European Festivals

And it's all sold out already :confused: ... guess everyone is trying hard to make up for the lost year
Getting tickets for just about anything is a disaster at this moment.
Got really lucky with Solomun tickets last week, lots of people missed out. And today I've spent hours F5'ing to get tickets for Thuishaven (it's a festival location in Amsterdam and on the 3rd of July it will start the season with a day and night party). At this point I don't know if I have tickets even though I paid for them twice. Keep getting an error screen after payment and no one knows if I have the tickets or not.
At the same time I saw loads of people complaining about the Awakenings queue. I think every ADE event is gonna be sold out in secs.

Edit: All 7 Awakenings ADE events sold out.

Last edited:
Getting tickets for just about anything is a disaster at this moment.

It sounds like Paylogic was completely overwhelmed with the volume of ticket purchases today, as lots of people had problems getting Awakenings purchases to go through. I wouldn't be surprised if those problems spilled over today to other events also being sold through Paylogic.nl.

🤞 that ticket sales for DockYard won't be quite as tough, though their post on Facebook says they've already pre-registered more guests for this year's event than ever before.

It seems likely that Tomorrowland isn't happening this summer after all, unless they can get relief from the government of the country; reported in a number of places including this article from Variety:

Tomorrowland 2021 Canceled By Belgian Officials
“We have just been informed that the mayors of Boom and Rumst will announce a ban on Tomorrowland 2021,” event organizers said in a statement. “That hits like a sledgehammer, very hard and unexpected.”

Tomorrowland organizers said they will appeal the local decision to the Belgian national government.

ElrowTown Amsterdam was announced yesterday.
25th of September.

That should hopefully mean a lot of covered places and tents because that time of the year is not really great festival weather here.

Wonder why they cancelled Timewarp. Wasn’t that supposed to happen way out in October?
Yep. But so far no signs of having a 10.000+ indoor event allowed in Germany by that time. A event of that size needs at least 2-3month for setup, bookings and so on.. I guess it was just not worth the risk.

Yep. But so far no signs of having a 10.000+ indoor event allowed in Germany by that time. A event of that size needs at least 2-3month for setup, bookings and so on.. I guess it was just not worth the risk.
It’s sad some parts of Europe are not doing more to help nightlife. Would be surprised if they don’t kick the can in April as well.

Amazingly, ASOT 1000 (A State of Trance) said today that they have been given the OK to go ahead with their (rescheduled) festival plans over 3-4 September. This will be an indoor event for about 30,000 people in a very large convention center in Utrecht, Netherlands.

At the moment there's no word on any Covid-related restrictions, though that's probably because official restrictions are still rather fluid in the NL.

Amazingly, ASOT 1000 (A State of Trance) said today that they have been given the OK to go ahead with their (rescheduled) festival plans over 3-4 September. This will be an indoor event for about 30,000 people in a very large convention center in Utrecht, Netherlands.

At the moment there's no word on any Covid-related restrictions, though that's probably because official restrictions are still rather fluid in the NL.
Fluid?

It's pretty clear for events right now. All events from the 30th of June can go on in full capacity, but only if you have a negative test in the dutch CoronaCheck App or a vaccin proof. Both can generate a QR code that you need to show on entering the event. Indoor, outdoor, 5000 or 50.000 people, no masks, no distancing....as long as you can show the QR. So you need to go to testenvoortoegang.org on the day of the event or get a vaccin.

So Slam Tent has put dates out at last, just waiting on location details this week.. have booked both Glasgow & Edinbrough in hopes it's one of the southern cities and not some rural part of Scotland 😄

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210629-180000_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210629-180000_Chrome.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 8
216887369_4480140418685825_6076380608831726728_n.jpg

Back