a connection via Barcelona with Veuling for about £125 one way
Decided to just take the replacement flight from Luton. Bit of a ball-ache but I'm sure we can get a lift to Luton and then get the train home from Gatwick on the Monday. Not ideal....but at least we are still going!

After two of the most shitty years ever we are now faced with this. Did the airlines and airports not think that after two years of no or restricted travel, we wouldn't all be gagging to get away in our millions and be prepared for it??

If people start cancelling, or stop booking, then it will hit the industry as bad as covid but without the government grants, it's a vicious circle. In June/July I have flights booked with Ryanair - who seem (touchwood) to be OK at the moment, and Easyjet, which is a domestic flight.

Ye gods it get's worse, four-day rail strikes expected in the UK...have we all not had enough and just want "normal" back?

After two of the most shitty years ever we are now faced with this. Did the airlines and airports not think that after two years of no or restricted travel, we wouldn't all be gagging to get away in our millions and be prepared for it??

If people start cancelling, or stop booking, then it will hit the industry as bad as covid but without the government grants, it's a vicious circle. In June/July I have flights booked with Ryanair - who seem (touchwood) to be OK at the moment, and Easyjet, which is a domestic flight.

Ye gods it get's worse, four-day rail strikes expected in the UK...have we all not had enough and just want "normal" back?

In part they have caused it by sacking staff during lockdown and then offering them worse terms to come back. Other staff have just got fed up of the long unsociable hours and quit the industry. There's also a section of the British public who now think they are social media stars and are above doing 'normal' jobs.

So no don't think they will sort itself out soon sadly. Do think some of the budget airlines need to stop the stupid low fares and cut the schedules back to something they can manage tho. No point luring people in with £7.99 fares if you can't handle that many planes at once.

We are booked on jet2 from Manchester on July 22nd, hoping by then thing will have improved. Planning on getting to the airport for midday for a 5pm flight

Back