Football Merry Go Round

Agree that the price looks high but Rafa has bought an experienced player or two before and got the best out of him when it looked like he was past his best....

Remember Gary McAllister?

No doubting Keane's ability and his workrate is amazing but that price would you not have prefered Villa or Eto to joing up with Torres?

Also did Liverpool win the premiership with Gary Mac?? That is what it is all about for Liverpool this season.

basically he will improve the first team and allow gerrard to fcuk off back into midfield where he belongs.

every successful team needs (unts and robbie keane is a (unt of the highest order.

we have lacked (unts in the last few seasons, mascherano is also a class 1 (unt on a pitch, so it's good to have another up top to add to our (untness.

i reckon the great sides need to have at least 3 (unts in your side. for 10 years the mancs of united have had what are technically known as double (unts, people like gary neville, hence their success over the last decade or so.

bring on the new season!!

basically he will improve the first team and allow gerrard to fcuk off back into midfield where he belongs.

every successful team needs (unts and robbie keane is a (unt of the highest order.

we have lacked (unts in the last few seasons, mascherano is also a class 1 (unt on a pitch, so it's good to have another up top to add to our (untness.

i reckon the great sides need to have at least 3 (unts in your side. for 10 years the mancs of united have had what are technically known as double (unts, people like gary neville, hence their success over the last decade or so.

bring on the new season!!

err correction re no of (unts Grego.......man u always have 11 on the field, 7 on the bench 60'000 in the ground and a few hundred thousand watching on telly across hampshire, sussex & surrey!!!

No doubting Keane's ability and his workrate is amazing but that price would you not have prefered Villa or Eto to joing up with Torres?

Also did Liverpool win the premiership with Gary Mac?? That is what it is all about for Liverpool this season.

Yep, would have preferred Villa etc. but perhaps the price was too high....

Maybe there's enough still left to get Barry, although I'm not sure he's a true left back/left winger and with Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard I don't know where he would slot in as he seems to prefer a more central role....

We did win a few things with Gary Mac though.... ;)

Maybe there's enough still left to get Barry, although I'm not sure he's a true left back/left winger and with Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard I don't know where he would slot in as he seems to prefer a more central role....

Think you should give up on Barry. Outrageously over priced! Far better player in Alonso.

Villa or Et'oo arent proven premiereship players (just like Torees a year ago) and are out and out strikers. Keane is more of a second striker that will probably sit just of torres.

Gary Mac did help us with the treble !! :lol:

The thought of Torres and Keane upfront with Masch in a holding role, allowing Gerrard to roam, is making me almost wet meself :p

err correction re no of (unts Grego.......man u always have 11 on the field, 7 on the bench 60'000 in the ground and a few hundred thousand watching on telly across hampshire, sussex & surrey!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think Alonso will play better this season (if we dont get Barry), there's more competition and knowing we were/are close to replacing him i think he'll pull his socks up. On his day he is one of the best passers in Europe.

media reports seem to be mirroring hughes' wish list

Striker - Santa Cruz
Keeper - Niemi
Midfielder - Benayoun

media reports seem to be mirroring hughes' wish list

Striker - Santa Cruz
Keeper - Niemi
Midfielder - Benayoun

Really dont want Benayoun to go, not quite yet anyway. He did well for his first season, considering how little he played.

He'd be a good signing for you guys, as would Santa Cruz. How do you think sparky will do ? And is there any resentment about his playing past amongst fans ?

Really dont want Benayoun to go, not quite yet anyway. He did well for his first season, considering how little he played.

He'd be a good signing for you guys, as would Santa Cruz. How do you think sparky

will do ? And is there any resentment about his playing past amongst fans ?

Im quietly confident that he will do ok JUST GIVE HIM TIME!!
One thing that he has addressed already, or is addressing, is the way that last season we got found out and were a little lightweight, he seems committed to adding a bit of grit, which I think is demonstrated by the sigining of ben haim and the possible repositioning of richards in the middle.

as for his past, thats what it is his past. Matt Busby had a long carreer at city, playing well over 500 games, so it's not an issue!!

Im quietly confident that he will do ok JUST GIVE HIM TIME!!
One thing that he has addressed already, or is addressing, is the way that last season we got found out and were a little lightweight, he seems committed to adding a bit of grit, which I think is demonstrated by the sigining of ben haim and the possible repositioning of richards in the middle.

as for his past, thats what it is his past. Matt Busby had a long carreer at city, playing well over 500 games, so it's not an issue!!

Like you said, he needs time, Rome wasnt built in a day. I just hope Thaskin is more patient this time.

No that there isnt such a large gap between 4th and the almost rans, with the right players (and time) Europe should be feasible regularly, and CL a hope for the future.

Yossi is a quality player with a great brain and vision. Not the quickest and strongest but makes up for that. I know Ham are trying to lure him back but can't see him coming back.

Yossi is a quality player with a great brain and vision. Not the quickest and strongest but makes up for that. I know Ham are trying to lure him back but can't see him coming back.

when you have a quick brain you dont need all the pace in the world!!

Ali Benarbia!!! ;)

Back