Carl Cox reveals plan to build a new Space Ibiza

I think they will take the money and will open something with the name Space. If it will be good : No one knows. Coxy will only give his name if he is clever. Some signs on a contract , 20 or 30 dates there in2 or 3 years : Easy money. But maybe he need it not and takes a little risk...

this is not all just about coxy guys.

the other two involved people - roselló and dave browning - also have a word to say in the whole thing. I speak to dave browning regularly and they genuinely want to bring back what space used to ooze. whether they succeed in that, and where, remains to be seen, but I for one will give them a chance for sure.

I would give it a chance too, can't be any worse than Hi!

It's not as if space closed due to lack of numbers or by choice.

They closed with many great weekly nights still going and were forced to close/move due to the lease/matutes situation

Obviously it's never going to be the same as old space, but who would of thought the clockwork orange weekend would grow as popular as it has.

I still think folk get too hung up on bygone days whether it be a club or a particular event. I include myself in that as it’s difficult not to reminisce.

End of the day I’d party away in a back garden or a shed as long as the tunes are hitting the mark, my friends are there / the crowd vibe is good.

I’ve enjoyed a lot of nights that I didn’t think I would at the outset. Let’s see what develops and give it a chance?

I can’t understand why people are writing a new space off before it’s even been started.its goner be run by people who know the business.

Whether people like coxy or not,I’m sure a lot of djs will want to play in a club for him.

A new club is what ibiza needs. Ibiza no longer has the best clubs, this hasn’t been helped by the the closing time restrictions. Berlin and Amsterdam offer a better clubbing experience for many with no vip bullshit or commercial crap which places like Hii offer. If a new space is half as good as it’s former home il be happy.

A new club is what ibiza needs
Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

You don’t think? Eden and Es paradise are not superclubs. So you are left with Amnesia, DC10, privilege and unfortunately Hii. DC10 is open only twice most nights per week apart from a few take over nights.

Sankeys is nearer enough closed. Although I wish it wasn’t.

Don’t you think ibiza needs something else? Something maybe similar to DC10 with garden / open terrace area

You don’t think? Eden and Es paradise are not superclubs. So you are left with Amnesia, DC10, privilege and unfortunately Hii. DC10 is open only twice most nights per week apart from a few take over nights.

Don’t you think ibiza needs something else? Something maybe similar to DC10 with garden / open terrace area
They can’t fill what they have

Another half empty club is not needed

I can’t understand why people are writing a new space off before it’s even been started.its goner be run by people who know the business.

Whether people like coxy or not,I’m sure a lot of djs will want to play in a club for him.

A new club is what ibiza needs. Ibiza no longer has the best clubs, this hasn’t been helped by the the closing time restrictions. Berlin and Amsterdam offer a better clubbing experience for many with no vip bullshit or commercial crap which places like Hii offer. If a new space is half as good as it’s former home il be happy.

Totally agree. Fast forward a few years and all that’s left standing is a handful of awful Matutes run clubs and Pacha.

I’d love to see a better version of DC10 be built with better management.

Ibiza keeps getting new clubs. Id venture to say they just aren’t to your taste, they aren’t to mine. Tastes move on as does the market.

Eden has been far more successful through its various incarnations than sankeys ever has. Underground and overground underground can’t fill the club space it already has, and it never has. All of privilege hasn’t been open for a fortnight each year for the last few years. Amnesia is shut on Sunday’s. Pacha hasn’t packed them in like it used but it’s always been up and down. Dc10 has only ever been a one or two night a week thing.

It’s reflective of the market, tourist numbers to the island, competition from other resorts like Croatia, cost of flights and accommodation, the current popularity (or otherwise) of the house and techno music scene.

But, Ibiza has endured for over three decades with it’s clubbing model. There was always options, big venues closed some nights of the week and it’s always been expensive. But there is a helluva lot more club choice now than at any point I can remember. My issue is I’m just not feeling the music right now and no new venue is going to sort that out.

I could see a new space in place of sankeys. It would help regenerate the area that is becoming less popular and very run down and has the space (pun not intended) to deliver on the space model. It would need a significant rebuild because sankeys is a dump, inside and out. That said, space was a dump for a long time! It was coxy who sorted that out. If the music and vibe is good, people will forgive almost anything, just look at the state of dc10.

However, as was said earlier in the thread and I said three years ago, space had 27 years to sort its shit out. If they had wanted to continue they could have, elsewhere. And they didn’t.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me the perfect venue in Ibiza at the moment is zoo (benimussa). I’ve been Twice and both times its been superb. If they could build a half decent sized indoor club within the grounds I’d think the place would be onto a winner. Daytime festival type raving then turf everyone indoors for some nightime fun. With the outdoor Space to chill. Infact let’s rebrand the club and call it space fest!

Last edited:
For me the perfect venue in Ibiza at the moment is zoo (benimussa). I’ve been Twice and both times its been superb. If they could build a half decent sized indoor club within the grounds I’d think the place would be onto a winner. Daytime festival type raving then turf everyone indoors for some nightime fun. With the outdoor Space to chill. Infact let’s rebrand the club and call it space fest!

I was thinking the same thing. Seems to make too much sense.

I was wondering, can Privilege become the new Space?
Probably not. Both very different clubs (or were).

Although Privi has a chance to reinvent itself if required. Could be a good or a bad thing though depending on your view point. I’m generally willing to give anything new a chance and if don’t like it then vote with your feet.

Probably not. Both very different clubs (or were).

Although Privi has a chance to reinvent itself if required. Could be a good or a bad thing though depending on your view point. I’m generally willing to give anything new a chance and if don’t like it then vote with your feet.
Trouble is if the refurb and cock it up like they did with hi ,, they won’t do another refurb it will stay shit for years to come ..

Privilege needs to stay as it is ,, if they was to get el row ,, then I think this could really help the island ..

But it’s like doubling the work load for el row

If there is to be a new space ,, it has to be away from san an and pdb , keep the chavs out ,
A simple outside space with netting and a dark inside , that’s what we all miss ,,

Nobody misses the roof top bar with the shit tube ,,
Nobody misses the car park

If not even book big names ,,
Jason bye resident and a few others that will do

Back