Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

hey, i understand the travelers from the U.K. need to show proof of vaccination or a recovery certificate whereas travelers from the EU can enter with a negative test. does anyone know if these rules are different for EU travelers who are traveling through a U.K. airport? it's much cheaper for me to fly ireland -> U.K. -> ibiza rather than directly from ireland to ibiza. this is with an EU passport.

thanks!

I assume the fact that you have an EU Passport is what counts? You go into the EU Lane in Ibiza?

I assume the fact that you have an EU Passport is what counts? You go into the EU Lane in Ibiza?
not sure honestly. haven't been in a few years and can't remember how border control looks. do you pick your own lane based on your passport or is it based on where your flight originated?

not sure honestly. haven't been in a few years and can't remember how border control looks. do you pick your own lane based on your passport or is it based on where your flight originated?
what passport you hold/use. Doesn't matter where your flight originated from.

If they don't base it on flight origin, how would they deal with an American, EU passport holder, etc, living in London....

Dumbest of dumb questions but.........

Just proof of vaccination or proof of recovered infection in last 6 month's (I have both) from UK?

Paranoid about getting it wrong

3 days!!!!!

Dumbest of dumb questions but.........

Just proof of vaccination or proof of recovered infection in last 6 month's (I have both) from UK?

Paranoid about getting it wrong

3 days!!!!!

They are able to scan QR codes in NHS app so either should work

Also a few ragtag misfits heading out for Slip Back In Time including a pair dressed as Kevin & Perry
Update on this, they were in OUT later dressed in the same clothes. OUT didn't open until 23:00, our flight departed at 07:05...

I don't understand, if Spain abolishes the checks on covid vax certifucates; and allow entry with a negative test, does that mean those of us fully vaxxed + booster now have to take a teast? Surely that's going a step backwards?

When you arrive on any flight from a non-Schengen country you have a choice if going down the EU passport lane or All Other Passports lane. It's the latter for the UK (thanks, Brexit) and we have our passports scanned, and then stamped (thanks, Brexit).
Those arriving from the Republic of Ireland would go down the EU passports only lane, and have their passport briefly scanned and away.

When you arrive on any flight from a non-Schengen country you have a choice if going down the EU passport lane or All Other Passports lane. It's the latter for the UK (thanks, Brexit) and we have our passports scanned, and then stamped (thanks, Brexit).
Those arriving from the Republic of Ireland would go down the EU passports only lane, and have their passport briefly scanned and away.

It’s not an EU thing but a national government decision what “Passport Lane” the British go in.

Portugal now let’s all U.K. Passport holders use the same e-gates as EU holders. Some of this is trying to look more “open” than their neighbour. And I think Greece is going to announce the same very soon.

And of course in all U.K. airports all EU, US & Canada, Australia & NZ + others can use the e-gates as if U.K. passport holders.

It’s not an EU thing but a national government decision what “Passport Lane” the British go in.

Portugal now let’s all U.K. Passport holders use the same e-gates as EU holders. Some of this is trying to look more “open” than their neighbour. And I think Greece is going to announce the same very soon.

And of course in all U.K. airports all EU, US & Canada, Australia & NZ + others can use the e-gates as if U.K. passport holders.
I assume those UK passengers will still be required to have their passport stamped on entry and exit, at least until the ETIAS scheme starts. So I can't see how the Portugeuse system can work; if the passport isn't stamped on entyr, but the pax (say) travels to Spain and departs from there, there would be an exit stamp but not entry.

E-gates are in operation at Lisbon, Faro, Porto and Funchal (Madeira) airports for use by British and some other non-EU passport holders. These e-gates are separate to the e-gates for EU/EEA/Swiss citizens. On arrival or departure, check you are eligible to use the e-gates and that you are in the right queue. When using an e-gate, your entry/exit is recorded on the computer system. A border officer may also stamp your passport after you have passed through the e-gate; this is for airport operational reasons.

If you use a manned booth, check that your passport is stamped by the border officer when you enter or exit as a visitor.

Check your passport is stamped by the border officer when you enter and exit Portugal as a visitor.

You can use the manned staffed immigration booths or, if you are aged 18 and over, the e-gates designated for UK and some other non-EU nationals. Hand your passport for stamping to the border officer after you have passed through the e-gate.

Border guards use passport stamps and e-gate records to check you’re complying with the 90-day visa-free limit for short stays in the Schengen area. If relevant entry or exit stamps are not in your passport or visible to a border officer on the computer system, a border officer will may presume that you have overstayed your visa-free limit.

If you are missing entry/exit stamps, you can show evidence of when and where you entered or exited the Schengen area and ask the border officer to add this date and location in your passport. Examples of acceptable evidence include boarding passes and tickets.
Explains it could be an e-stamp I suppose, but the gates are still separate for EU's and everyone else.

I don't understand, if Spain abolishes the checks on covid vax certifucates; and allow entry with a negative test, does that mean those of us fully vaxxed + booster now have to take a teast? Surely that's going a step backwards?
I assume it'll be either or. But for double jabbed over the 270 days (like me) it won't make much difference, I'll hav to hav booster or test, unless they scrap the 270 rule too. It should all just be abolished now it's pathetic imo

I assume those UK passengers will still be required to have their passport stamped on entry and exit, at least until the ETIAS scheme starts. So I can't see how the Portugeuse system can work; if the passport isn't stamped on entyr, but the pax (say) travels to Spain and departs from there, there would be an exit stamp but not entry.

Explains it could be an e-stamp I suppose, but the gates are still separate for EU's and everyone else.

Yeah, not 100% sure. Anyone been to Portugal recently? Says something here about an e-stamp

I assume it'll be either or. But for double jabbed over the 270 days (like me) it won't make much difference, I'll hav to hav booster or test, unless they scrap the 270 rule too. It should all just be abolished now it's pathetic imo
Couldn't agree more. Ths sooner the better. There's the prospect of still having his protocal in autumn at a time when the ETIAS system is being brought in which will be a double complication.
By now I've normally booked Ibiza/Formentera for Sept/Oct but I'm holding out until much later - so hotels and airlines are missing out on my pennies right now.

Back