Dance Music: Where are things at?

guaranteed, none of the things i go to in ibiza will have the camera crews out… there’s easy ways of avoiding it all

if you don't want cameras, go to NUI, go to Malanga, go to Paradise Lost, go to Akasha, Lolas, the discreet stuff at pikes, that's where the real people go.

if you want to hang with the plastics go to huge venues with huge stages and air cannons and the martinez brothers or fisher price or whatever

if you don't want cameras, go to NUI, go to Malanga, go to Paradise Lost, go to Akasha, Lolas, the discreet stuff at pikes, that's where the real people go.

if you want to hang with the plastics go to huge venues with huge stages and air cannons and the martinez brothers or fisher price or whatever
Pikes and Paradise lost ive frequented a lot over last few years. Still need to get to Akasha at some point. I still like the big nights out but im a massive fan of small intimate venues.

I can deal with someone on their phone, its masses of nobheads that i cant tolerate these days

that's the nature of the beast alas.. if you choose to go to massive events, you will get a lot of dickheads

the same story with live music too. I will see a band at an intimate venue with 200 dedicated fans. I will not see the same band at a festie with 2000 tourists all talking throughout and making it about themselves.

that's the nature of the beast alas.. if you choose to go to massive events, you will get a lot of dickheads

the same story with live music too. I will see a band at an intimate venue with 200 dedicated fans. I will not see the same band at a festie with 2000 tourists all talking throughout and making it about themselves.
Ive gotten a lot more selective with the big nights i choose. You can make a good guess at the types that will be there pretty easily, plus my taste in music is always evolving which helps i think. The thought of attending Disco events 5+ years ago, iwouldve laughed at.

I don't think the dickhead quotient is necessarily reflective of the type of music and more about how the party is marketed. Word of mouth is always best. Unfortunately when Mr Superstar is known by EVERYONE then it is impossible to keep the crowd within the musical sphere, and that's when the egos and sex pests and bargers and laddish groups rock up. Then it is game over. The best party I ever went to in Ibiza was at Aura, where the committed turned up and no idiots. The best parties are reliable and trusted good times and don't need billboards.

I love trance music and what you have put is a big advantage that comes with Trance events. It’s not in the mainstream like it was 20 years ago, you tend to get an older crowd and the people who go to the events are there for the music and the right reasons.

It does feel like it’s slowly getting more attention with the younger generation. I’m really hoping it doesn’t become more popular / mainstream like it was 20 years ago as it will bring a totally different crowd and atmosphere.

Back