☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Mrs with these 10pn curfews it won't be long before they will turn of the electricity from 11pm - 6am if people don't obey ? she is a bit out there but there's always some truth in madness..

Last edited:
here are the areas that will be confined from friday night onwards

Mainly areas with bars then?

Our starting point should always be the normal world, where there were no restrictions.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but that really won't be the case until we've got a vaccine or a very-well working medicine.

look, people with your views are saying 'oh but the vast majority are getting through covid ok'. true. but, by now, we've almost hit 1 million covid deaths worldwide, even with all the restrictions put in place. I don't even wanna know how many people would have died if we would have said 'let's simply get through this and go along with our lives'. ten times that? I'm not sure, but I'm sure you'll agree the numbers of deaths would be far higher. and there are still a massive number of people that are struggling with lung problems after their covid infection (a point that very often gets ignored).

yes, the economy is struggling greatly - I personally am very much affected by this. but that's what pandemics bring along sadly. there's hoping it'll be the only one we'll have to get through in our livetimes.

I've just seen the netherlands had a new record in infections. at some point, your hospitalization/ICU and death rate will go up again as well as it's been the case here. it won't be as severe as in march/april (I already said they know a little better how to treat it), but I guess the restrictions where you live will likely continue.

it's not gonna be a pleasant winter I think, but a realistic approach to the subject might help.

Mainly areas with bars then?

not really.

it's areas that have a) a big population density and b) a lot of cases.

they've done similar lockdowns in towns on the mainland and apparently they've worked. and actually, the bars can stay open in those zones.

While the actual underlying numbers are low, the fact they are approx doubling every week (like uk, france etc) is worrying. Lets hope isn't like way back at the start where we had low numbersn didn't worry, then exponential progression took over. (Care home infections are worrying too)

And yes while lot are mildly affected, if number of cases keep growing, you run out of testing capacity (like in uk) to be able to effectively protect those at risk (like care home staff waiting ages for results). Masks and been careful to reduce transmission/severity *is* currently needed.

Let's try and keep to that instead of a fun sponge more severe lockdown?‍♂️

Have generally switched off from this thread but can I ask..
what is the logic or thought behind locking down such a small area in San an and leaving the bay etc unaffected?

Surely this just leads to more unrest and divide among the public??

Have generally switched off from this thread but can I ask..
what is the logic or thought behind locking down such a small area in San an and leaving the bay etc unaffected?

Surely this just leads to more unrest and divide among the public??

see further above - densely populated area with high factor of infections.

of course it's not going down well with everybody though

What I can't tell from the image is that Passeig de la Mar in San Antonio is not highlighted red, so appears to be outside the confinement zone, but what about the restaurants there? Do they count as being on the street, or do they fall into the confinement zone?

What I can't tell from the image is that Passeig de la Mar in San Antonio is not highlighted red, so appears to be outside the confinement zone, but what about the restaurants there? Do they count as being on the street, or do they fall into the confinement zone?

passeig de la mar is open - anything past that line is confined

In the UK, the 7-day average for deaths is 12/day. That's those who died after being recorded with Covid, not whether covid caused their death.

The hospitalisation number needs to some caution.

I understand every inpatient now has a test, regardless for their reason of admission (accident, planned surgery etc). If the PCR test comes back with a “positive” result, then for statistical purposes they’re classified as a covid hospitalisation, even if they’re not receiving treatment for it. Of course they may not even be infectious, due to the previously mentioned issues with the PCR test.

With more routine NHS services opening up, I suspect it is going to be difficult to determine the true numbers of *actual* covid hopistalisations. That is, those admitted to hospital for treatment for covid related illness.

Last edited:
Yes, I have been lurking here for many years. It’s not that you gave me a voice (sorry, no credit there either), I am just less than keen to push forward my views to strangers on social media. However, you are quite dangerous so I felt compelled to do so.

I could have done some better lurking but you are clogging up multiple threads with your inane drivel about every subject you choose to post about. So, I will bring forward my 2030 post.

I don’t know about the Netherlands, but suggesting UK nurses or any (most) public sector workers are or ever will align to a Conservative government propaganda line is beyond ludicrous.

While I’m here, and I know this has been suggested to you several times, you need to take off your tin foil hat and get some education old chap, before it’s too late for you or someone you are close to. For some of us it’s well beyond that point unfortunately, in my case several time’s over. You maybe a brain donor, but I suspect you are a Covid time bomb waiting to go off if your behaviours match your opinions.

See you in 2040, I hope.

Nailed it. ?

Yes, I have been lurking here for many years. It’s not that you gave me a voice (sorry, no credit there either), I am just less than keen to push forward my views to strangers on social media. However, you are quite dangerous so I felt compelled to do so.

I could have done some better lurking but you are clogging up multiple threads with your inane drivel about every subject you choose to post about. So, I will bring forward my 2030 post.

I don’t know about the Netherlands, but suggesting UK nurses or any (most) public sector workers are or ever will align to a Conservative government propaganda line is beyond ludicrous.

While I’m here, and I know this has been suggested to you several times, you need to take off your tin foil hat and get some education old chap, before it’s too late for you or someone you are close to. For some of us it’s well beyond that point unfortunately, in my case several time’s over. You maybe a brain donor, but I suspect you are a Covid time bomb waiting to go off if your behaviours match your opinions.

See you in 2040, I hope.
I'm a dangerous Covid time bomb? The only thing that dangerous is your own fear buddy...
And multiple threads with insane drivel? Lol.
Please take a look at the people around you wearing gloves...disinfecting shopping carts...masks on the beach or in a park with no one around them...waiting for the holy vaccine before they see their friends and family again. They are the only people that should be wearing a tin foil hat to accompany their behaviour.

Never suggested anything about the UK or nurses. Also always distanced myself from conspiracy theorists. You clearly haven't read any of my posts properly...but please long time lurker, use my posts as a way to finally share your views on this forum.

2030, 2040...?‍♂️ I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, but I choose to live now...so if that makes my behaviour match my opinions, so be it.

Last edited:
I've just seen the netherlands had a new record in infections. at some point, your hospitalization/ICU and death rate will go up again as well as it's been the case here. it won't be as severe as in march/april (I already said they know a little better how to treat it), but I guess the restrictions where you live will likely continue.

it's not gonna be a pleasant winter I think, but a realistic approach to the subject might help.
That remains to be seen. We havent seen a spike in hospitalizations for weeks, even after amazing weather...BLM demo's and so on. It's the amount of testing that has increased so therefor the amount of 'infections' have increased too.

If you're right.....a realistic take on measures is indeed justified and I will be here to talk about it in all honesty.
If the trend line from the last weeks / months continues...the measures should eased / altered / stopped immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back