Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

On Friday we, in Bolton, were advised not to travel in ir out of the town. However, noone told us, and its news today. Noone knew, not the mp's, authorities, press, nothing! And its only advisory, so I will be ignoring it.

On a wider scale, is this what to expect this summer, people travelling to green country then when there find they can't travel back because their town is in lockdown and its mandatory?

Were all being killed by stress, not covid. This is now beyond pathetic.
I know it sucks😒😒 hang in there hopefully will be out of this mess soon and the vaccines will kick in

Roll on mid summer

I know it sucks😒😒 hang in there hopefully will be out of this mess soon and the vaccines will kick in

Roll on mid summer

have you been told when you're getting done? Am hoping the next couple of weeks. Really annoying as I wanted to get out of town but I don't think they give a lot of notice.

have you been told when you're getting done? Am hoping the next couple of weeks. Really annoying as I wanted to get out of town but I don't think they give a lot of notice.
It is bloody annoying I really want mine too

Apparently Madrid are doing my age group 40 - 49 I think mid June, they will contact by phone for an appointment, I hope that I get the full vaccine by end of August

France now can book appointments for any age group Apparently

It is bloody annoying I really want mine too

Apparently Madrid are doing my age group 40 - 49 I think mid June, they will contact by phone for an appointment, I hope that I get the full vaccine by end of August

France now can book appointments for any age group Apparently

yeah, think it's the same everywhere. heading down there later and will try and find out more

balearics to vaccinate 40+s in june. yay!

Yay looks like it's that way for the rest of spain too....Madrid and Bcn also confirmed June for our age group

On Friday we, in Bolton, were advised not to travel in ir out of the town. However, noone told us, and its news today. Noone knew, not the mp's, authorities, press, nothing! And its only advisory, so I will be ignoring it.

On a wider scale, is this what to expect this summer, people travelling to green country then when there find they can't travel back because their town is in lockdown and its mandatory?

Were all being killed by stress, not covid. This is now beyond pathetic.
same here in North Tyneside apparently. I didn’t have a clue

Finally 👍 :cool::cool: Hopefully you'll have at least protection from first dose working by the time things really pick up in July !!

Potentially good News for Ibiza regarding UK green status, from the Guardian. No article yet but here's the text
"

UK government could allow travel to islands for amber-list countries​

The UK government has pledged to allow British travellers to go to island destinations even if the country is on the amber list.

Robert Courts, the aviation minister, told MPs on Tuesday the government would take this approach “where possible” as it prepares to add more countries to the quarantine-free green list when it is reviewed on 7 June.

The move could see popular holiday destinations like the Canary, Balearic and Greek islands rated green, even if Spain and Greece remain on the amber list, and could also give a green light to quarantine-free travel to various islands in the Caribbean.

Foreign Office advice currently states that the Greek islands of Rhodes, Kos, Zakynthos, Corfu and Crete, and the Canary Islands are safe for non-essential travel - unlike mainland Spain and Greece.

“The government will take an island approach for border measures where possible,” said Courts when asked whether routes to relatively low-risk regions of nations would be reopened, as they were last summer.

It is understood ministers have also asked the Joint Biosecurity Centre to provide a separate analysis of islands when it presents its data to determine green list destinations.

Spain, Greece, Italy and Croatia have opened to British travellers, but the countries remain on the amber list requiring 10-day quarantine on return."

Potentially good News for Ibiza regarding UK green status, from the Guardian. No article yet but here's the text
"

UK government could allow travel to islands for amber-list countries​

The UK government has pledged to allow British travellers to go to island destinations even if the country is on the amber list.

Robert Courts, the aviation minister, told MPs on Tuesday the government would take this approach “where possible” as it prepares to add more countries to the quarantine-free green list when it is reviewed on 7 June.

The move could see popular holiday destinations like the Canary, Balearic and Greek islands rated green, even if Spain and Greece remain on the amber list, and could also give a green light to quarantine-free travel to various islands in the Caribbean.

Foreign Office advice currently states that the Greek islands of Rhodes, Kos, Zakynthos, Corfu and Crete, and the Canary Islands are safe for non-essential travel - unlike mainland Spain and Greece.

“The government will take an island approach for border measures where possible,” said Courts when asked whether routes to relatively low-risk regions of nations would be reopened, as they were last summer.

It is understood ministers have also asked the Joint Biosecurity Centre to provide a separate analysis of islands when it presents its data to determine green list destinations.

Spain, Greece, Italy and Croatia have opened to British travellers, but the countries remain on the amber list requiring 10-day quarantine on return."

Here is an article to back it up.

I’ve already ordered my Day 2 and 8 Test Package even though I’m not due to return from Ibiza until June 25th.

I’m sure by then Ibiza will be on the Green list but I can’t risk waiting until June 7th for the official confirmation (I fly out on the 11th).

If I don’t need to use my 8 day test, it’s a small price to pay if I don’t have to quarantine.

I bought my home test kit from Eurofins for £98.90 - the cheapest I could find. All the test suppliers seem to go out of stock constantly so I wouldn’t hesitate to buy if you can get a decent price. I think the availability situation will just get worse in the weeks to come.

Back