Carl Cox reveals plan to build a new Space Ibiza

In Manchester, they tried to recreate The Hacienda in some form. It is called Factory and has three levels, frequented by mainly students

Carl Cox played records with Oakenfold to 50 'exclusive guests' at Stonehenge the other day at a fundraiser for English Heritage (how apt.... the audience were all acid house veterans nearly as ancient as the stones).

I know some of you are disciples and won't hear a bad word but I think he is increasingly bad news for music, Ibiza and creativity and it's time someone stood up and gently guided him to the knackers yard

out of order!!!

Carl Cox played records with Oakenfold to 50 'exclusive guests' at Stonehenge the other day at a fundraiser for English Heritage (how apt.... the audience were all acid house veterans nearly as ancient as the stones).

I know some of you are disciples and won't hear a bad word but I think he is increasingly bad news for music, Ibiza and creativity and it's time someone stood up and gently guided him to the knackers yard
Bravo. Outstanding post

Were these well minted vets if it was a fundraiser? Saw a few images and could only see Oakie, a lot of unnatural lighting, stones and nothing else in sight. Thought it was a return to his Cuba or Great Wall sets!

Guests included t farley, nancy noise, rampling & the one that looks like mesut ozil from s-express. The oakey & cox sets got recorded and are getting released and some single is also coming out it seems... (i’m not making this up..) all proceeds going to EH..

*’Ageist’ lol - i suppose it makes a refreshing change from ‘old fart’
Ah. That sort of crowd. Hope the none bankrupts filled up the charity box. Farley will have doubtless been smiling and enjoying the trance sounds as he always does. Sounds just like his favourite type of gig!

Looking at the mix mag and dj mag interview he will be doing space nights next year and 2020 there will be a space club...I wonder where they will build that...gossip for 2019

https://www.magneticmag.com/.amp/2018/08/carl-cox-wants-build-new-space-ibiza/

Still can't see the current government accepting a new build club, it doesn't fit in with their 'move the tourism upmarket' model.

The former Space team buying Sankeys is probably the best option for everyone, small club with an underground feel and would revitalise what is now a struggling part of Bossa

Looking at the mix mag and dj mag interview he will be doing space nights next year and 2020 there will be a space club...I wonder where they will build that...gossip for 2019

https://www.magneticmag.com/.amp/2018/08/carl-cox-wants-build-new-space-ibiza/

Wow, sounds like they are really going for it, good luck to them.

I think taking over an existing club would be a bit of a letdown unless it’s something like Privi or Amnesia, and they make big changes.

I too am skeptical of the gov allowing a new club. I’m sure Matutes will be in their ear trying to block it.

I do think the island has room for another club. You can’t think of the future the same as it is now. Maybe the clubs go from 7 nights to 4 nights? What if Matutes takes over Privi? What if Sankeys, Eden, etc. close for good?

Clubs come and go. The island needs better competition to buck the VIP trend. There is demand for it, and Amnesia and DC10 are shitting the bed imo. If Cox can come in and do it right, let him. Best case scenario are other areas of the island becoming more popular so PDB can implode.

I still don't there's enough heads coming to ibiza to make this work with the current climate. Key word is current, it can get better again.

If they are building a new club, they gotta make sure its away from residents so they avoid all this noise complaint BS and 5 AM closing times

I still don't there's enough heads coming to ibiza to make this work with the current climate. Key word is current, it can get better again.

If they are building a new club, they gotta make sure its away from residents so they avoid all this noise complaint BS and 5 AM closing times
Nor me. You only have to look at the footfall at Eden, es paradis and sankeys to see there isn’t capacity for another club. The hanger that is Privilege is empty for over 350 days a year, amnesia must have had its slowest season in years, passenger numbers are falling and tourists are staying for shorter periods. It would be have to be a v good new club to work and would doubtless impact badly on the others if it did.

All that said, I could see a sankeys take over working if it was an almost complete rebuild. It would certainly help regenerate that area that at present looks to be in almost terminal decline.

Back