Football Merry Go Round

Man City have are apparently about to offer Ronaldinhio £200,000 a week! :eek:

I'm not sure if he is worth that now tho as apparantly hes gone right down hill this season

big sam the big failure. great move...

He did well with Bolton, Blackburn will be working on a similar basis and I also don't think he was given enough time at Newcastle. That's not to say the style of football is anything I'd pay to watch.

i bet city fans are loving this.. ex united player and all. there goes that fair play record, too.

Couldn't care less who he's played for - Matt Busby played for City.

I'm warming to Hughes although I was slightly shocked when I first heard the rumour last week. The players seem keen on him and I certainly don't think he'd allow us to lose 8-1 to Boro.

As for Ronaldinho, whilst I do think he's past his best, as long as it doesn't eat up too much into the transfer kitty, then why not. The shirt sales alone will probably help cover his wages. Certainly would be interesting to see (although I have already seen him at CoMS - when City beat Barca in the Thomas Cook Trophy a few seasons ago! :lol:)

Couldn't care less who he's played for - Matt Busby played for City.

I'm warming to Hughes although I was slightly shocked when I first heard the rumour last week. The players seem keen on him and I certainly don't think he'd allow us to lose 8-1 to Boro.

As for Ronaldinho, whilst I do think he's past his best, as long as it doesn't eat up too much into the transfer kitty, then why not. The shirt sales alone will probably help cover his wages. Certainly would be interesting to see (although I have already seen him at CoMS - when City beat Barca in the Thomas Cook Trophy a few seasons ago! :lol:)

Do most city fans think the same as you Clara or are there some who don't like the idea of a Man United legend as their manager?

Notice there are a few United fans who are not overly happy with the idea.

Do most city fans think the same as you Clara or are there some who don't like the idea of a Man United legend as their manager?

Notice there are a few United fans who are not overly happy with the idea.

On a City message board I frequent, the vast majority are behind Hughes and those who aren't feel so because of his lack of top honours and dealing with a large transfer budget (which was my initial concern).

Only an idiot would refuse him purely down to who he's played for, especially as it was so many years ago. Anyway, we had Schmeichel at the club and whilst he was only there for a relatively short period, was absolutely amazing. I certainly never thought I'd be cheering for him!

I actually don't think he's past his best. He just needs motivation and a manager who can control him. I think spending £25M or £30M could turn out to be a good deal.

I actually don't think he's past his best. He just needs motivation and a manager who can control him. I think spending £25M or £30M could turn out to be a good deal.

might help if they can keep hold of the decent players they have at the moment. namely david dunne.

good luck to hughes. a much better job for him than the chelsea one.

He likes his clubbing though. I predict that in a few month's time, he'll be sat on the floor of the Warehouse Project, asking everyone around if they're having a good night.

I assume you mean Richard Dunne.

Shinawatra's said that Richards isn't for sale and hopefully Michael Johnson and Joe Hart stay put too.

thats the one. :lol:

you aint got that bad a side. just need a bit more quality in depth, and a decent forward.

good UEFA Cup run beckons.

He likes his clubbing though. I predict that in a few month's time, he'll be sat on the floor of the Warehouse Project, asking everyone around if they're having a good night.

or sat with Rooney chain smoking saying "im f*cking caked"

doesnt bother me who he's played for. He's a winner. And as Clara quite rightly pointed out Matt Busby went the other way and he didnt do too bad did he?

"Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has completed the signing of French striker David Ngog from Paris St Germain.
The highly-rated 19-year-old has penned a four-year contract at Anfield for an undisclosed fee and he is Liverpool's fourth signing of the summer. "

Looks a good prospect for the future, esp at 1.5 mill. Now all we need is a decent and proven winger (Barry) and striker (Keane) and we might get nearer to that 1st PL crown !!!

Hey guess what?? we got him :D

Re robbie keane.....can you name his previous clubs?

No googling!!

wolves, coventry, inter milan, leeds and spurs??? World's most expensive teenager wasn't he at one stage? Or at least had one of the highest amount of total transfers.

yes mate

I only asked because we were talking about it in the office yesterday.......for some reason i thought he had a spell at leciester too.

Back