Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

On another forum they say France is shortly to announce you can travel there without quarantine and just a PCR (?) test. I think I'll wait until no tests are required, and of course France is still on the UK's amber list. But I suppose it's a start.
I didn't heard anything like that here.

If you booked with Avios don’t take a refund or credit back. Ask them to rebook you for new dates, you don’t need Avios availability either

I'm looking at this now but flights out are very limited (and crazy prices if you had to pay!). I have to make sure the hotel is OK with me changing dates first (without going through agent).
I already have my flights booked for my September trip and don't want to book yet for next year - I think i'm done now with booking a year in advance!

US citizens are able to travel to Spain starting June 7. Spanish government bungled the message badly.

US citizens are able to travel to Spain starting June 7. Spanish government bungled the message badly.

any indication of when US borders reopen to non-US citizens/non-green carders? My (British) gf has a flight booked from Madrid to LA in August and sweating on whether borders will have opened by then...

any indication of when US borders reopen to non-US citizens/non-green carders? My (British) gf has a flight booked from Madrid to LA in August and sweating on whether borders will have opened by then...
There's been talk of removing outside travel restrictions for a couple months, nothing official yet. I assume when the eu adds us to the vaccine passport it will be reciprocal. August should be doable

The papers report that in Portugal they struggle to get everyone tested before thet retrun home - mainly due to the rush to beat the deadline I expect.

What is available in Ibiza when it goes green? Is there anything available where we can have a test within the 72 hours of return? Or do we have to take testing kits out with us/buy them whilst in Ibiza?

Also - has Ibiza got any tourists currently, and if so, where from?

The papers report that in Portugal they struggle to get everyone tested before thet retrun home - mainly due to the rush to beat the deadline I expect.

What is available in Ibiza when it goes green? Is there anything available where we can have a test within the 72 hours of return? Or do we have to take testing kits out with us/buy them whilst in Ibiza?

Also - has Ibiza got any tourists currently, and if so, where from?

you forumers should read our actual website a little more often ;)

and yeah, we've got lots of tourists already. germans, dutch, french, italian, swiss, austrians, belgium, scandinavia....

you forumers should read our actual website a little more often ;)

and yeah, we've got lots of tourists already. germans, dutch, french, italian, swiss, austrians, belgium, scandinavia....
Bookmarked!!

?? Where is the Galeno clinic in playa d'en Bossa? I've found the one in San An but that's no use for me. One in Ibiza town would be better - rather have a test in a clinic than rely on post and doing it myself.

Notice at Faro airport everyone has to queue to get to the checkin desk, even if you don't have bags (I normally walk straight past with no hold bags and e-ticket) to have their covid credentials checked. So get to the airport even earlier!!

Meanwhile - totally unrelated - as someone who's mother (early 80's) and grandmother (late 70's) had Alzhiemers' I'm so relieved to see on TV that there's a drug in the process of being passed which prevents the disease in the first place, attacks the plaque or something. On topic - if I need it, and getetically I'm at risk, and it works then that should extend my holidaying in Ibiza for many more years, and kinda makes up for the lost time through covid.

Silver lining and all that!!

Last edited:

And now the Brits are coming! Well - me anyway 😄.

Changed my cancelled flights, now flying out 8 days later on the 19th June. Means I have another (slight) chance of Ibiza going on the UK green list before my return. In and out flights now from Heathrow, both look pretty full, just a couple of seats left on each.

Managed to cancel my original hotel booking without penalty and rebook - at a slightly better price - so squeezing an extra night in 👍.

Only real problem is that I am unable to change my flight details with Eurofins, the disgrace of a company I purchased my 2 return PCR tests with. Impossible to get any direct communication from them.

Still have my test booking ref that I need to enter on my Passenger Locator form, but now I’m wondering if these references are checked and verified before you get sent your QR code. Not going to look good if this shows that my flight departed 8 days earlier than the one I’m booked on!

So still a bit stressed.

I emailed salutlabs about the procedure - this is their reply

Hello; A driver will come to your address, and will hand you over the self sampling test, after that the driver will bring the test to the laboratory. You will receive the result in 24 hours. Kind regards Justine

It's not terribly clear, but it sounds like you have to be in your hotel (reception/room?) waiting for the driver, who hand your kit over, you spit into it, seal it and hand back to the driver? Presume with a form to fill in to confirm your id?

Better than them leaving it at reception and then the pax trying to find a post box to return; lot less hassle.

I emailed salutlabs about the procedure - this is their reply

Hello; A driver will come to your address, and will hand you over the self sampling test, after that the driver will bring the test to the laboratory. You will receive the result in 24 hours. Kind regards Justine

It's not terribly clear, but it sounds like you have to be in your hotel (reception/room?) waiting for the driver, who hand your kit over, you spit into it, seal it and hand back to the driver? Presume with a form to fill in to confirm your id?

Better than them leaving it at reception and then the pax trying to find a post box to return; lot less hassle.
Sounds good they will be busy over the summer! at least it creates alot of jobs for people

Back