European Festivals

Need these tests events to go perfectly in the next few weeks that's for sure. Smaller the festival, more chance of it happening I reckon...

Need these tests events to go perfectly in the next few weeks that's for sure. Smaller the festival, more chance of it happening I reckon...
I agree with that.
For Germany, some great smaller ones plan to go ahead with COHVID measurements...
https://wurzelfestival-allevents2021.reservix.de/events -> multiple 1000-3000 ppl dates
https://pyonen.de/ -> Nation of Godwana split to two weekends this year
https://www.facebook.com/rotedichte -> Already sold out. Tickets become available if they are allowed to have more...

First US festival happened this weekend called Ubbi Dubbi. Not sure how big but from vids it looks something like 5-10k people maybe.

They required vaccine or negative test. You were supposed to wear masks, but nobody really did and it wasn’t really enforced.

Loveland just announced a monster techno lineup for this summer...

Can any of our Dutch friends give an update on things over there at the moment? Any chance of this going ahead? I also have Awakenings tickets

The deposit ticket just says when we know if it goes ahead you can buy the second ticket, the first ticket is non-refundable if it goes ahead, and we'll refund it when we know if/when it isn't... Any idea when this might be? I remember something about the government insuring festivals like this but there must be a cut off point. I appreciate the answer could be "wait and see"

Can any of our Dutch friends give an update on things over there at the moment? Any chance of this going ahead? I also have Awakenings tickets

The deposit ticket just says when we know if it goes ahead you can buy the second ticket, the first ticket is non-refundable if it goes ahead, and we'll refund it when we know if/when it isn't... Any idea when this might be? I remember something about the government insuring festivals like this but there must be a cut off point. I appreciate the answer could be "wait and see"
The general feeling in The Netherlands is....that events in august have a high chance of going ahead.
But be aware there is a heavy debate about a test-based society requiring you to get a PCR test for just about anything that's not essential to your life. They are making those tests cheaper than the usual PCR test though, but I have no idea if that discount accounts for tourists too.
It could be that you can go without a test if you have a green EU vaccination passport but our government are nut jobs and are currently saying they are not sure if that is sufficient...

I got myself some tickets for events starting mid July because I think outdoor + testing will pave the way for a normal non-distance event.

If people are still looking for a nice festival to travel for..check out StrafWerk mid august, AmeIIAme, Stussy, Artbat, Anotr, Gerd Janson, Honey Dijon, Henrik Swarz, Kerri Chandler, Maceo Plex, Patrick Topping, Sam Paganini and more.

Thanks for the info. I am yet to be offered the vaccine but saw in another thread even with this we may have to get used to being tested. I've several events booked in the UK from July-October too, gone a bit mad with them to be honest 😂

Rotterdam Fest just announced for the 14th August.. on a normal year we would be all over it but just too risky with the Netherlands events at the min for us

Back