European Festivals

In 33 hours time clubs will be in full swing here in England 😁
Yeh I am going junction 2 tobacco dock in London in August,

I am glad it's in August and not later on the year because I tell you something if what is going on right now is something to go on, they will go backwards again in a few months

Yeh I am going junction 2 tobacco dock in London in August,

I am glad it's in August and not later on the year because I tell you something if what is going on right now is something to go on, they will go backwards again in a few months

Only if nhs is drastically overwhelmed and/or death rates go sky high again. With the vaccine roll out i highly doubt either

Houghton not happening again and a scathing assessment of "Freedom Day" in their announcement

More on the Exit front

More on the Exit front

That's good news!! No masks either

Yet they still blame festivals and clubbing for spreading of covid

Mmm not to be to sceptical but 0 positive tests, out of 200,000 visitors ? Really ? Seems to differ what was seen in Netherlands etc

Mmm not to be to sceptical but 0 positive tests, out of 200,000 visitors ? Really ? Seems to differ what was seen in Netherlands etc
Read the article first.

That Dutch festival seems to be more of an outlier than the norm. America has been having large events for awhile now and they just don’t have the impact people think they would.

Read the article first.

That Dutch festival seems to be more of an outlier than the norm. America has been having large events for awhile now and they just don’t have the impact people think they would.
How easy / many people are testing day to day in America? I speak to my US colleagues weekly and none of them have done or are doing COVID tests at all now they are double jabbed.

In general US positive tests are about 60% up over previous week, hospitalisations 35% over previous week. Look of impact of 60,000 at Wembley over last couple weeks and huge increase in those testing positive. So I do not believe 200,000 people in Serbia can mingle and have 0 cases.

Last edited:
How easy / many people are testing day to day in America? I speak to my US colleagues weekly and none of them have done or are doing COVID tests at all now they are double jabbed
Very easy to get tested. If people get sick they generally get tested. Although if symptoms are super mild, I imagine some may not get tested because they think it’s allergies or something. But that’s always been the case.

There are no testing or vaccine requirements for any events. Maybe that changes in the future in some areas as things increase, but doesn’t seem likely.

As for our number increase. A large % increase of a small number is still a small number. Nobody really cares if unvaccinated people are going to the hospital. We’re not even close to the levels we once had. We are in endemic mode now and are comfortable with the virus running through the population as long as hospitals don’t get overloaded, which is unlikely in most areas.

Link to Wembley causing an increase in cases? Haven’t seen that,

Last edited:
How easy / many people are testing day to day in America? I speak to my US colleagues weekly and none of them have done or are doing COVID tests at all now they are double jabbed.

In general US positive tests are about 60% up over previous week, hospitalisations 35% over previous week. Look of impact of 60,000 at Wembley over last couple weeks and huge increase in those testing positive. So I do not believe 200,000 people in Serbia can mingle and have 0 cases.
95% of cases in the US are from the unvaccinated. It's quickly become a plague of stupidity

So I know I've been a Covid-critic on this forum...but seriously interested to hear your take on those multiple day festivals in Croatia being planned right now.

In The Netherlands...the latest big news here is that it's the vaccinated people who entered a festival and infected negative tested non-vaccinated people. Now they are talking about getting people tested on the festival grounds every 24 hours.
I was seriously looking at Elrow Island (4 day on Obonjan island) before this news, but now it scares me (not Covid, but the measures)
What if The Netherlands is ahead of the rest of the world because they have opened up festivals earlier and this happens in Croatia at Defected, Amnesia and/or Elrow?

Scenario: everyone with a valid QR code enters the island or resort...could be vaccinated or negative tested (and I know false negative is also possible) and someone gets ill, tested positive...the Croatian government would surely put the whole island / resort on lockdown right? Why take the risk of letting large groups of possibly infected people back into the mainland?

Last edited:
So I know I've been a Covid-critic on this forum...but seriously interested to hear your take on those multiple day festivals in Croatia being planned right now.

In The Netherlands...the latest big news here is that it's the vaccinated people who entered a festival and infected negative tested non-vaccinated people. Now they are talking about getting people tested on the festival grounds every 24 hours.
I was seriously looking at Elrow Island (4 day on Obonjan island) before this news, but now it scares me (not Covid, but the measures)
What if The Netherlands is ahead of the rest of the world because they have opened up festivals earlier and this happens in Croatia at Defected, Amnesia and/or Elrow?

Scenario: everyone with a valid QR code enters the island or resort...could be vaccinated or negative tested (and I know false negative is also possible) and someone gets ill, tested positive...the Croatian government would surely put the whole island / resort on lockdown right? Why take the risk of letting large groups of possibly infected people back into the mainland?

Yeah I’m a bit weary of all the measures too.

I don’t fancy being locked down abroad.

I could maybe ride it out if it was just myself to worry about. But it would be hard work being banged up abroad in a hotel room with my daughters and missus bending my ears.

Obviously my employers wouldn’t be happy and I’d imagine they might find some way of taking disciplinary action against me for taking a risk.

It’s a difficult risk to calculate at the minute.

Yeah I’m a bit weary of all the measures too.

I don’t fancy being locked down abroad.

I could maybe ride it out if it was just myself to worry about. But it would be hard work being banged up abroad in a hotel room with my daughters and missus bending my ears.

Obviously my employers wouldn’t be happy and I’d imagine they might find some way of taking disciplinary action against me for taking a risk.

It’s a difficult risk to calculate at the minute.
Exactly this, I'm having trouble deciding not for me, but for the responsibilities I have outside travel/partying wishes.

Tbh....with the current full opening of nightlife and events in the UK combined with the news and experiences from The Netherlands and possibly loads of UK people travelling to Croatian festivals....feels like a disaster waiting to happen. Can't see myself locked up on and island or in an hotel either. The whole situation kinda sucks seeing all those festivals being announced. We have yet to see if they go through with it though.

Back