European Festivals

previous years have been pretty divided so was easier to pick a day to suit your taste but next years both days are quiet tasty ..tough one which did you go for?
I went for saturday...wish TOU was there that set of them on you tube at junction 2 is incredible!

What day u going?

Will be.my first time, excited already and know what outfit I am wearing ha

I went for saturday...wish TOU was there that set of them on you tube at junction 2 is incredible!

What day u going?

Will be.my first time, excited already and know what outfit I am wearing ha
999999999 live no doubt playing in the Hex will be unbelievable do not miss it. am not off next year it lands on our anniversary which we always go away for.. gutted to say the least J2 probably my favourite day fest going nowadays aha hope you have a cracker

Absolutely gutted about Awakenings.

To be clear, this is NOT about Covid.
This is about local authorities not letting go of the power they had during Covid. Awakenings is very honest on their instagram page on why this is cancelled. Our national government has said events on the scale of Awakening can go ahead from July 1st with testing and The Netherlands will fully return to normal somewhere in august and probably before September 1st. So Awakenings on September 11/12 was expected to go ahead indeed.

But on the instagram page of Awakenings and on facebook you can see the image I posted here below.
It's the local authorities that are not willing to give the permit because of lack of police capacity?! There is hardly any police needed at festivals like this with lots of private security. Besides...there's nothing that big in the same region going on in the same weekend. We have had festivals in the same weekend for years.

Attachments

• IMG_3276.JPG
    IMG_3276.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 29

This is about local authorities not letting go of the power they had during Covid. Awakenings is very honest on their instagram page on why this is cancelled. Our national government has said events on the scale of Awakening can go ahead from July 1st with testing and The Netherlands will fully return to normal somewhere in august and probably before September 1st. So Awakenings on September 11/12 was expected to go ahead indeed.

But on the instagram page of Awakenings and on facebook you can see the image I posted here below.
It's the local authorities that are not willing to give the permit because of lack of police capacity?! There is hardly any police needed at festivals like this with lots of private security. Besides...there's nothing that big in the same region going on in the same weekend. We have had festivals in the same weekend for years.

We have booked for ASOT 1000 scheduled for Utrecht the week before - do you suspect this will be the case for that festival also?

If so, looks like we will be resorting to UK festivals this summer!

We have booked for ASOT 1000 scheduled for Utrecht the week before - do you suspect this will be the case for that festival also?

If so, looks like we will be resorting to UK festivals this summer!

No idea. This is a terrible scenario for Awakenings because...they thought they would fall under the insurance policy that the Dutch government provided but a clausule in that insurance was that a local permit has to be given.
Off course it's not a very smart thing to announce a date for a festival of this size without having that permit yet...

I have no idea what will happen now with other festivals, I guess ASOT the week before is lucky since it's in Utrecht.
Lots of events are in another area of The Netherlands that week...MysteryLand, Formula 1..
Will keep you posted here if I hear something.

Seems very strange indeed... wonder what the real reason is?

Seems very strange indeed... wonder what the real reason is?
The reason is real...it's in dutch main stream media today too including interviews with Rocco Veenboer, managing director of Awakenings.
The township or municipality of the area where Awakenings is held cannot grant a permit because of a lack of police capacity. It's in a region called the North of Holland where in a timeframe of 2 weeks, they have Formula 1, MysteryLand and some smaller festivals too.
Awakenings chose this date but now the local authorities cannot grant them the permit, even though our national government says festivals can go on from July 1st.

The reason is real...it's in dutch main stream media today too including interviews with Rocco Veenboer, managing director of Awakenings.
The township or municipality of the area where Awakenings is held cannot grant a permit because of a lack of police capacity. It's in a region called the North of Holland where in a timeframe of 2 weeks, they have Formula 1, MysteryLand and some smaller festivals too.
Awakenings chose this date but now the local authorities cannot grant them the permit, even though our national government says festivals can go on from July 1st.
After all the obstacles we’ve faced over the last two years you really would have thought they would have tried to find some way around this... very bizarre

Sonus fest cancelled. like the domino effect right now :oops: (new dates 21st to 26th August 2022)

Last time I was gutted about a festival was 2013 when Nature One restricted the camping area to ticket owners.

Some of my best memories look like this:

Last time I was gutted about a festival was 2013 when Nature One restricted the camping area to ticket owners.

Some of my best memories look like this:

Are they in the actual camping bit 😂😂😂😂

Imagine you've pitched up to them boys, sleep = zero 😅

Are they in the actual camping bit 😂😂😂😂

Imagine you've pitched up to them boys, sleep = zero 😅

Those first fellas were actually our neighbors that year. Looking at the guy in the sofa video was shot Sunday morning.

Festival is only 2 nights but camping site going strong Wednesday till Monday ✊

I've done my share indeed. Eat, sleep, rave, repeat without the eating and the sleeping.

Last edited:
Back