Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

When I was checking the current status of my flights I was shocked to see how much the prices of the Ibiza to London flights have dropped. From £15 with carry on luggage! Far cheaper than the Covid tests :oops: Unfortunately not quite as cheap to fly out though.

Attachments

• BA Ibiza flights.png
    BA Ibiza flights.png
    326.6 KB · Views: 15
Just paid £120 for 'fit to fly' and day 2 from aplhabiolabs, didn't like the reviews of Eurofins. You could add a lateral flow* which may be £20/30.

I understand £150 isn't to be sniffed at but it is not prohibitive when you think of what you can spend on holiday - especially in Ibiza

*edit Alpha do not sell these, I mean in resort

Last edited:
Just paid £120 for 'fit to fly' and day 2 from aplhabiolabs, didn't like the reviews of Eurofins. You could add a lateral flow which may be £20/30.

I understand £150 isn't to be sniffed at but it is not prohibitive when you think of what you can spend on holiday - especially in Ibiza

Ooops - I didn't check any reviews! Aplhabiolabs Day 2 & 8 kit is £180 though - that's quite a difference.

I need to contact Eurofins - ordered Monday night, no communication since. Tests are supposed to be delivered 24 hours from order.

Oh god - I've just read some reviews - now I'm worried 😟

The financial implications are stacking up for me. Due to EasyJet cancelling my flight, the new flight day and subsequent change of car hire rate plus the hotel price increase by moving further into July means I’m already €450 down. That’s before I stick anything up my nose (*swab).

Ooops - I didn't check any reviews! Aplhabiolabs Day 2 & 8 kit is £180 though - that's quite a difference.

I need to contact Eurofins - ordered Monday night, no communication since. Tests are supposed to be delivered 24 hours from order.

Oh god - I've just read some reviews - now I'm worried 😟
I'll report back after but I ordered test yesterday, got an email confirmation straight aeay acknowledging order and then confirmation later in afternoon. Message from DHL last night saying it was on its way. Flying back into Liverpool and plan to take test in airport and drop at the lab which is en route to our area if possible.

When I tried to order Sunday night it had out of stock, I checked again at 9am and they were there. I think this is to avoid over selling or promising outside of office hours at a guess

The financial implications are stacking up for me. Due to EasyJet cancelling my flight, the new flight day and subsequent change of car hire rate plus the hotel price increase by moving further into July means I’m already €450 down. That’s before I stick anything up my nose (*swab).

fuerza Amigo. I hope you get to have a good holiday after all this

I'll report back after but I ordered test yesterday, got an email confirmation straight aeay acknowledging order and then confirmation later in afternoon. Message from DHL last night saying it was on its way. Flying back into Liverpool and plan to take test in airport and drop at the lab which is en route to our area if possible.

When I tried to order Sunday night it had out of stock, I checked again at 9am and they were there. I think this is to avoid over selling or promising outside of office hours at a guess

So are you saying that you are taking your Day 2 return test out with you to Ibiza? When are you flying out?

When I ordered my tests Monday night I assumed I would receive them both within 24 hours of ordering so I would have them before I fly out. Intended to take the day 2 test as soon as I came back to get in in the post next day (Sat morning).

Just tried calling Eurofins to get an automated message saying Day 2 test is posted out on Day 0 (the day you fly back) and Day 8 is sent out on Day 6. Nothing on the website about that. Then they might not even turn up.

At the end of the day what you really need is the reference number for the Passenger Locator form so you can get back home. If there's a cockup with the tests hopefully can place the blame fully on Eurofins.

Looks like they've already been removed from the Gov recommended list.

There should be some helpline numbers for all of this - it's so bloody complicated!

So are you saying that you are taking your Day 2 return test out with you to Ibiza? When are you flying out?

When I ordered my tests Monday night I assumed I would receive them both within 24 hours of ordering so I would have them before I fly out. Intended to take the day 2 test as soon as I came back to get in in the post next day (Sat morning).

Just tried calling Eurofins to get an automated message saying Day 2 test is posted out on Day 0 (the day you fly back) and Day 8 is sent out on Day 6. Nothing on the website about that. Then they might not even turn up.

At the end of the day what you really need is the reference number for the Passenger Locator form so you can get back home. If there's a cockup with the tests hopefully can place the blame fully on Eurofins.

Looks like they've already been removed from the Gov recommended list.

There should be some helpline numbers for all of this - it's so bloody complicated!
I'm going to Portugal. Spain will have to wait until it/islands go green👍

I'll confirm when I get home but as I read it with alpha, if you just ordered just the day 2 tests it would be delivered as you return home however with the 'Fit to fly' & day 2 package they will both come together. So yes I intended to take them with us, to be honest that's only because of the proximity of the lab to Liverpool Airport. We return midnight Thursday, so was concerned that posting the test close to the weekend could be an issue. To be honest I'll be home by then, so as long as I do the test (hopefully negative) and submit, I'll live with it being late.

We have already been sent our reference numbers for the PLF 👍

I'm going to Portugal. Spain will have to wait until it/islands go green👍

I'll confirm when I get home but as I read it with alpha, if you just ordered just the day 2 tests it would be delivered as you return home however with the 'Fit to fly' & day 2 package they will both come together. So yes I intended to take them with us, to be honest that's only because of the proximity of the lab to Liverpool Airport. We return midnight Thursday, so was concerned that posting the test close to the weekend could be an issue. To be honest I'll be home by then, so as long as I do the test (hopefully negative) and submit, I'll live with it being late.

We have already been sent our reference numbers for the PLF 👍

Have a great trip 👍

Yes, I already have my reference number too. As long as I can get home I'm OK. I'm sure all of this is going to turn into a nightmare for the Test & Trace service.

fair play to you all having a go. Its too much of a pain in the arse for us, going to wait (and hope) Spain goes to green.
Yeah Im only considering going if it's green. Amber is not an option for us. Then it's a matter of pulling together the pesetas and justifying the additional spend.

After a bit of help please.
I’m going to Ibiza and Formentera for a couple of weeks hopefully departing 4th June. I understand I need to fill in the Spanish form and get the QR before departure from the UK, take a test within 72 hrs prior to coming back and book a 2 & 8 day tests for when I get home. What is the fit to fly cert and it it required? Is there anything else I will need ?

Fit to Fly is for countries that need you to provide a negative test before arrival. For Spain this does not apply.

You need to take a lateral flow or PCR test at the most 72 hours before you return - it could be less - say 24/48 hours.

I am flying on the 5th so in the same position. For day 2 and day 8 you do not need to take a test with you. All you need is to have booked it and enter the reference numbers on the return passenger locator form.

I am going to order my Day 2/8 tests while in Ibiza online. I expect Ibiza may go green on the 7th while we are out there in which case only one test is needed.

Rick

I am going to order my Day 2/8 tests while in Ibiza online. I expect Ibiza may go green on the 7th while we are out there in which case only one test is needed.

Rick

This is what I should have done, but I was getting stressed about the availability and prices of the tests.
Thought it would be one less thing to worry about if I sorted it out now - but it seems the home tests aren't sent out until you return anyway.

Glad MikeUK asked this question - I'd completely forgotten about the Spain Travel Health form prior to flying out.

RickRST
Thank you. Appreciate the reply and help.
Last time I looked st my Ryanair flight only 12 seats taken so god knows if it will fly.

Back