Football Merry Go Round

Joey Barton:

"The first day's the toughest, no doubt about it. They march you in, hand you your uniform and force you to pose for the photographer while loads of fat, tattooed, skinheads shout abuse at you. That´s when you know it's for real. A whole life blown away in the blink of an eye. Nothing left but all the time in the world to think about it. That's when it hits home. That's when you realise you've signed for Newcastle."

arshavin next eh chew.............your hairy bottom!!

well ive not achieved your level of metrosexualness just yet!

If it is him and that other russian pavementchenko, we need our front line to gel ASAP.

starting on friday night with a game against the "mighty" Celtic.

well ive not achieved your level of metrosexualness just yet!

If it is him and that other russian pavementchenko, we need our front line to gel ASAP.

starting on friday night with a game against the "mighty" Celtic.
Pavluchenko is quality. England-killer! :lol:

My friend around here who watch more Russian football than I insist he's a better all-around buy than Arshavin, who'll give you one good game out of 10.

And your chairmans wife to prison, sentenced to three years today for fraud. Then Thaskin will be next. :lol:

they're all bought on the never never anyway, so by the time she gets out they'll be paid up!!

and if thaksin goes down it's no great shakes, im sure the thai government have great intentions but everyone has a price!!

why do you think there have never been any bombs in dubai??

because al quaeda are on the payroll that's why!!

Pavluchenko is quality. England-killer! :lol:

My friend around here who watch more Russian football than I insist he's a better all-around buy than Arshavin, who'll give you one good game out of 10.

so the 4 on the bounce he gave in the euros were a fluke??:p

so the 4 on the bounce he gave in the euros were a fluke??:p
Not to mention his stellar UEFA Cup performances!

But I'm told in the domestic league he was rarely as good. Again, it's just heresay.

Not necessarily a bad thing if he's someone who just turns up for the big matches. Although he looked ineffective in the Euro semis (could have been Spanish tactics or fatigue)

Dunno wha Spurs are doing here, selling Robbie Keane and replacing him with a striker not nearly as good.:confused:

Bentley rolls into Spurs

http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php
davidbentleyblackburncelebrates.jpg

31/07/2008 - 07:20:24
Tottenham Hotspur have completed the signing of England winger David Bentley from Blackburn Rovers and will now turn their attentions to bolstering their attack with Andrei Arshavin.

Bentley, 23, completed his medical on Wednesday night before the deal, worth £15m to Rovers, was sealed.

It is understood he has agreed a deal which could run for up to six years.

It looks set to be a productive few days after Arshavin’s agent, Dennis Lachter, claimed a deal should be concluded for the Russian playmaker “in the next five days”.

Spurs have called a press conference for Thursday morning to unveil Bentley before he travels to Holland to meet his new team-mates and play in the Feyenoord Jubileum Tournament in Rotterdam this weekend.

Rivals Arsenal, Bentley’s former club, stand to receive a percentage of the deal as part of the terms of his transfer to Ewood Park in 2006 after an initial loan spell.

The winger made just nine appearances under Arsene Wenger but will join Sol Campbell as the only high-profile players to feature for Arsenal and Spurs in the modern era.

Bentley has a spiky relationship with fans for his outspoken honesty, and the first derby against Arsenal this season will be on October 29 at the Emirates Stadium.

Spurs head coach Juande Ramos has plenty of options in midfield, with Aaron Lennon already in Bentley’s position, but he is still short on firepower following Robbie Keane’s departure to Liverpool and Dimitar Berbatov is also tipped to leave.

Russia forward Arshavin has been subject of interest from Spurs and Zenit St Petersburg have invited them to make a bid upwards of £20m.

According to Arshavin’s agent, personal terms have been agreed and a deal could be struck by the weekend if the two clubs can agree a fee.

Lachter, Arshavin’s representative, told Sky Sports News: “I am very optimistic about this deal but it is not easy – as usual with Russian clubs.

“The next few days will see if he can confirm this move to Spurs.

“Andrei likes the way Juande Ramos is going to play at Tottenham and this is the main point of our decision – not only the money but the desire of the manager to have the player.”

Of his hopes for when the deal might be completed, Lachter added: “I hope in the next five days, maximum.”

Arshavin, who caught the eye at Euro 2008, told Sport Express in Russia: “I have already taken a final decision. It only remains to finalise it with the club management.”

Bentley is the latest of the radical changes at Spurs this summer, with Heurelho Gomes replacing Paul Robinson as first-choice goalkeeper.

