Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

can't believe this news comes the same day as '50% of adult's in UK have had both jabs'

(scratches head)

I'm contemplating just doing the quarantine at this rate, obviously a shocking blow for tourism.. is it another 3 weeks before a possible change?

can't believe this news comes the same day as '50% of adult's in UK have had both jabs'

(scratches head)

I'm contemplating just doing the quarantine at this rate, obviously a shocking blow for tourism.. is it another 3 weeks before a possible change?

The thinking does seem a bit muddled right now, 75% of UK adults have had 1 jab, so on theory risk of both spreading it and getting seriously ill is significantly reduced. But they still seem concerned with case rates and variants. And yeh believe it's every 3 weeks the review.

They are blaming the Portugal rise on the UK football fans. As far as I know, they were all tested before setting out and on return. Therefore, they were all negative...so why are they getting the blame? On a wider scale, if the testing before/during/after trips has been proved to be useless, why do it???

Wouldn't it now be better to have no tests at all, but just allow the double-vaxxed to travel?? I simply don't get it. At the moment no-one, vaxxed or not, can travel anywhere without the sword hanging over them r/e moving the goalposts when you get there.

If Ibiza was green, would you want to go?? Right now??

They are blaming the Portugal rise on the UK football fans. As far as I know, they were all tested before setting out and on return. Therefore, they were all negative...so why are they getting the blame? On a wider scale, if the testing before/during/after trips has been proved to be useless, why do it???

Wouldn't it now be better to have no tests at all, but just allow the double-vaxxed to travel?? I simply don't get it. At the moment no-one, vaxxed or not, can travel anywhere without the sword hanging over them r/e moving the goalposts when you get there.

No surprise the Football fans getting the blame instead of the Rich UEFA sponsors and hangers on who also flew in...

Personally I wouldn't go to Ibiza right now due to the faff of distancing in airports, wearing masks, doing tests and the chance of rules changing while away...but I was jabbed last week so my actual fear of getting ill and guilt of passing the virus on has massively reduced. Soon as it's quick and easy to get there I'll be there.

The thinking does seem a bit muddled right now, 75% of UK adults have had 1 jab, so on theory risk of both spreading it and getting seriously ill is significantly reduced. But they still seem concerned with case rates and variants. And yeh believe it's every 3 weeks the review.
hopefully there is enough boot off about this and 3 weeks time sings a different tune mate. just seems crazy now

Just read the latest rules apply from Tuesday, so for those that flew out to Portugal this week they now have to quarantine if they arrive back from Tuesday...I'm still working from home so that wouldn't inconvenience me as much as others, but it's still putting me off booking anything. 10 days sat indoors when the UK is finally having some good weather and the Euro's are on in the beer gardens would be painful :)

My missus (like others) hasnt seen her mum and dad in a year, they live near Benidorm. I might have to think about doing the self isolation, if we came back on a Friday and done the optional test on day 5 , I think that would mean only an extra three days holiday from work. We'll probably hang on , but I genuinely dont think Spain will go on green at any point. just my opinion. Todays announcement has got me thinking that way.

(scratches head)

Every 3 weeks then the updated lists kick in a week or so later. Previous announcement was 7th May, so a 4 week cycle approx.

:lol::lol::lol:

but I genuinely dont think Spain will go on green at any point. just my opinion. Todays announcement has got me thinking that way.

Been saying it for weeks, UK govt wants to discourage all leisure travel to the EU this Summer by Brits. The Portuguese toe in the water just to be seen not to be an EU country thing. G7 will be over in just over a week let's see what comes of that. Of course France and Germany imposing quarantine on arriving vaccinated Brits when our rates are so low hasn't helped - Indian variant likely rife all over Europe right now (they're just not sequencing it to likely hide the fact they're already screwed) - there's more politics than science at play. Getting to/from Ibiza is going to be a risky headache all Summer.

Been saying it for weeks, UK govt wants to discourage all leisure travel to the EU this Summer by Brits. The Portuguese toe in the water just to be seen not to be an EU country thing. G7 will be over in just over a week let's see what comes of that. Of course France and Germany imposing quarantine on arriving vaccinated Brits when our rates are so low hasn't helped - Indian variant likely rife all over Europe right now (they're just not sequencing it to likely hide the fact they're already screwed) - there's more politics than science at play. Getting to/from Ibiza is going to be a risky headache all Summer.
If that's the case they should have come out and said "no travel, six months, don't even think it" and then - hate it as we would - we're not being messed around either before, or worse, when we are there.

As you rightly say, the world and his dog is coming over for the G7; something that could be done remotely, but that's OK innit??

But these planktons allowed the Indian variant in because they kept allowing travel from India. Today on TV all the airline companies and airports are furious, although it's hard to find sympathy with O'Leary due to the impossible task of getting refunds!

Final point, for me it's off. Not even checking which list Ibiza gets put on...what's the point?? Still clinging to the remote hope October will be OK but the months of stress beforehand kills off any enjoyment.

It's frustrating but it's not the end of the world. I'm flying out tomorrow and now really looking forward to it. I'm going with my parents, wife and 1 year old daughter so it will be beach and pool in the day and sunsets in the eve. Out there for 12 days and then 5 days quarantine when I return. Shouldn't be too bad with the better weather sat in the garden :)

Rick

I'm not going to lie, I had allowed the thought of Ibiza being added to the green list to occupy my thoughts for the past week or so.

I shouldn't have, but I'm always optimistic in my outlook on life.

So yesterday was a bit of a kick in the nuts.

Coincidentally, yesterday morning I was actually in hospital for an operation.

I got a vasectomy ✂️🥜 (stop laughing at the back)

So today it does actually feel like I've been kicked in the nuts too :confused:

Bloody hell.

I'm not going to lie, I had allowed the thought of Ibiza being added to the green list to occupy my thoughts for the past week or so.

Bloody hell.

ouch x2

Bloody hell.
No new Only Fans content for a little while then ;)

Back