Football Merry Go Round

Charlton fans seem resigned to the fact we are now a Championship club & Alan Pardew can't see us finishing above 7th place. Despite this, we still had 22,000ish for the game against Swansea and 14,500 season ticket renewals. Pards doesn't seem to be getting on with the Board and is a prime candidate to get tinned. I'll still go a few times this season... beers/banter being the driving factor.

Manager Mark Hughes is set to quit as the Manchester City crisis threatens to spiral out of control. (The Sun)

:lol: blimey City in Turmoil already

you just couldn't write it could you?? :rolleyes:

Typical City (i get sick of saying that). The priority now it to hang on to hughes no matter what. I for one would like the prem league to step in and get shinawatra to stand down...however Im unsure of the ramifications if they did.

Charlton fans seem resigned to the fact we are now a Championship club & Alan Pardew can't see us finishing above 7th place. Despite this, we still had 22,000ish for the game against Swansea and 14,500 season ticket renewals. Pards doesn't seem to be getting on with the Board and is a prime candidate to get tinned. I'll still go a few times this season... beers/banter being the driving factor.

the omens are good.....after all you beat welling this year!! ;)

Not being funny, but we all knew about ****awata since he tried to buy LFC a few years ago, he's been dodgy for a while. I thought the FA had a 'decent owner' :confused: test or summit like that ??

And also, havent you felt uncomfortable with him since the way he treated Sven ?

Shame really as i like MCFC :spank:

you just couldn't write it could you?? :rolleyes:

Typical City (i get sick of saying that). The priority now it to hang on to hughes no matter what. I for one would like the prem league to step in and get shinawatra to stand down...however Im unsure of the ramifications if they did.

*cough* LUTON TOWN *cough*

I think this is gonna run & run!! the club are insisting that it's business as usual but thats clearly not the case!

And yes at the time I wasn;t happy with shinawatras treatment of sven, but..............the comparison of the second half of the season to the first was quite alarming, the wheels fell off in spectacular fashion.........but saying that, sven did make some quality purchases, ok Bianchi & Giovanni didnt quite work out and the jury is still out on caceido & Benjani but Bojinov, Corluka, Garrido, Elano, Petrov & Gelson have all proven to be quality acquisitions.................who will probaly be elsewhere come xmas!!! :spank:

I for one would like the prem league to step in and get shinawatra to stand down...however Im unsure of the ramifications if they did.
Stand down from what? He owns the club! It's his property.

I think there are all kinds of pitfalls with this supposed "fit and proper persons" test concept. English law is built on respect for property (**fondly recalls his Locke books from uni ** :lol:)

If the league tell him he MUST sell, no one in his right mind will offer Shinawatra full value for the club. Who will compensate him for the difference?

Stand down from what? He owns the club! It's his property.

If the league tell him he MUST sell, no one in his right mind will offer Shinawatra full value for the club. Who will compensate him for the difference?

Some American/russian billionaire :lol:

Seriously though, you know John, the fans have the final say. If there was a tribunal or hearing into his dealings, and it doesnt come out in his favour, the city fans wont put up with anymore of his carp. And he'll be forced out, simple as.

Some American/russian billionaire :lol:

Seriously though, you know John, the fans have the final say. If there was a tribunal or hearing into his dealings, and it doesnt come out in his favour, the city fans wont put up with anymore of his carp. And he'll be forced out, simple as.

Probably true, but I'm saying this:
Let's say the club is worth $100 million, but because the Premier League has forced him to sell, all those American and Russian billionaires offer a max of $75 million. Is the league opening itself up to a claim for $25m in compensation?

(replace dollar signs with pounds, of course... I just don't have them on my keyboard :lol:)

Probably true, but I'm saying this:
Let's say the club is worth $100 million, but because the Premier League has forced him to sell, all those American and Russian billionaires offer a max of $75 million. Is the league opening itself up to a claim for $25m in compensation?

(replace dollar signs with pounds, of course... I just don't have them on my keyboard :lol:)

Would the PL be liable for the loss in his business dealings ? I would imagine so if they force him to go :confused:

you were probably correct with the dollar signs :lol:

In the papers (on a different tack) Rooney being ill was decribed by Joe Lovejoy as his
'mystery virus' - with the insinuation very much that all is not as it seems - does he have cat aids?

Oh right. We're talking Man City, yah? Maybe change the "million" to "thousand" too :lol:

ha ****ing ha!!!!!

johnny if it wasnt for your bent billions you would also be squalering in mid table anonimity, you are in the position you are in because of one mans wealth and not because of your teams history, or tradition or greatness!! lest you forget!!!

ha ****ing ha!!!!!

johnny if it wasnt for your bent billions you would also be squalering in mid table anonimity, you are in the position you are in because of one mans wealth and not because of your teams history, or tradition or greatness!! lest you forget!!!

Was just pulling your leg there, mate. ;)

Nevertheless, I will say I've always laughed at this English football supporters' concept of "history". Chelsea have 103 years of history (about 75yrs of it in top flight)... just much of it not very good! :lol:

History: the continuum of events occurring in succession leading from the past to the present

Liverpool and United have what I would call a "record of achievement". But I suppose that phrase is a little long for some ;)

In the papers (on a different tack) Rooney being ill was decribed by Joe Lovejoy as his
'mystery virus' - with the insinuation very much that all is not as it seems - does he have cat aids?

:lol: think their insinuating monkey aids, they say he was poisoned in S africa, maybe he was missing Coleen :lol:

no no no Mr Morb!

Liverpool have a history. So indeed do united.

Chelsea have a past.

Lats face it most PL (and alot of other lower league teams ) teams have some sort of history. It's just that ours (lfc especially) and uniteds are the most succesful 8)

Was just pulling your leg there, mate. ;)

Nevertheless, I will say I've always laughed at this English football supporters' concept of "history". Chelsea have 103 years of history (about 75yrs of it in top flight)... just much of it not very good! :lol:

do Americans say "mate"? you've been coming on here too much!!

no worries mate ;) i am a tad sensitive at the moment with all things city :evil:

History: the continuum of events occurring in succession leading from the past to the present

Liverpool and United have what I would call a "record of achievement". But I suppose that phrase is a little long for some ;)

I have a more concise dictionary

the past = things that happened before now

history = things of note that happened before now

anyway...:lol:

Back