European Festivals

Awakenings set times out. Some ridiculous clashes.

Either way I cannot fooking wait for it. Been about a decade since I last went.

Last edited:
Slowly recovering from Music On Festival in Amsterdam. Went on sunday.
The festival site was the same as Loveland a week earlier, smart move by the organisation but they improved the decoration and lights.
At least 50% of the visitors were British, exceptional for a festival in Amsterdam.
Was most impressed by the music, an all star line up and they all delivered.
Dutch household names such as Joey Daniel and Franky Rizardo played solid sets. Then Richy Ahmed and Vintage Culture were a bit less interesting to me but Jamie Jones was really good. After 30 mins of Marco Carola I chose to go to Seth Troxler closing the second stage and man that was a good choice. He was so in control of the crowd and made it all look so easy.

Skipping Awakenings next weekend. Next up for me end of this month is Solid Grooves festival in Amsterdam.

Slowly recovering from Music On Festival in Amsterdam. Went on sunday.
The festival site was the same as Loveland a week earlier, smart move by the organisation but they improved the decoration and lights.
At least 50% of the visitors were British, exceptional for a festival in Amsterdam.
Was most impressed by the music, an all star line up and they all delivered.
Dutch household names such as Joey Daniel and Franky Rizardo played solid sets. Then Richy Ahmed and Vintage Culture were a bit less interesting to me but Jamie Jones was really good. After 30 mins of Marco Carola I chose to go to Seth Troxler closing the second stage and man that was a good choice. He was so in control of the crowd and made it all look so easy.

Skipping Awakenings next weekend. Next up for me end of this month is Solid Grooves festival in Amsterdam.
How was the security?

Someone stabbed to death at Solid Grooves in Netherlands. Absolute rats carrying knives 🙄

Was there, didn't see it but can't stop thinking about it. Really sad this happened. Off course in the first place for the relatives of the victim(s) but also because this hurts the scene. Imho the event was organised just like any other event by this promoter in the past (they do Strafwerk, Elrow and other events in the Netherlands). Quite some security, normal patting down. The location was new though and I think it a tough one to secure the surroundings as a whole. At this point rumors point out the offenders came in by climbing over fences and they were stealing stuff from other visitors but we'll have to wait and see what the police finds out.

I was not on the outdoor mainstage when it happened, just moved indoors and decided to leave shortly after. Right after I left ambulances and police started appearing on site so figured something was terribly wrong. I see some quotes of visitors in the media that the atmosphere was already grim all night and I must say I did not really notice that outdoors (where it happened). Indoors the vibe felt a bit off, but not agressive per se. All in all a disastrous night, a young dude losing his life at what is supposed to be a safe place where you can have fun and enjoy music.

Last edited:
Went to 909 festival yesterday. Sunday always seems the better choice when it comes to 2day festivals.
Sven Vath was amazing, funky but firm techno in the sun. Masters at Work at the house stage was nice, but a bit too disco to really get into it if you just came from Sven. Enrico Sangiuliano was good. When Charlotte de Witte took over from him it seemed like literally everyone moved to the MainStage to see her but I wasn't impressed. The set sounded all over the place and when she started playing the hard/fast techno kids like nowadays we left for home. But a great day nevertheless.

Dream valley/we are fstvl dying on its arse currently. Dixon playing to less than 12 people at "circoloco" stage. Glitterbox stage dead yesterday. Massive discontent between punters and artists alike. Hopefully this is the final nail in the coffin for those chancers

Dream valley/we are fstvl dying on its arse currently. Dixon playing to less than 12 people at "circoloco" stage. Glitterbox stage dead yesterday. Massive discontent between punters and artists alike. Hopefully this is the final nail in the coffin for those chancers
Not sure what time the video I saw was, but virtually empty. The reporter filming it appeared to be trying to a puff piece, but it looked shocking

I have no idea how those events are shifting any tickets

You do have to question why someone like Dixon is accepting 1H15M sets at a festival with a bad rep as well
just maximising his income while he's in the UK for the bank hol i expect. I'm assuming he was also at Lost Village (and Creamfields North?)

would be good to see artists start taking a stand, but to be honest, to them it's mostly just a gig (£££)

would be good to see artists start taking a stand, but to be honest, to them it's mostly just a gig (£££)
that said, i personally know of one artist who did take a stand and refused to play, waiving their fee despite travelling (admittedly they live in London, but hardly small change and probably turned down booking elsewhere to play We Are)

Oh I get it - I just thought at some level there could have been some standards
The biggest conman in the 2000s in London constantly had big name, well-known DJ playing for him, them paid upfront, whilst knowing he was knocking everyone else, left right and centre.

The biggest conman in the 2000s in London constantly had big name, well-known DJ playing for him, them paid upfront, whilst knowing he was knocking everyone else, left right and centre.
Same modus operandi for Gatecrasher I believe

Back