#Brexit

Technically they've had longer but it's been conveniently forgotten Cameron stopped Whitehall planning for a potential exit. We should have known then that Tories would have f***ed everything up and could not run it. Again the irony of a party full of leavers not being able to facilitate us leaving and forging the new relationship.

Technically they've had longer but it's been conveniently forgotten Cameron stopped Whitehall planning for a potential exit. We should have known then that Tories would have f***ed everything up and could not run it. Again the irony of a party full of leavers not being able to facilitate us leaving and forging the new relationship.
Who’s the new relationship with?

The process has largely been a shit show due to a 2/3 majority remain HoC doing their upmost to sabotage and frustrate the democratic will of the people... if everyone just got on with it and stopped spitting their dummy out over losing we would be in a a far better position.

Really don’t see what petitions like the above add to anything...
@Robert__Harris The excuse of every failed crackpot ideology in history: the concept was perfect but it was sabotaged by traitors

Sorry thought you were taking the piss so I humored you.

To be clear I am referring to the UK's new relationship with the European Union. Things will never be the same again.

That's as maybe, but this Twitter thread explains very nicely what people most likely voted for, based on what they believed at the time, and why. Those that now claim the people who voted out, voted to be out, deal or no deal, are simply incorrect, many of them wilfully so.
@DPJHodges One of the most bizzare elements of the Brexit debate is the way a No Deal Brexit has come to be defined as the only 'Real Brexit'.
Especially as during the referendum the Brexiteers claimed a No Deal scenario was a construct of Project Fear.

No I mean his claim that 'the Brexiteers claimed a No Deal scenario was a construct of Project Fear.'

Edit: I've just tweeted him to back up this claim of the claim!

on a purely personal level, the latest delay gives me a chance to run out my UK driving licence expiring in Sept, but beyond that total confusion about whether to renew or apply for a Spanish licence. nobody (least of all the DVLA) seem to have a clue.

what I also don't understand is whether a UK licence with EU branding issued before exit date will still be valid for 10 years or immediately VOID on exit day, and therefore not worth applying for? OR whether they will all just get traded in for new ones - has anyone thought through the bureaucratic headfk this will cause?

Again the irony of a party full of leavers not being able to facilitate us leaving and forging the new relationship.

40 odd die hard leavers doesn't make it a party full of leavers.
It's a f***ing shit show because May's royally f***ed up every step of the way. calling an election, and ran a non-existent campaign.

and here we are now...

on a purely personal level, the latest delay gives me a chance to run out my UK driving licence expiring in Sept, but beyond that total confusion about whether to renew or apply for a Spanish licence. nobody (least of all the DVLA) seem to have a clue.

what I also don't understand is whether a UK licence with EU branding issued before exit date will still be valid for 10 years or immediately VOID on exit day, and therefore not worth applying for? OR whether they will all just get traded in for new ones - has anyone thought through the bureaucratic headfk this will cause?

It would be void on the day of a hard Brexit. I have swapped mine for a German licence, just in case, but I'm not sure how this would affect my ability to drive back in the UK as my German one might not be valid there. The article linked it says that you cannot have two EU licences, so presumably, if there was a hard Brexit I could get my UK one back.

40 odd die hard leavers doesn't make it a party full of leavers.
It's a fing shit show because May's royally fed up every step of the way. calling an election, and ran a non-existent campaign.

and here we are now...
...not, it's a shit show because people were promised, often contradictory, things that are impossible to deliver. If you've been promised unicorns, it doesn't really matter who is tasked with delivering them, you're going to be disappointed.

It would be void on the day of a hard Brexit. I have swapped mine for a German licence, just in case, but I'm not sure how this would affect my ability to drive back in the UK as my German one might not be valid there. The article linked it says that you cannot have two EU licences, so presumably, if there was a hard Brexit I could get my UK one back.

ok thanks. I thought there might have been a loophole for dual passport owners but apparently not. I think I will get it transferred - bit of a nuisance though

...not, it's a shit show because people were promised, often contradictory, things that are impossible to deliver. If you've been promised unicorns, it doesn't really matter who is tasked with delivering them, you're going to be disappointed.

Literally this. All this talk of "It'll be the easiest thing in the world" - "We can sign trade deals on the day we leave" and all that guff is sadly what's led so many people to actually believe it and now cry the usual refrain of "JUST WALK AWAY FROM THEM" and push for no deal, without any real understanding of the damage that would do.

Many people voted for things that those who offered them knew they couldn't deliver, which is why they've since tried to slither back out of the limelight and bide their time.

they have total contempt for everyone - they're laughing at us as they always do. they can get away with murder because nobody will stop them.

People should be rising up but there's no leaders, just total apathy. it's hopeless.

Endless white noise on Twitter. For what? It's too late now. your petitions and demos will just be ignored.

MPs had the chance to stop this and they blew it.

so now we'll all have to face the music

recent leaked official documents show the UK isn't even remotely prepared for what is about to happen. it's absolutely terrifying.

all I can say is god help everyone...

Back