G20 Summit

again you distort what I wrote...

Time and time again I play stuff which people have never heard before because they didn't know it existed. And why? because mainstream radio ie what people put on at work and which is very influential tends to shut out the weird and wonderful in pursuit of cheap ratings.. In his heart, Pete Tong KNOWS that he plays 95% crap on Friday nights and it is that lack of sincerity that I find so grating.

Obv, people can listen to what they like - that's not my point. My objection is when decent gigs can't find bars to get their music heard because kuntstain bar managers want 3 haircut electro cheeze instead

sounds as bitter as a glass of lemonade. poor Olly's not getting the adulation that he sooo obviously craves for for being so forward thinking. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

maybe pete plays what he plays cos he's got a mortgage to pay for. whats the point having principles about what you and play if you end up playing to an empty venue or with no one listening :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

where did I say there was anything wrong in having aspirations???

some pretty shameless misrepresentation of what I said there

my objection is to fat cat tory types and their capitalist mates in the city routinely 5hitting on the international working class and then misleading people into thinking everything is ok. When it obviously isn't and we are nearly bankrupt as a consequence. Is it SO idealistic to want a more humane planet? Or are you so cynical you no longer give a 5hit...

obviously... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My main opinion about these demos is that they'll achieve nothing. It's 2009 and these prawns think they're going to change the world by getting a few thousand bodies on the street to attack a few chain stores and offices.

And the police operation is going to cost £7 million quid. Paid for by the people.

Inequality's a right bugger for those at the bottom, but someone's going to need to think a fair bit smarter to change that.

mortgage?

he's a multimillionaire superstar DJ you clown :rolleyes::lol:

is he really? wow i really didnt know that! just cos he's stinking rich, doesnt mean he pays cash for everything does it now.

yes but a considerably richer and more successful DJ than you will ever be ;)

is he really? wow i really didnt know that! just cos he's stinking rich, doesnt mean he pays cash for everything does it now.

Say something useful please. :rolleyes:

you utter utter tory turbo

I'm not competing with him or anyone. I don't aspire to be some bigshot millionaire and I certainly have no intention of joining the ranks of washed up 90s DJ dinosaurs. Perhaps you do?

My main opinion about these demos is that they'll achieve nothing. It's 2009 and these prawns think they're going to change the world by getting a few thousand bodies on the street to attack a few chain stores and offices.

And the police operation is going to cost £7 million quid. Paid for by the people.

Inequality's a right bugger for those at the bottom, but someone's going to need to think a fair bit smarter to change that.
Word

you utter utter tory turbo

I'm not competing with him or anyone. I don't aspire to be some bigshot millionaire and I certainly have no intention of joining the ranks of washed up 90s DJ dinosaurs. Perhaps you do?

yup got it spot on! ;)

I can't see that anyone in this thread disagrees with that...but I still understand people's frustrations of the current totalitarian model.

Let's not forget we don't live in a true capitalist society at the mo. It's f**ked and none of the quantititive easing money is reaching the people so it's getting more and more chaotic. Banks are being bailed out and bonuses are being paid. Meanwhile consumer spending is slowing. It's madness. But you knew all that.

The government can't be trusted and are ruining your precious capitalist gig you're enjoying so much.

Something to get cross about perhaps?

Enjoying this thread and all the debate. These are interesting times...

Re the protests, can't help feeling these are completely pointless (and very costly for the UK taxpayers, already subsidising the banks and others :)) and needlessly destructive. There are, no doubt, more effective ways to challenge "capitalism".

There are issues that arise from capitalism which are crystallising nicely right now, but overall it appears to be the most effective (or maybe "least ineffective" is a more appropriate description ??!!) system us humans have conceived. The flaws are manifestations of our own flaws I guess. The UK does seem to have bought very heavily into the "gotta have it all" mentality, the media seem to have alot to answer for there. Where I live it seems a little less of a problem.

I have benefited from capitalism directly in so many ways, not least as it allowed my parents to go from nothing, literally, when they left home, to a very comfortable life and the ability to pay for me and my siblings to go to top universities abroad.

I can't see that anyone in this thread disagrees with that...but I still understand people's frustrations of the current totalitarian model.

Let's not forget we don't live in a true capitalist society at the mo. It's f**ked and none of the quantititive easing money is reaching the people so it's getting more and more chaotic. Banks are being bailed out and bonuses are being paid. Meanwhile consumer spending is slowing. It's madness. But you knew all that.

The government can't be trusted and are ruining your precious capitalist gig you're enjoying so much.

yup. i get very cross about it, but has anyone offered a viable alternative to chucking money left right and centre?

The biggest problem is the lack of confidence in the govt. you've got brown & co telling us one thing, Mervyn King telling us another, independent organisations telling us another, and it gets to the point where you think bollocks to all this im going to spend a bit less than i was.

like you said, ****loads has been pumped into the economy, but from what ive read most of it has been spent buying up and underwriting debts that these banks have got. somethings blocked.

we need an economic colonic.

The UK does seem to have bought very heavily into the "gotta have it all" mentality, the media seem to have alot to answer for there. Where I live it seems a little less of a problem.

must have this, must have that. ive been there done that and it has bought me nothing but credit card bills the size of a small mortagage and boxes of **** which inevitably end up in the bin. my own fault entirely mind. :spank::lol:

then you should make a stand, maybe relinquish your next 5 salaries??

This has nothing to do with my salary.

It has everything to do with the circulation of money in the economy. If the pretend monopoly money (which is all virtual because it's debt) doesn't circulate then the system collapses.

The government have seen to it that it won't circulate because it has thrown more money at the very people that got us in this mess. If I threw more money (my salaries) at them the same thing would happen, it would reach a bank and stay there.

This has nothing to do with my salary.

It has everything to do with the circulation of money in the economy. If the pretend monopoly money (which is all virtual because it's debt) doesn't circulate then the system collapses.

The government have seen to it that it won't circulate because it has thrown more money at the very people that got us in this mess. If I threw more money (my salaries) at them the same thing would happen, it would reach a bank and stay there.

throw it at me then, I;ll circulate it for you

Back