European Festivals

Man, 909 was one of my favourite festivals ever! Perfect organisation, no dull minute, music on point on every floor with some of my favourite DJs in the world. Actually chose 909 because of its techno-focus. Was my first Dutch festival and I loved it. That crowd was so up for it, friendly and fun. Very "in the know". On Saturday the crowd was mainly between 30 and 60 years, no exaggeration! And suddenly on Saturday the young came out and the average age was probably 30. That arena stage is so intense. Highly recommended festival.

Only pain in the ass was the shuttle bus dropping you off actually even further outside of the city than the festival site. On a deserted station Sloterdijk at midnight, where it was hard to get away from, when you have a hotel in the city (as a visitor). A shuttle service should actually go to the city center. But from what I understood the bus normally goes somewhere else?

Man, 909 was one of my favourite festivals ever! Perfect organisation, no dull minute, music on point on every floor with some of my favourite DJs in the world. Actually chose 909 because of its techno-focus. Was my first Dutch festival and I loved it. That crowd was so up for it, friendly and fun. Very "in the know". On Saturday the crowd was mainly between 30 and 60 years, no exaggeration! And suddenly on Saturday the young came out and the average age was probably 30. That arena stage is so intense. Highly recommended festival.

Only pain in the ass was the shuttle bus dropping you off actually even further outside of the city than the festival site. On a deserted station Sloterdijk at midnight, where it was hard to get away from, when you have a hotel in the city (as a visitor). A shuttle service should actually go to the city center. But from what I understood the bus normally goes somewhere else?
Happy to read you had such a good time.
Hats off to Loveland for organizing such a good festival despite the heavy rain in the week before. As for the shuttlebuses, yeah previous years they were more near city centre but lately all shuttlebuses for all festivals in and around Amsterdam have been going from Sloterdijk. You can catch a train from Sloterdijk to Amsterdam-Central untill quite late in the night I think. So a general tip for everyone coming to Loveland, 909, Mystic Garden, ADE.....book a hotel near Sloterdijk. It's cheaper than the city centre and more easy with shuttle buses, ubers and trains.

Happy to read you had such a good time.
Hats off to Loveland for organizing such a good festival despite the heavy rain in the week before. As for the shuttlebuses, yeah previous years they were more near city centre but lately all shuttlebuses for all festivals in and around Amsterdam have been going from Sloterdijk. You can catch a train from Sloterdijk to Amsterdam-Central untill quite late in the night I think. So a general tip for everyone coming to Loveland, 909, Mystic Garden, ADE.....book a hotel near Sloterdijk. It's cheaper than the city centre and more easy with shuttle buses, ubers and trains.
Yes, we had a fantastic weekend, thank you for your tipps beforehand. We'll be going next summer again, either Loveland or 909 again : )

That's one of the best things about Loveland the crowd is so mixed and all age groups...25 plus

I see Clockwork Orange are calling time on their festival "Clockstock" . They have acknowledged it's a challenging time for festivals and cited that as the reason.
Having been involved in much smaller festival type events long in the past I know how stressful it can be too, often putting a strain on relationships.

Sloterdijk like many stops on the way to Central Dam are so desolate. Proper industrial. They feel like something out of an 80s sci fi movie.

Anyone going to or been to isle of summer festival in Munich? Over for the football on the 14th of June and thinking of getting a ticket to it the day after.

I see Clockwork Orange are calling time on their festival "Clockstock" . They have acknowledged it's a challenging time for festivals and cited that as the reason.
Having been involved in much smaller festival type events long in the past I know how stressful it can be too, often putting a strain on relationships.
I saw this, and personally not a great loss , Liked the first one but whilst it got bigger it lost it's way for me.

Look at the state of this - half an hour sets. I don’t think I would bother going if I had a ticket.

Attachments

• IMG_1485.png
    IMG_1485.png
    177.8 KB · Views: 57
Not really a festival...but these people have been queuing since 10pm last night...I've just checked, it's captial radio summer festival (guetta playing). God knows what it'll be like when swift fronts

Attachments

• B4AC63D9-0091-4023-8045-FA69064A6688.jpeg
    B4AC63D9-0091-4023-8045-FA69064A6688.jpeg
    552.1 KB · Views: 32
448685517_1032728381574887_7401366730961845153_n.jpg

Anyone heard of/been to Fury Hard Techno festival in Barcelona? This is right up my street been watching some videos online looks great love it banging like that.

Futher example that the public are switching off from high price gigs. 30 Seconds To Mars have never been huge in the UK so maybe booking the O2 was ambitious but that is a really empty gig!

Back