Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

Gatwick North right now is busiest I've seen an airport in a long, long time (bear in mind I usually fly in and out in April then late October)

How long did security take? Have heard some nightmare wait times over the last few weeks.

Gatwick North right now is busiest I've seen an airport in a long, long time (bear in mind I usually fly in and out in April then late October)

Half term will be a big test for the airports, they say they are recruiting staff but understandably security checking staff takes time

Cant understand why they arent spreading the flights out a bit though, smaller airports like Leeds still have a burst of flights in a morning then go into almost lockdown all day before reopening for arrivals on a night, makes sense in normal times for the costs but not right now.

Half term will be a big test for the airports, they say they are recruiting staff but understandably security checking staff takes time

Cant understand why they arent spreading the flights out a bit though, smaller airports like Leeds still have a burst of flights in a morning then go into almost lockdown all day before reopening for arrivals on a night, makes sense in normal times for the costs but not right now.
Oh, the murky world of airport take off and landing slots. If you're a bit of a travel nerd like me, it's quite interesting all the politics that goes along with it as well as ALL THE MONEY

Is the south terminal open again now? When I flew to Cuba in January it was only the north terminal that was operating

Luton airport seemed sensible on Friday and coming back Monday night/Tuesday am. (Slight smug feeling going into the (much shortr) European queue at Faro airport with my Irish passport. Hadn't used it yet as the family don't have so no point when travelling with them)

Full flight. Lots of big family groups, intergenerational. The largest number of children and babies I ever shared a flight with, not just to Ibiza, but anywhere. Thankfully the majority were very well behaved for most of it. Amazing what a tablet or handheld games console can do. There was a chorus of screams for the final 40mins though.
Also a few ragtag misfits heading out for Slip Back In Time including a pair dressed as Kevin & Perry

Full flight. Lots of big family groups, intergenerational. The largest number of children and babies I ever shared a flight with, not just to Ibiza, but anywhere. Thankfully the majority were very well behaved for most of it. Amazing what a tablet or handheld games console can do. There was a chorus of screams for the final 40mins though.
Also a few ragtag misfits heading out for Slip Back In Time including a pair dressed as Kevin & Perry

I could write a book on flights to Ibiza! Some very funny moments, and some quite scary ones from Luton late at night!

One of the funniest moments was actually a day flight form Heathrow with BA in 2018. Was due to land about 3pm (so not an after work crowd), and just as we were coming over PDB the cabin crew noticed someone was in the toilet. So pressed some button to the Pilot to abort the landing - so we had to do a 'go-around' (wheels up, and you have to do a 10-15 min loop). The culprit was a ~40 year old quite middle class lady who was v drunk (but friendly) - too many Champagnes in Club!

I could write a book on flights to Ibiza! Some very funny moments, and some quite scary ones from Luton late at night!

One of the funniest moments was actually a day flight form Heathrow with BA in 2018. Was due to land about 3pm (so not an after work crowd), and just as we were coming over PDB the cabin crew noticed someone was in the toilet. So pressed some button to the Pilot to abort the landing - so we had to do a 'go-around' (wheels up, and you have to do a 10-15 min loop). The culprit was a ~40 year old quite middle class lady who was v drunk (but friendly) - too many Champagnes in Club!

You're right its always a random flight, in 2017 we flew in perfect sunny August weather but suddenly the sky went black over the island and we had to divert to Majorca, several people were completely hammered on the flight and it all kicked off, a fight broke out so they had to get the Guarda Civil on in Majorca to haul them off. Landed in Ibiza 3 hours late to streets like rivers, ran through Bossa through the rain to get to Hi were miraculously we made it to the start of Armin's set!

Worst flight I can remember was a Monarch flight from Luton-Malaga in 2005. Three women sat directly behind me. Pikeys I think. Louder cackles than an entire battery farm. They got more and more aggressive as the flight went on. The (Spanish) staff refused to serve them any more and they got belligerent, calling the steward 'Pedro' (not his name) and swearing continuously. One then got up and actually tried to open the door before being restrained. When we eventually arrived, one of the stewardesses was crying. The GC were waiting and there was a cheer. During that flight I did briefly reconsider my opposition to capital punishment.

Worst flight I can remember was a Monarch flight from Luton-Malaga in 2005. Three women sat directly behind me. Pikeys I think. Louder cackles than an entire battery farm. They got more and more aggressive as the flight went on. The (Spanish) staff refused to serve them any more and they got belligerent, calling the steward 'Pedro' (not his name) and swearing continuously. One then got up and actually tried to open the door before being restrained. When we eventually arrived, one of the stewardesses was crying. The GC were waiting and there was a cheer. During that flight I did briefly reconsider my opposition to capital punishment.

What is it about Luton? I have done a few Friday nights out from there - and everyone has pretty much kicked off!

What is it about Luton? I have done a few Friday nights out from there - and everyone has pretty much kicked off!

I have my theories...

Anyway, best to go in the morning or do things the romantic way - car/train/ferry - talking of which I just read Spain has dropped covid checks for people travelling in by land (water?)

I have my theories...

Anyway, best to go in the morning or do things the romantic way - car/train/ferry - talking of which I just read Spain has dropped covid checks for people travelling in by land (water?)

Coming from UK, do not get to do it much... but arriving somewhere by boat / ferry is amazing. Seeing the island / location get bigger as you get closer - very romantic I agree.

Yup, my 5.30pm from Luton to Faro, Friday just gone, left more than hour late after some herbert got hoiked off for mouthing off. Then one of the young ladies sat across from me, who were swigging neat from a bottle of Jaegar from before boarding gate and on the plane, made so many toliets trips to vomit, they closed the toilets at our end to everyone but her.

Yup, my 5.30pm from Luton to Faro, Friday just gone, left more than hour late after some herbert got hoiked off for mouthing off. Then one of the young ladies sat across from me, who were swigging neat from a bottle of Jaegar from before boarding gate and on the plane, made so many toliets trips to vomit, they closed the toilets at our end to everyone but her.
How about instead closing Luton airport?

hey, i understand the travelers from the U.K. need to show proof of vaccination or a recovery certificate whereas travelers from the EU can enter with a negative test. does anyone know if these rules are different for EU travelers who are traveling through a U.K. airport? it's much cheaper for me to fly ireland -> U.K. -> ibiza rather than directly from ireland to ibiza. this is with an EU passport.

thanks!

Back