Dance Music: Where are things at?

At least in the old eastend minimal ravepits you would see wasted people crawling out of k-holes. The ‘tech bros’ with their manbags don’t even do that

We're not comparing apples with apples anymore though, are we? This stuff isn't anything to do with what we were into. Stock, Aitken and Waterman vs The Smiths or New Order. There's a vague relationship, but even on a tiny island, how much as Hi got to do with any of the smaller credible venues.

I get that we're old and not supposed to get it and I totally get that. But then again I saw more life in my great aunt dancing to 'country roads' at an Irish wedding than anyone in that video

I get that we're old and not supposed to get it and I totally get that. But then again I saw more life in my great aunt dancing to 'country roads' at an Irish wedding than anyone in that video
I just watched some it again and the crowd are literally kids. I was wearing flares to Camden Palace a year after everyone else stopped at that age...let them get on with it - half of them will grow into liking what we'd think is better.

Can't really understand how this blokes sells in Ibiza though?

Dj Jean already was a legend 16 years ago, as argued by the showboy himself in this epic interview. It's in sort of dutch but I think you'll get the point, in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... 🚀

Last edited:
So many people around Europe playing slow, dark techno now. Hard kickdrums and dark wailing, garbled lyrics, heavy basslines. Ok in moderation but after 8 hours it actually does your head in.

So many people around Europe playing slow, dark techno now. Hard kickdrums and dark wailing, garbled lyrics, heavy basslines. Ok in moderation but after 8 hours it actually does your head in.
Circle of life/techno. I remember all the fast hard stuff from 90s being replaced with the down tempo very boring minimal sound of the 00s. Then came back with some reimagined harder stuff again.

Would assume techno will go back underground again and disappear for a few years but unlike trance, it will return again.

There's so many different 'techno' scenes now which don't overlap that much. I just spent about 72 hours in France basically immersed in one continuous dark loop and thought I might go mad. The crowd were so nice though I just let it go

Back