Clubs officially opening after the COVID19 pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solomun was bang on form tonight and the atmosphere was electric. 18 months since my last proper rave at tezzy head Alan Fitzpatrick it was just what was needed. Made loads of southern friends and some of them tried to get us to go afters Kettama at The Cause ?? but we'd burnt out. Dont mean to sound super northern here but i think it was £22 each entry as well steady on love its 3 pound a pint where im from get lost

Got tickets for Imogen at the World headquarters next Friday, always love her selection! Those dark electro / techno sets are right up my street. desperately trying to get the wife on board to do as much as poss still while we can. the thought of these clubs closing again after the summer is ever so real

Solomun was bang on form tonight and the atmosphere was electric. 18 months since my last proper rave at tezzy head Alan Fitzpatrick it was just what was needed. Made loads of southern friends and some of them tried to get us to go afters Kettama at The Cause ?? but we'd burnt out. Dont mean to sound super northern here but i think it was £22 each entry as well steady on love its 3 pound a pint where im from get lost
Was really a nice day with perfect weather and despite the wickedly sloping site had a strong sense of being at Benimussa Park for like an after party with a chilled friendly vibe … got there just for 4.30pm when Solomun started and 5 1/2 hours flew by … sound could have been better but pretty well organised / easy entry … was home in Surrey by 11.30pm … went with 2 friends met in Ibiza and one stayed with us and chewed our ears off until about 3.45am 😆

we had TOU today close to Paris 40€ ,not a fan. (last nigt in posh st tropez clubs/beach bars, France , because of parisian dj i follow that used to mix in posh parisian places and some ibz places too (ex alma beach in a few days))

Anyone can post some links from the mix sessions of Stephan BODZIN those last months?
Gonna have my 1rst rave in outdoor place in paris (posh aera of Paris ) since ibz closing 19 (DC10 closing i didnt count the dc10 after at bora bora neither an heart party ) more to please a mate (a way to test my new 26db ACS pro earplug bough for ibz 202x loud speakers 😬 ).
i ve already seen him at Hyte ibz amnresia ibz 18 but had no memories of his set 😆
Black coffee play there sept 3rd and we dont pay those insane prices 500€ min table booking as Ushuaia but 19€'(early bird )-34€ (all night long )
ps:i'm still wondering if Ibz gonna be VIP as all over hype djs that used to play in ibz mixes in posh place in Paris/St Tropez.

Last edited:
Was at solomun on Saturday and have to say everything apart from his set/sound system was fun. Good crowd, good location, cool setup and great weather.

His set was trash though. He isnt very good. Very predictable set. Sound system was garbage aswell.

Was at solomun on Saturday and have to say everything apart from his set/sound system was fun. Good crowd, good location, cool setup and great weather.

His set was trash though. He isnt very good. Very predictable set. Sound system was garbage aswell.
Sound system is so important....can make or break an event, doesn't matter how good the dj is

Amnesia’s event at Drumsheds cancelled!

Predicated this a few weeks back annoyingly. Ticket sales were still on first release until the last week or so and had only this week reached second!

Highly annoying as I really liked the lineup - Villalobos, Blessed Madonna, Honey Dijon, Paul Woolford under his Special Request alias.

Unfortunately you just know an event of that size that is even remotely curveball and doesn’t have Jamie Jones, Loco Dice, TMB etc on the billing isn’t going to fare well! Not enough for the local numpties to post about on Instagram for the day! 🥱

As great as the nightlife scene is in London right now it’s shame an event like that is being cancelled. Obviously it’s an assumption that it’s purely ticket sale based but it looked glaringly obvious to me!

Attachments

• 881FA719-2655-4959-A72B-E76CCF8AFC4A.jpeg
    881FA719-2655-4959-A72B-E76CCF8AFC4A.jpeg
    433.4 KB · Views: 21
Amnesia’s event at Drumsheds cancelled!

Predicated this a few weeks back annoyingly. Ticket sales were still on first release until the last week or so and had only this week reached second!

Highly annoying as I really liked the lineup - Villalobos, Blessed Madonna, Honey Dijon, Paul Woolford under his Special Request alias.

Unfortunately you just know an event of that size that is even remotely curveball and doesn’t have Jamie Jones, Loco Dice, TMB etc on the billing isn’t going to fare well! Not enough for the local numpties to post about on Instagram for the day! 🥱

As great as the nightlife scene is in London right now it’s shame an event like that is being cancelled. Obviously it’s an assumption that it’s purely ticket sale based but it looked glaringly obvious to me!
Why has this been cancelled?

Why has this been cancelled?
No official reason per se but I've a strong suspicion its poor ticket sales as above.

