Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

I think it's ridiculous that Spain are not asking for at least a PCR if not vaccinated from UK visitors
If this new variant gets out of control, I'm sure they will ban us, never mind test us.

Meanwhile though, today's figures...deaths down, admissions down, cases slightly higher (not the gigantic jump you have in Bolton for example). calm before the storm, or vaccines kicking in?

If this new variant gets out of control, I'm sure they will ban us, never mind test us.

Meanwhile though, today's figures...deaths down, admissions down, cases slightly higher (not the gigantic jump you have in Bolton for example). calm before the storm, or vaccines kicking in?
That's better...even if cases jump up, as long as deaths and admissions stay down and stable that's the main thing

And they are vaccinating more in those areas so hopefully even better figures soon

Our July flight was cancelled this morning. Managed to rebook to a later date. No extra charge.

I had a car booked from way last year for £350 so that needs changed/rebooked. Current price = £1350. Some local options coming in at around half that for a smaller car which is still very heavy compared to usual. But certainly on the main supplier front, prices are crazy. Less stock currently on the island I guess so maybe if things open up there’ll be more available closer to summer and prices will drop.

Easyjet. Belfast. They usually have a Wednesday and a Saturday flight from now throughout the summer and seem to have canned the Wednesday flights until late July. They currently only have one leaving in May and one in June.

Last edited:

This was returning from France but imagine it will be the same no matter where you’re travelling from :mad:🤢

UK govt wants people to stay home and spend money here to boost the economy. It's that simple. They've been signalling it for months. Plus vaccines won't stop variant transmission so travelling abroad is just going to accelerate any 3rd wave as more & more people mix widely. Fed up with UK but if the weather turns good again I'm happy enough to make the best of it. Wasn't long ago I could do a short midweek trip to Ibiza for £450 all-in !!

UK govt wants people to stay home and spend money here to boost the economy. It's that simple. They've been signalling it for months. Plus vaccines won't stop variant transmission so travelling abroad is just going to accelerate any 3rd wave as more & more people mix widely. Fed up with UK but if the weather turns good again I'm happy enough to make the best of it. Wasn't long ago I could do a short midweek trip to Ibiza for £450 all-in !!
Well this tactic will definitely work:lol:

My head is spinning with all of this.

I’m supposed to be flying to Ibiza on June 11th for 2 weeks (booked last August). Thankfully I’m now double vaccinated.

Obviously it’s fantastic news that the PCR test is no longer required for entry to Spain - the logistics of getting the test done and not getting the results back in time was a nightmare scenario for me.

But now it’s the return nightmare.

So I can get a pre-departure test in Ibiza (hopefully for less than 75 euros), or apparently take a pre-bought lateral flow test with me and get the result confirmation by online video call. God knows why you can’t use a free NHS test for this.

Then if I understand correctly on the return Passenger Locator form you have to enter the reference number of the PCR tests you bought (prior to your departure) for your quarantine Day 2 and 8 tests.

For some reason these two tests cost more than the price of two outgoing PCR tests - why is that? They’re surely identical PCR swab tests?

Also worryingly, some of the companies providing the tests at slightly cheaper prices are now out of stock, so I don’t want to leave it till the last minute to buy these.

But then what if the rules change? If Spain becomes a Green country then I wouldn’t need the day 8 test I’d have already bought. And god forbid it moves into the Red list if the Indian variant (or other) escalates.

I really want and NEED this holiday, but is this constant stress worth it? I was lucky and got fully refunded for my two cancelled trips last year, but if I cancel this one myself I think my money’s down the drain.

Had my second jab yesterday, had a bad night, shivering at times (got a hot water bottle) and at others boiling! Good news though that it shows the defences are agitated, and don't feel so bad now!

Tomorrow, it ain't the Balearics but Brighton will have to do, no tests, no forms!

BTW I have read that the Isle of Man will be "open" soon, presumably the Channel Islands too - not sure whether that's with all the tests we need for Europe, or if they simply let you in and out. So not booking Jersey until sure. Nearly 1/3 of the way to Ibiza....

Had my second jab yesterday, had a bad night, shivering at times (got a hot water bottle) and at others boiling! Good news though that it shows the defences are agitated, and don't feel so bad now!

BTW I have read that the Isle of Man will be "open" soon, presumably the Channel Islands too - not sure whether that's with all the tests we need for Europe, or if they simply let you in and out. So not booking Jersey until sure. Nearly 1/3 of the way to Ibiza....

2nd was so much better for me - minor night shivers then a couple of days later "menopausal hot flushes" in the evening but all very minor and fatigue noticeable but nowhere near as bad as the 1st one. Was even out mowing the grass etc. the next day which was a yay moment lol !!

AFAIK 14 days after 2nd jab you can enter Jersey without isolating while you wait for a PCR result but Jet2 have just delayed their flights from the North of England there until July so guessing Indian variant spread might change all this - only takes one case of community transmission of the Indian variant in Jersey doesn't it !! The fact they've shown transmission risk after 1 jab is much higher than with the Kent one and significantly more even after 2 doesn't make me hopeful of much of an easing up of testing requirements - but time will tell !! Anyway, you can still enter Ibiza with no test right now, just a small mortgage in tests to come home :lol:

Quick update on the Isle of Man, their tourism office says that around
June 21 no tests will be required, just travel as normal. Hoping that will be a success and soon Europe will follow, the IoM was really keen to keep people out.

Even if Spain is amber, if their islands are really low in cases, they should really be opened up quickly like the IoM even if the mainland isn't.

On Friday we, in Bolton, were advised not to travel in ir out of the town. However, noone told us, and its news today. Noone knew, not the mp's, authorities, press, nothing! And its only advisory, so I will be ignoring it.

On a wider scale, is this what to expect this summer, people travelling to green country then when there find they can't travel back because their town is in lockdown and its mandatory?

Were all being killed by stress, not covid. This is now beyond pathetic.

Back