Cocoon20 - Discussion thread

D
If my memory serves me correctly 'Stephen Brown - Sweet Nothing' was also the record that he closed the outside of Benimussa Park with... I was in too much of a trance to Shazam then and hearing that again this morning has brought back some great memories. Incredible moment! Thanks Soha!
I'd he not close with chic - I want your love?
Was something disco anyway.

So I think it's safe to say everyone in agreement that it was an unforgettable 24 hours ? I know I may not have experienced the Cocoon, and Ibiza, of old but my word did I enjoy that!

At benimussa he played some belters outside but admittedly I wasn't on the dance floor at all really, I was enjoying it from the sides with @Tucker and co

He played some lovely stuff outside including...
Lord extra - super flu
Rufus du sol - underwater (Adam port mix)
Joris voorn - many reasons (deetron edit)
He played hugg & pepp and funk d'void dybala again.
But for me the best track he played outside was Ross from friends - High engery. Really lovely track.
That gives you an idea of the atmosphere he was setting outside

In the rabbit hole it was simply unreal. Really dark and intimate. Probably like what the night at underground was but with even less people. At around 4-5am it felt like there was only around 100-200 people in there and the dj box is just right at your level.

There was loads of old house tracks he really was digging deep, it was definitely more of a house music/funky affair. He played funk d'void - emotional content which was probably my favourite momemt from last years afters.

He played the Mole people - break night, and it was smiles all round, I love these old 90s house numbers they probably make up most of what I listen to on daily basis.

Justis konke - time code

A lot of the stuff I didn't recognise but that gives you an idea of the housey type stuff in the rabbit hole.

I think I mentioned already he played stardust - music sounds better with you.

Il never forget it, whole room hugging and dancing and Sven kept turning the volume down as the whole room was singing.

One track that I was wanting to hear but didn't was underworld dark and long, maybe he played it before I got to benimussa. He played it last year, was surreal.

I've had to upload this clip to Youtube as it wouldn't load directly onto here from my iPhone... but I've heard Sven playing this record at Underground, during his 'all night long' set at Amnesia and again at the after-party at Benimussa.

It's been driving me literally insane... I've posted it twice on the Facebook IOM group too and had no response. Somebody, somewhere must know what this record is ?

At benimussa he played some belters outside but admittedly I wasn't on the dance floor at all really, I was enjoying it from the sides with @Tucker and co

He played some lovely stuff outside including...
Lord extra - super flu
Rufus du sol - underwater (Adam port mix)
Joris voorn - many reasons (deetron edit)
He played hugg & pepp and funk d'void dybala again.
But for me the best track he played outside was Ross from friends - High engery. Really lovely track.
That gives you an idea of the atmosphere he was setting outside

In the rabbit hole it was simply unreal. Really dark and intimate. Probably like what the night at underground was but with even less people. At around 4-5am it felt like there was only around 100-200 people in there and the dj box is just right at your level.

There was loads of old house tracks he really was digging deep, it was definitely more of a house music/funky affair. He played funk d'void - emotional content which was probably my favourite momemt from last years afters.

He played the Mole people - break night, and it was smiles all round, I love these old 90s house numbers they probably make up most of what I listen to on daily basis.

Justis konke - time code

A lot of the stuff I didn't recognise but that gives you an idea of the housey type stuff in the rabbit hole.

I think I mentioned already he played stardust - music sounds better with you.

Il never forget it, whole room hugging and dancing and Sven kept turning the volume down as the whole room was singing.

One track that I was wanting to hear but didn't was underworld dark and long, maybe he played it before I got to benimussa. He played it last year, was surreal.

so nice !!! you remember all the tracks I had in mind too from that night
it was so hypnotizing in the rabbit hole - such a highlight

He played Diabla there another time

From Benimms I can remember Wassermann - W.I.R. Sven Väth Rmx

Jonathan Kaspar - Renard

Sydenham & Ferrer - Timbuktu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byXoMSQA0eM

and Zoo Brazil - Maxwell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTDY8oHBBdc

This was one of the best closings for me !!

only hours after reading svens interview I saw a video of the martinez douches at circoloco closing. one of those clowns with a bum bag around his breast. couldn't help but think these are some of the guys Sven is talking about, regarding only coming here for their brand and not caring for the island.

I've had to upload this clip to Youtube as it wouldn't load directly onto here from my iPhone... but I've heard Sven playing this record at Underground, during his 'all night long' set at Amnesia and again at the after-party at Benimussa.

It's been driving me literally insane... I've posted it twice on the Facebook IOM group too and had no response. Somebody, somewhere must know what this record is ?

Phonogenic - Togetha.

From Cocoon Season 4 and plenty of afterhours including the legendary one at S'Estanyol.

Vinyl only of course ;)

Back