Cocoon20 - Discussion thread

adam port just tweeted that sven had the only vinyl copy there was of his under water remix :) it's now released, though.

That's another great record from this season - I can remember hearing it for the first time on an Adam Port Keinemusik mix back in November last year and loved it from the first listen, so to hear Sven belt it out on Amnesia terrace for the first time back in August was a great moment!

That's another great record from this season - I can remember hearing it for the first time on an Adam Port Keinemusik mix back in November last year and loved it from the first listen, so to hear Sven belt it out on Amnesia terrace for the first time back in August was a great moment!

see post number one in the tracks for 2019 thread!

btw there‘s a nice story on how sven got that vinyl, @JB2008 should tell it!

Just ordered Sven Vath: In the Mix Sounds of the First Season!

Going to work my way through buying all of them but any stand out years to look for?

The 9th - 11th (without looking at the rest) are special to me because that’s the kind of cocoon tunes i remember when i first started to go see Sven. Some belters on there!

Some of those early tunes i remember off top of head. Not all them on sound of the seasons i don’t think...

Id love it if they digitally released all the previous seasons.

I wanted to buy a few of the early ones but I don't even have a cd player anymore aha

see post number one in the tracks for 2019 thread!

btw there‘s a nice story on how sven got that vinyl, @JB2008 should tell it!

A good friend and lifelong Cocoonero loved that song so much, he had a copy pressed especially for Sven and gave it to him before the season. This friend had no affiliation with the label or any motivation other than sharing his music appreciation. Sven caned it all summer, for a while without even knowing who produced it...and the rest is history; he eventually licensed it for the season compilation. Pure jubilation when Sven played it at the closing — if you saw a group of people on the dancefloor freaking out a little too much now you know why ?

Going to work my way through buying all of them but any stand out years to look for?

I had sound of the third season - still give it the odd listen - last few tracks are minimal/afterhours bits mixed by Hawtin and the techno "main room" part is great.

I think for a couple of them they tried to combine the amnesia session and some of the afters bits. There are recordings from the restaurant before the party, in the queue, at the afters etc on the third one to delineate the different sections of the party - works really well I thought.

I had sound of the third season - still give it the odd listen - last few tracks are minimal/afterhours bits mixed by Hawtin and the techno "main room" part is great.

I think for a couple of them they tried to combine the amnesia session and some of the afters bits. There are recordings from the restaurant before the party, in the queue, at the afters etc on the third one to delineate the different sections of the party - works really well I thought.
Well I shall get round to No. 3 pretty quickly I can imagine. Not got a CD player but going to keep them in the car, it's probably my fav place for listening to music and mixes other than the club.

I am proud owner of almost the whole collection, only missing the fourth season, but working on getting the cd.

couldn't say which one I like best, it's always great listening to a mix to bring back memories or to imagine what it must've been like in the first 5 seasons when I wasn't there :)

Back