The event is at a large venue and had only just made second release after weeks of being on first release only.

Throwing a mass-sized event with a slight curveball lineup and no "big name ticket seller" DJ's was unfortunately destined to fail IMO! I hate that it's like that but it's an unfortunate reality.

No official reason per se but I've a strong suspicion its poor ticket sales as above.

The event is at a large venue and had only just made second release after weeks of being on first release only.

Throwing a mass-sized event with a slight curveball lineup and no "big name ticket seller" DJ's was unfortunately destined to fail IMO! I hate that it's like that but it's an unfortunate reality.
Yes so many events in London like u said...London is the place to be at the moment.....poor amnesia....least they have Cova santa in ibiza and the Croatia events

Was daytime on a Friday though is that not a bit ambitious ?

It's still very up and down out there. Newsam Park added Adam Beyer to the lineup fairly late in the day (and promoters don't fork out extra £'s for fun!) and they are giving the promo a hammering on the socials.

Am still seeing some social media posts from people saying they don't feel safe in crowds, but these are generally middle aged so maybe not the audience for festivals and gigs. People also have a lot of money tied up in postponed gigs and hotels etc and are maybe wary of buying anything else.

Unfortunately imo does seem like its a bit of greed mixed with the fact there's so many events going down atm to choose from. If you are gonna want to get the tickets out the door for that many then put your hand in your pocket with the line up. I get where your coming from as the line up alone should be enough (nothing wrong with it) but they should know from the day they booked that spot what it took. Drumsheds crowd must be a good 80% plus posers, sad reality of todays clubbing culture

Last edited:
as a born and bred Londoner who spent circa 20 years on the capital's dancefloors, gotta say it's a bit strange to now see it described as "the place to be" :lol:

it's a measure of how much things have changed that people now obsess about events/lineups instead of nights out in dirty clubs with £5-10 door tax and cans of cold red stripe. all those years in Fabric and I could name maybe 6 DJs who played at a push. the dnb/breaks kids went on Fridays and techno/housers went on Saturdays and that was all you ever needed to know.

everyone gets so fixated on names, names, names now instead of what they actually play..

as a born and bred Londoner who spent circa 20 years on the capital's dancefloors, gotta say it's a bit strange to now see it described as "the place to be" :lol:

it's a measure of how much things have changed that people now obsess about events/lineups instead of nights out in dirty clubs with £5-10 door tax and cans of cold red stripe. all those years in Fabric and I could name maybe 6 DJs who played at a push. the dnb/breaks kids went on Fridays and techno/housers went on Saturdays and that was all you ever needed to know.

everyone gets so fixated on names, names, names now instead of what they actually play..
The more people obsess over the 'stars' comes the bigger money bags, and with the £60 events fees comes people always wanting bigger, better its a vicious roundabout but its easy to avoid all this still just give big brand named events the swerve and go to Berlin, Paris, Warsaw etc can barely even pronounce the line up and yet its always the very best of nights

Last edited:
Very brief review of baltic weekender main room from from Sarurday.

I left my friends when the 3pm football matches finished and went to camp&firnsnce alone around 4.30.
Caught the last hour of peachs set which was fantastic. Then 2 hours of shanti celeste was amazing. I went Into the next room to hear Dan shake and it was good but all big hitter tunes and the crowd a litter younger and the room a little brighter.
He played big crowd pleasing tunes like:
double 99 - rip groove
Junior jack - thrill me
Storm - storm

I then went back into Leon vynhall and it was really really good. He was blending tecnho with the odd UK garage / dnb type tunes. One tune near the end was so good Id love to find it but I couldn't record as my phone had died.

Shanti celeste played a brilliant set, great energy and right up my street:
She played 'strike - u sure do' which got a great reaction and got everyone singing.
She also near the end played sasha and Emerson - scorchio!!!! One of my all time favourite tunes

Overall the crowd was good but I didnt feel there was much reaction to the big tunes. Like scorchio got no reaction at all really as if the crowd didn't recognise it.
At one point she mixed in mathew jonson - marionette, or at least a part of it or a sample of it and I was getting ready to lose my mind, but the full song was never played, and the crowd didn't seem to notice or react to it either.

I took a full pill in 1/4s over the course of 5+ hours and it felt so good just to be in a sea of clubbers dancing and swaying ❤️
I drank a few cans but mostly water and a little bit of flake. Woke up Sunday feeling great. Really needed that dance.

Next outing is likely Daniel avery, orla, and paul woolford at a festival here.

And planning a wee trip over to London for something like phonox or Sectretsundaze with my clubbing mates and not the useless football watching mates.
💫

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back