European Festivals

First time at Awakenings in 2 & a half years last night. Reminded how few throw a better party than them. None of the DJS I saw were at their very best. As it was a bit of an awkward timetable but even still they smashed it given the circumstances. Very strong night. 8/10. Feels so good to be back at parties like this again.

Were you at the festival, or at Gashouder?

Day splits for Glitch, can’t wait for this. Love Malta

Made a week of it

Attachments

• 8B5E9088-81D8-45F9-B902-F21E99A4D0A2.jpeg
    8B5E9088-81D8-45F9-B902-F21E99A4D0A2.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 28
Gashouder, but I should have stayed for the whole weekend really.

Will definitely say, Awakenings festival was great!

Awakenings: Definitely felt like they skimped on the production on a couple of the stages, and they were all covered unlike the summer one (for the best if it rained... but we had glorious sunshine!)

Are any of you going to the Awakenings Summer Festival?
I've been going to the festival for a long time, but I'm a bit unsure now that it's bigger and in a new place.
Most of the festivals only get worse with changes, that's been my experience so far.

I've been going to the festival for a long time, but I'm a bit unsure now that it's bigger and in a new place.
Most of the festivals only get worse with changes, that's been my experience so far.
I decided to choose Awakenings over Monegros.

You should consider to dub that big commercial techno happenings and look for the anti-commercial festival Fusion tickets instead... will change your view on festivals in general... 60.000 ppl. / 5 days / non-stop-music / secret artists / an experience you won't find somewhere else...

You should consider to dub that big commercial techno happenings and look for the anti-commercial festival Fusion tickets instead... will change your view on festivals in general... 60.000 ppl. / 5 days / non-stop-music / secret artists / an experience you won't find somewhere else...
I know what you mean, and I also know the Fusion Festival. But the Awakenings Festival is almost a tradition for me, and the quality of the festival has always been great.
Apart from the commercial reason, I don't know why I should visit the Fusion Festival rather than the Awakenings Festival.

Gashouder Easter Friday - incredible
Awakenings Easter Festival Sunday - not as good as the summer one, I echo the comment regarding covered tents

I know what you mean, and I also know the Fusion Festival. But the Awakenings Festival is almost a tradition for me, and the quality of the festival has always been great.
Apart from the commercial reason, I don't know why I should visit the Fusion Festival rather than the Awakenings Festival.
Apart from the commercial reason, you have 5 days, 24h music, artistic shows, FKK and non FKK bathing, best drink prices anywhere, no restrictions on own Drinks... but other than that it just has the better crow, spirit and energy. 😀😀😀
But of course Awakenings is a great Festival as well. Specially if someone looks for Headliners.

Apart from the commercial reason, you have 5 days, 24h music, artistic shows, FKK and non FKK bathing, best drink prices anywhere, no restrictions on own Drinks... but other than that it just has the better crow, spirit and energy. 😀😀😀
But of course Awakenings is a great Festival as well. Specially if someone looks for Headliners.
I'm too old for five days. A long time ago, I used to party for 4 days without a break at nature one, but those days are over. 😆
You're right about the crow, but I visit the festivals primarily because of the DJs and their music.
Of course everything has to be right, but so far it always has been at Awakenings.

What happened to Defected London ? Ticket sales or venue issues ? I think they were using the new Brunswick Live venue ‘The Beams’ right ?

I was hoping to go, but don't fancy the camping and the closest place to stay is 10 miles away at present

I was hoping to go, but don't fancy the camping and the closest place to stay is 10 miles away at present
Distance is not what you should look at imho.
The Awakenings Summer festival takes place in an area called Beekse Bergen, Hilvarenbeek. There will be lots of shuttle buses going back & forth to a train station in TIlburg. Now everything in Tilburg is sold out...there's not a single hotel room left. However, a train from Tilburg to Breda or Eindhoven is still doable even around 1AM and 2 AM. Those train rides will take like 20-30 minutes. In both Breda and Eindhoven you could still find a decent spot.

My 2 cents: the shuttle busses and then a train to Breda or Eindhoven is the best option if you dont wanna camp. It's actually a better idea than finding a place nearby (like the bnb's i've seen 10-20 miles from the event site) because I think taxi's to those places will be a pain.

Back