Carl Cox reveals plan to build a new Space Ibiza

It would be interesting to know if Pepe (with or without the help of anyone else) ever had the chance/asked about outright buying the building/land in order to stop this situation??? He obviously knew it could happen at some point... And if the chance was there and wasn't taken, why not?? If they're insisting on opening a new venue then, you'd like to think the enquiry was at least made... Also, if the love of the club is there and the want to bring it back for the people etc etc, could there be the situation that would have them happily breaking even (not in it for any profit) and charging respectable prices, limit the amount of people allowed in so it isn't a death trap in waiting and ACTUALLY taking it right back to the early years??? Or, is everyone just blinded by dollar signs these days??? Is there anywhere left on the island, remote enough to be able to be granted it's own special license (early years of Space opening hours)...??

Now them were the days. Early night then 10am-4pm at Space and over to Bora Bora for gee

Never realised that the Bora Bora Gee is the same dj who came to my university in 2000 for the react records 10th Anniversary tour. His set was awesome

Never realised that the Bora Bora Gee is the same dj who came to my university in 2000 for the react records 10th Anniversary tour. His set was awesome
Sounds good. Gee used to play across the board from what I can remember but his trancey stuff was very good. Fitted the time well. Didn’t know he was connected to React.

but now has its mits on the whole thing?

as long as it doesn't turn into another Hi

it needs money thrown at it but not another VIP club

Imo he'd be stupid to go into competition with himself by replicating Hï. Would be curious to know how much he is involved in the creative decisions. My guess would be limited, given he employs people like Yann.

To be honest, if Game Over get more control over those UK Space tour line-ups, then good. Some of the past ones have been shocking having Space's name attached. At least they would bring some credibility back

Back