Luka Modric will be the focal point of the midfield after arriving from Dinamo Zagreb, while Giovani dos Santos has been bought from Barcelona and can play as alongside the Croatia international or as a support striker.

Dos Santos will take the number 17 which was occupied last season by Kevin-Prince Boateng, who has struggled to make an impact since arriving from Hertha Berlin.

Pascal Chimbonda, Teemu Tainio, Steed Malbranque, Younes Kaboul and Anthony Gardner have all been allowed to leave, and Spurs will listen to offers for Paul Stalteri, Young-Pyo Lee, Ricardo Rocha and Hossam Ghaly.

Meanwhile, midfielder Jermaine Jenas and centre-back Michael Dawson have signed one-year contract extensions, keeping them at White Hart Lane until 2013.

Dunno wha Spurs are doing here, selling Robbie Keane and replacing him with a striker not nearly as good.:confused:

Bentley rolls into Spurs

davidbentleyblackburncelebrates.jpg

31/07/2008 - 07:20:24
Tottenham Hotspur have completed the signing of England winger David Bentley from Blackburn Rovers and will now turn their attentions to bolstering their attack with Andrei Arshavin.

Bentley, 23, completed his medical on Wednesday night before the deal, worth £15m to Rovers, was sealed.

It is understood he has agreed a deal which could run for up to six years.

It looks set to be a productive few days after Arshavin’s agent, Dennis Lachter, claimed a deal should be concluded for the Russian playmaker “in the next five days”.

Spurs have called a press conference for Thursday morning to unveil Bentley before he travels to Holland to meet his new team-mates and play in the Feyenoord Jubileum Tournament in Rotterdam this weekend.

Rivals Arsenal, Bentley’s former club, stand to receive a percentage of the deal as part of the terms of his transfer to Ewood Park in 2006 after an initial loan spell.

The winger made just nine appearances under Arsene Wenger but will join Sol Campbell as the only high-profile players to feature for Arsenal and Spurs in the modern era.

Bentley has a spiky relationship with fans for his outspoken honesty, and the first derby against Arsenal this season will be on October 29 at the Emirates Stadium.

Spurs head coach Juande Ramos has plenty of options in midfield, with Aaron Lennon already in Bentley’s position, but he is still short on firepower following Robbie Keane’s departure to Liverpool and Dimitar Berbatov is also tipped to leave.

Russia forward Arshavin has been subject of interest from Spurs and Zenit St Petersburg have invited them to make a bid upwards of £20m.

According to Arshavin’s agent, personal terms have been agreed and a deal could be struck by the weekend if the two clubs can agree a fee.

Lachter, Arshavin’s representative, told Sky Sports News: “I am very optimistic about this deal but it is not easy – as usual with Russian clubs.

“The next few days will see if he can confirm this move to Spurs.

“Andrei likes the way Juande Ramos is going to play at Tottenham and this is the main point of our decision – not only the money but the desire of the manager to have the player.”

Of his hopes for when the deal might be completed, Lachter added: “I hope in the next five days, maximum.”

Arshavin, who caught the eye at Euro 2008, told Sport Express in Russia: “I have already taken a final decision. It only remains to finalise it with the club management.”

Bentley is the latest of the radical changes at Spurs this summer, with Heurelho Gomes replacing Paul Robinson as first-choice goalkeeper.

Luka Modric will be the focal point of the midfield after arriving from Dinamo Zagreb, while Giovani dos Santos has been bought from Barcelona and can play as alongside the Croatia international or as a support striker.

Dos Santos will take the number 17 which was occupied last season by Kevin-Prince Boateng, who has struggled to make an impact since arriving from Hertha Berlin.

Pascal Chimbonda, Teemu Tainio, Steed Malbranque, Younes Kaboul and Anthony Gardner have all been allowed to leave, and Spurs will listen to offers for Paul Stalteri, Young-Pyo Lee, Ricardo Rocha and Hossam Ghaly.

Meanwhile, midfielder Jermaine Jenas and centre-back Michael Dawson have signed one-year contract extensions, keeping them at White Hart Lane until 2013.

phew thanks the lord for that - i dont have access to sites other than spotlight, so its important to get the full article.

phew thanks the lord for that - i dont have access to sites other than spotlight, so its important to get the full article.

well aren't you the lucky one my scouse friend, of course everyone who posts from work has full and unlimited access to every website don't they.

For your information "agentundercover" in a previous job i could not access any websites like BBC,etc,etc but could get on here so you may want to perhaps think
before you come in with a silly comment.

And another thing this arshavin guy will be a one season wonder why have i never heard of him before the new karol poborsky mark my words.

Back