Football Merry Go Round

He must've earnt a packet with all his transfers and signing on fees and now talk of £20 million to go Liverpool! Football has gone mad!! Again!!

£20m for a striker who hopefully has peaked.

Moving to Liverpool will turn him into the new Paul Stewart. :lol:

i can see it now.

Benitez "we need another striker, lets spend £20m one on, even though ill probably end up playing one up front for most of the season".

Yeah I don't think there is too much more to come from him.

Great player but you won't win premiership with Robbie Keane.

If there are going to spend that sort of dough go for Villa or Eto

Yeah I don't think there is too much more to come from him.

Great player but you won't win premiership with Robbie Keane.

If there are going to spend that sort of dough go for Villa or Eto

Apparently (according to a good source) we were going to go for Villa, for around the 20mill mark. Valencia were up sh1t creak then. Then he became Euro 08 top scorer and Valencia got new investment. So, they now want around 35mill or are happy to keep him.

So now we're going for Keane. Which i don't think is a bad buy, esp as second striker to the AMAZING Torres, but not for 20mill. :spank:

Reckon around £18 mill and should be done next 24 hours. Outrageous price. Don't think Spurs should've let Defoe go now especially as went quite cheap too. Old Ramos must have something up his sleeve.

Andy Johnson going Fulham for £12 m. El Hadj Diouf off to Sunderland.

Must admit to not being a real 'fan' of Robbie Keane but he could turn out to be one of those players that does well with great players around him.

I mean he's never really played in a 'top quality' side, closest would be when Leeds were looking good before their big slump I guess.

If he gels with Gerrard & Torres then it will be some attack.

Reckon Voronin must be looking for another club though....:confused:

Must admit to not being a real 'fan' of Robbie Keane but he could turn out to be one of those players that does well with great players around him.

I mean he's never really played in a 'top quality' side, closest would be when Leeds were looking good before their big slump I guess.

If he gels with Gerrard & Torres then it will be some attack.

Reckon Voronin must be looking for another club though....:confused:

Think your spot on there. Playing as a second striker to Torres and with Gerrard in his preffered role, if the three gel, then it could be amazing.

Off to see them play tomorow :lol: Hopefully get to see Keane and torres get a run out !!

Think your spot on there. Playing as a second striker to Torres and with Gerrard in his preffered role, if the three gel, then it could be amazing.

Off to see them play tomorow :lol: Hopefully get to see Keane and torres get a run out !!

with benitez' history of playing players out of position, it'll never happen. dont be surprised if u see Keano our wide right.

Apparently Spurs and Rovers have started discussion about Bentley moving.

Can't see Liverpool winning the premier league still. You have to look at the Robbie Keane and say would Chelsea or Man U sign him and the answer is no. Great player Keane and will be a good signing but it is a hell of a lot of dough. Need to ship out rubbish like Pennant! Average player but certainly not champions league material!

looks like we will be getting ben haim!!

which further fuels rumours coming out of Carrington that Hughes wants to play Micah Richards in midfield?

Apparently Spurs and Rovers have started discussion about Bentley moving.

Can't see Liverpool winning the premier league still. You have to look at the Robbie Keane and say would Chelsea or Man U sign him and the answer is no. Great player Keane and will be a good signing but it is a hell of a lot of dough. Need to ship out rubbish like Pennant! Average player but certainly not champions league material!

Agree that the price looks high but Rafa has bought an experienced player or two before and got the best out of him when it looked like he was past his best....

Remember Gary McAllister?

Back