European Festivals

Are you now no longer a "Lover of Elrow"?
I would like to know also :D

I still love the party and had amazing times with the people behind it. Line up wise it's not always that great, but the decor and the vibe has always been amazing. I will give an honest answer to the question though.

Elrow Barcelona in their former homebase Viladecans is truly amazing and it's a shame they can't open there anymore. I truly miss that specific place and the afterparties in the city centre. Also, the two Elrow Island editions in Croatia (on an actual dedicated island instead of the forthcoming 2024 edition in Malta) are among the best weekends of my life. But I feel the brand has it's issues with overselling (especially in Amnesia) and recurring incidents with peppergas - phone theft gangs at their bigger festivals. Last year I started to diversify a bit more but still did Elrow Town in the Netherlands, Elrow Off Sonar and Amnesia twice. Especially in Amnesia I left kinda dissapointed, it's just undoable to dance and have fun there nowadays.

They skipped last years ADE. The yearly Rotterdam edition has disappeared and now Elrow Town has been cancelled too. I'm just a bit dissapointed I guess that there's no edition close to home this year while we always had 4 or 5 editions in NL previously. I'll still probably end up at one or two editions this year, perhaps trying one of the Ushuaia editions but yeah for various reasons I'm falling a bit out of love you could say ;). Or the short answer could be that I'm getting old :p

Last edited:
I know Sunwaves has always had a slightly ‘dodgy’ rep but this year seems to be getting a lot of negative publicity around a lot of undercover police, punters being grabbed for strip searches randomly, police searches when leaving the festival and anyone caught also having their accommodation ransacked by authorities to try and trump up trafficking charges !

I still love the party and had amazing times with the people behind it. Line up wise it's not always that great, but the decor and the vibe has always been amazing. I will give an honest answer to the question though.

Elrow Barcelona in their former homebase Viladecans is truly amazing and it's a shame they can't open there anymore. I truly miss that specific place and the afterparties in the city centre. Also, the two Elrow Island editions in Croatia (on an actual dedicated island instead of the forthcoming 2024 edition in Malta) are among the best weekends of my life. But I feel the brand has it's issues with overselling (especially in Amnesia) and recurring incidents with peppergas - phone theft gangs at their bigger festivals. Last year I started to diversify a bit more but still did Elrow Town in the Netherlands, Elrow Off Sonar and Amnesia twice. Especially in Amnesia I left kinda dissapointed, it's just undoable to dance and have fun there nowadays.

They skipped last years ADE. The yearly Rotterdam edition has disappeared and now Elrow Town has been cancelled too. I'm just a bit dissapointed I guess that there's no edition close to home this year while we always had 4 or 5 editions in NL previously. I'll still probably end up at one or two editions this year, perhaps trying one of the Ushuaia editions but yeah for various reasons I'm falling a bit out of love you could say ;). Or the short answer could be that I'm getting old :p

Weirdly enough actually passed through Viladecans yesterday on the train (no ravers or inflatables in sight). Am sure it's an age/taste thing, but in 8 years I've never heard anyone in BCN mention El Row. Feels like one of those parties that quickly became an international brand but not the sort of thing local veteran ravers would have anything to do with. I think there is still a sentimental attachment to Sonar which is what put Barcelona on the map but El Row is almost just a franchise now. I do admire your honesty and commitment to the cause though!

Weirdly enough actually passed through Viladecans yesterday on the train (no ravers or inflatables in sight). Am sure it's an age/taste thing, but in 8 years I've never heard anyone in BCN mention El Row. Feels like one of those parties that quickly became an international brand but not the sort of thing local veteran ravers would have anything to do with. I think there is still a sentimental attachment to Sonar which is what put Barcelona on the map but El Row is almost just a franchise now. I do admire your honesty and commitment to the cause though!
:)

On other European Festivals... MUSIC ON Amsterdam last weekend, I wasn't there this year but it sold out two full days and the saturday afterparty was sold out too. Amazing succes for the brand and the partner Loveland. 2025 editions announced already.

:)

On other European Festivals... MUSIC ON Amsterdam last weekend, I wasn't there this year but it sold out two full days and the saturday afterparty was sold out too. Amazing succes for the brand and the partner Loveland. 2025 editions announced already.
I went to this (second year in a row), was wicked. Hardly any queues getting into the festival early and had good acts on at different times, so nobody really clashed for who I wanted to see. A ticket being 85 euros for 2 days is really cheap too, especially in England some are around that + more just for one day. The club the afters is at is good as well, was there last time and they had another good split of people on each day, which again wasn't all that expensive either. Thought there was a good crowd this year too, as oppose to last year.

I went to this (second year in a row), was wicked. Hardly any queues getting into the festival early and had good acts on at different times, so nobody really clashed for who I wanted to see. A ticket being 85 euros for 2 days is really cheap too, especially in England some are around that + more just for one day. The club the afters is at is good as well, was there last time and they had another good split of people on each day, which again wasn't all that expensive either. Thought there was a good crowd this year too, as oppose to last year.
Thanks for the quick review, appreciate it! It was the audience last year that put me off a bit...but will possibily give it another try next year. The line ups are amazing every year and the host partner, Loveland, is alwasy top notch.
I do think the afterparty is a bit misleading...it's quite the drive from Amsterdam but I guess most visitors dont mind since it's all buses that go back & forth anyway.

Thanks for the quick review, appreciate it! It was the audience last year that put me off a bit...but will possibily give it another try next year. The line ups are amazing every year and the host partner, Loveland, is alwasy top notch.
I do think the afterparty is a bit misleading...it's quite the drive from Amsterdam but I guess most visitors dont mind since it's all buses that go back & forth anyway.
Tbf, I stayed in a decent location and was only like 15 mins from the festival and the afters (felt like that anyway), so I didn't actually mind the drive. We only did the Saturday afters but did notice this year they had a second room going, didn't venture in there myself but does spread it out abit between the rooms. Agree about Loveland, they always put on some good parties during ADE when I have been as well, they had a few of their posters up around the festival as they have some more coming up.

441459490_1010953277085731_3206985883104097782_n.jpg

Back