Dance Music: Where are things at?

think i need more context to establish an opinion, but then again, I'm not sure I really care all too much

are DJs from Detroit often overlooked and uncredited? most definitely. are they immune for being ostracised as individuals for being weasels? no.

Dance music got caught between commercial stage wankers at one end of the scale and preachy virtuous merchants at the other (and in some cases even overlap..)

the good guys sail under the radar and just quietly play good tunes

Guess it's usually the opening tune when most people try to get a video. Djs see to start with a quality tune, mix or bang - so I suppose that's why people do it.

It’s no coincidence that the social media managers who run corporate dj accounts always ensure the explosive ‘drops‘ get uploaded. That’s how cynical this world is now. The DJ is tailoring their pitch as much at 10 second viewers as the lemmings in the crowd

I don't know...he's just starting with an acapella and bringing in a new beat over it...nothing new about that. Doubt he's doing that just for the cameras?!

I don't know...he's just starting with an acapella and bringing in a new beat over it...nothing new about that. Doubt he's doing that just for the cameras?!

didn’t say he was, but they are marketing machines as much as entertainers and technicians now, lets not be naive. everything is precision planned

Back