European Festivals

Went to Awakenings Summerfestival last weekend. Turned out to be not my cup of tea.
I liked Adam Beyer and even Reinier Zonneveld at the end of the night, but hard techno at almost every stage from early on in the afternoon...nah. This new terrain is huge, from one stage to the other could easily take 15-20 mins.
Luckily they had a mini gashouder (must say the stages they build are incredible) with house dj's like Stussy and Enzo Sirogosa where I had some fun for most of the day.

Next up: Loveland 13 aug.

I'm really having no luck with Transport at the moment. Meant to be at Field Day in 2 weeks time but there's now Train strike on the Saturday...so decided to go the night before and flexibly booked a hotel for the Friday night but now there's an Underground and possibly a Bus strike so not easy to get about London.

Can see people just not booking stuff with all this faff at the moment. In two minds wether to just sell my ticket but I've not seen the Chemical Brothers or Kraftwerk before 🤔
Had the same problem with Up On The Roof Balearic Beat in Brixton. Train strike made it so much hassle to get up and back we decided to stay home.

I'm really having no luck with Transport at the moment. Meant to be at Field Day in 2 weeks time but there's now Train strike on the Saturday...so decided to go the night before and flexibly booked a hotel for the Friday night but now there's an Underground and possibly a Bus strike so not easy to get about London.

Can see people just not booking stuff with all this faff at the moment. In two minds wether to just sell my ticket but I've not seen the Chemical Brothers or Kraftwerk before 🤔
Field Day is always a good one... You'll get there on the Saturday if you're close to town somewhere as the tube strike is only on the Friday!

Is anyone going to Glitch fest in Malta this weekend? Can’t wait for it the line up is saucayyyy

You didn't realise Awakenings was a techno festival?!
Oh off course....however i'm not sure if you can still call Awakenings a purely techno festival.
This year the line up had: Archie Hamilton, Chris Stussy, Toman, Patrick Topping, Eats Evertything, Enzo Siragusa, Loco Dice and more..
I should have described it better...I was expecting a bit more build up and variety at some stages. Cool that they are adding more styles though.

I think Derrick Carter was an unfortunate anomaly. Everybody else is raving about it. I'm pleased. They deserve it

What was DLC saying? Didn't see anything? Some friends went and had an incredible time.

*Edit* ok just seen...hopefully an exception as this festival deserves a good run as you all are saying above.

Last edited:
Loveland saturday was very good.
Patrice Baumel good, but I think the heatwave was the reason for him to play a very dreamy not high energy set and you could really see the audience was too tired of the heat to dance.
Dixon was really good, so diverse and bringing the energy up. Agents of Time live came right after him...ugh...went straight to Paco Osuna who was playing a decent house set. Jaimie Jones b2b Loco Dice was good, but the heat got the best of me and went home early.

On Sunday I think I experienced one of the best parties of my life, if not the best.
Keinemusik at Woodstock Bloemendaal Beach with Adam Port, &ME and Rampa all day/evening long. We got in early and danced quite close to the booth and then noticed these guys were just planning to vibe with the audience around them, no vips or wristbands...so we ended up in the dj booth with them, sharing tequila and food and having fun. The vibe was insane, every track with a build up to make the crowd go crazy. Seeing this from the booth with view on the sunset on the beach and the crowd going insane...can't describe it, once in a lifetime.

Back