Clubs officially opening after the COVID19 pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems that Berlin Indoor clubs can come back faster than expected...

Google Translate:

The unexceptional ban on commercial dance events in closed rooms, which is still in force in Berlin, is objectionable after an urgent decision by the Berlin Administrative Court with regard to vaccinated and recovered persons. The applicant operates a discotheque near Kurfürstendamm. With her urgent judicial application, she is against the prohibition regulated in Section 34 (1) of the Third Infection Protection Measures Ordinance, according to which dance pleasures and similar companies in the sense of the trade regulations may not be opened to the public in closed rooms. The 14th Chamber largely granted the urgent application. Unrestricted opening could not be claimed, but events exclusively for vaccinated and recovered people were to be temporarily permitted. In this respect, the prohibition of opening is likely to be objected to as disproportionate in a summary examination and a reason for an order as well as a claim for an order are made credible. It is true that there is still an epidemic situation of national scope, so that Section 28a of the Infection Protection Act continues to apply. The dance ban based on this also pursues a legitimate purpose, namely to contain the spread of the virus, and is also to be regarded as suitable and necessary for this. However, it is likely to be assessed as disproportionate with regard to vaccinated and recovered people. Discotheque operators like the applicant would be significantly impaired by the comprehensive ban in their constitutionally protected professional practice (Art. 12 GG). According to the data available to date, these restrictions on freedom of occupation are in no appropriate relation to the very manageable effects that infections of vaccinated and convalescent people would have on the overall infection process. These became infected much less often and those who were vaccinated then had a lower viral load and less infectivity. This also applies to the Delta variant. The situation is different with the group of (only) tested people. Since a test only represents a snapshot and those who have been tested do not have increased protection against infection and severe disease and then potentially show a higher level of infectivity, there is still a danger situation that justifies maintaining the ban on dancing. An appeal against the decision can be lodged with the Higher Administrative Court of Berlin-Brandenburg.
Decision of the 14th Chamber of August 20, 2021 (VG 14 L 467/21)

In Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Groningen, Eindhoven and Nijmegen right now....a huge nationwide protest against the restrictions on festivals and nightlife in The Netherlands called UNMUTE US.
Especially Amsterdam looks very crowded, it's like a Love Parade with trucks, dj's and people marching behind it.
You can follow it on various social media channels, the Awakenings truck is now live on Instagram.

Elrow Town next weekend cancelled…. Park has been trashed after hosting festivals last few weeks. Not surprised, the fact councils are now renting out public parks for longer every summer and the bad weather will no doubt take months to repair naturally

Feel for all those that spent £100+ on secondary resale sites…
Noted there was still lots of traffic stewards at the park entrance today and signs saying 'El Row Production Traffic➡️' etc.

I wonder if were still dismantling the set up, or if there were people still turning up unaware it was cancelled.

Noted there was still lots of traffic stewards at the park entrance today and signs saying 'El Row Production Traffic➡️' etc.

I wonder if were still dismantling the set up, or if there were people still turning up unaware it was cancelled.

No idea. Perhaps both.
I know the afterparties went through but they were no longer branded as Elrow.

With Elrow Town Amsterdam they face the same risks (although this London cancelation had nothing to do with Covid measures).
It is planned on the 25th of September but the government will give the final green light for festivals on the 17th of September. Stagebuilding is already a week underway by then.
One of the reasons this protest mars took place today was to give festivals the green light from September 1st but I doubt the government is gonna listen. Over 80.000 people showed up today in all the cities though. No incidents or whatsoever.

Just on this actually - I do feel guilty about supporting events in public spaces now. The amount of public parks shut in London for longer periods getting worse and if I was a resident I’d get annoyed. Worse still with the bad weather the parks are getting destroyed and will likely take a long time to repair.

A colleague lives right next to Three Mills (hosted Solid Grooves on the Saturday & Bibi / Martinez Bros the Sunday ) and the ground is ruined + partially fenced off in places where the toilets were due to sewage heavily effected the areas. I wonder if Fuse will have some issues using this space in a couple of weeks

Last edited:
Just on this actually - I do feel guilty about supporting events in public spaces now. The amount of public parks shut in London for longer periods getting worse and if I was a resident I’d get annoyed. Worse still with the bad weather the parks are getting destroyed and will likely take a long time to repair.
Don't feel too bad. The fees they get from festivals pretty much secure their finances, which, as you can imagine, have been depleted through traditional channels down the years

Not to mention the economic boost to the local area

Don't feel too bad. The fees they get from festivals pretty much secure their finances, which, as you can imagine, have been depleted through traditional channels down the years

Yeah I get that - I guess it’s just thinking about the locals restricted access to the area during the build / event / takedown is 2 weeks each time + the story of three mills island now resembling a public toilet and how much of a built up area it’s in made me think

Attachments

• 188F552F-4D5E-4668-B90D-A24E3D9CBC29.jpeg
    188F552F-4D5E-4668-B90D-A24E3D9CBC29.jpeg
    903.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 2B40860C-3AC4-4FD4-9F90-B85DFBDC118B.jpeg
    2B40860C-3AC4-4FD4-9F90-B85DFBDC118B.jpeg
    945.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

That's the wider social and political issue. Public parks now less available to the general public, some of whom could never afford to go to these private events.

Why do these public spaces rely on private, ticketed events for maintenance funding, that was formerly fully funded from council coffers?

/Soapbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back