#Brexit

Runs away, lets TM get publically beheaded as the sacrificial woman and then rushes back in from the sidelines to bully everyone thinking he can take credit for delivering Brexit. She must be laughing her head off at his expense right now. Utter bumbling oaf full of bluster and no substance at all. About as much real backbone as a blob of jelly and nothing without his daddy in the wings. Needs drop-kicking out of office and putting to bed with a soft toy and a glass of milk.

Runs away, lets TM get publically beheaded as the sacrificial woman and then rushes back in from the sidelines to bully everyone thinking he can take credit for delivering Brexit. She must be laughing her head off at his expense right now. Utter bumbling oaf full of bluster and no substance at all. About as much real backbone as a blob of jelly and nothing without his daddy in the wings. Needs drop-kicking out of office and putting to bed with a soft toy and a glass of milk.
He doesn't deserve a soft toy and a glass of milk.

I voted remain, but personally now want no deal just so it would be crystal clear now and for generations what damage it would do to the country. (Never mind it not been the end of brexit but ~10yrs of painful negotiations)

One of authors of yellow hammer was been interviewed, said yellow hammer was not worst case for no deal, worst case hasn't been discussed in media, but the government is actually stock piling body bags for worst case...

Makes sobering thoughts for all the rhetoric for holding all the cards and a clean break etc.

I voted remain, but personally now want no deal just so it would be crystal clear now and for generations what damage it would do to the country. (Never mind it not been the end of brexit but ~10yrs of painful negotiations)

One of authors of yellow hammer was been interviewed, said yellow hammer was not worst case for no deal, worst case hasn't been discussed in media, but the government is actually stock piling body bags for worst case...

Makes sobering thoughts for all the rhetoric for holding all the cards and a clean break etc.

I'm tempted to feel the same way, especially as I no longer live in the UK but I of course still have friends and family who will be affected when it all goes Pete Tong. It's a tough one, many (perhaps even most) of the leavers have been hoodwinked and manipulated by the Far Right, and their lackeys in the press, into falling for the "EU is the bogeyman" narrative and part of me feels they are as much victims in this as the rest of us. On the other hand, part of me just thinks f*** 'em, let them reap what they've sown! Then there are the apathetic ones, who just think "it'll be all right on the night" and it's just scaremongering etc. etc., if these people are too lazy to engage themselves in political decisions that are being made and too stupid to understand that they are in the throes of a Far Right coup, driven by offshore billionaires for their own enrichment, they also deserve what's coming.

part of me just thinks f*** 'em, let them reap what they've sown! Then there are the apathetic ones, who just think "it'll be all right on the night" and it's just scaremongering etc. etc., if these people are too lazy to engage themselves in political decisions that are being made and too stupid to understand that they are in the throes of a Far Right coup, driven by offshore billionaires for their own enrichment, they also deserve what's coming.

too much at stake though. you can't let a country burn just to say "I told you so" - there will never be that Eureka lightbulb moment when people go "I was wrong" - the blame will just shift to 'traitors' and foreigners (as is already happening - aka the path to fascism)

I'm pretty sure they don't want an extension because by 31st Dec 2019 the EU anti tax avoidance package has to be adopted in UK law. Which the likes of JRM really don't want. (And rumoured one of main reasons for brexit in first place ?‍♂️)

Extension does nothing useful though. And the public are not really in a good mood for a 2nd ref and understanding what each option means.

gets popcorn

@MrHullMysterious that would explain a lot (source?) If true, I wonder if we'll see a swift switch to apathy from the main antagonists, should their deadline be missed?

Hopefully we get an extension and the tax evasion officers come down hard on the likes of Rees Mogg, Aaron Barclay et el. Slimey self serving liars the lot of them.
I see Johnson's brother has just resigned his ministerial post too. If anyone knows boris' character he will.

Last edited:
Bits are way too lazy to take full advantage of a no deal and make a success of things. Zero work ethic and hugely overinflated expectations of minimum living standards. They wouldn't survive the first 2 weeks of disruption before calling on the State to compensate them ! Such a joke.

Bits are way too lazy to take full advantage of a no deal and make a success of things. Zero work ethic and hugely overinflated expectations of minimum living standards. They wouldn't survive the first 2 weeks of disruption before calling on the State to compensate them ! Such a joke.
you know us bits so well.... lazy, zero work ethic, overinflated expectations, a joke !

@MrHullMysterious that would explain a lot (source?) If true, I wonder if we'll see a swift switch to apathy from the main antagonists, should their deadline be missed?

Afaik JRM has his own funds to tune of £100m+ (he's riches MP in commons) which pays little to no tax on (stick that on side of bus for NHS lol).
Never mind the consortium he is part of that have bet against the country and would make around £9b if we leave with no deal.

People in power are always the same.

Afaik JRM has his own funds to tune of £100m+ (he's riches MP in commons) which pays little to no tax on (stick that on side of bus for NHS lol).
Never mind the consortium he is part of that have bet against the country and would make around £9b if we leave with no deal.

People in power are always the same.
JRM is a creepy horrible man.

It's more a case the tariffs imposed for WTO rules would make many uk business unviable until new deals arranged. (70% tariff on some things). Yes we can say Freeport 0 tarrif for incoming stuff but stuff we export is in other countries hands.

Not looking good when uk Gov asked other countries who already have trade deals with the EU if could just continue those deals. Many said no, not without changes.

Plus if we did agree "better" deals with other countries who have an existing trade deal with the EU, a clause means they have to offer that same deal to the EU.

Edit:but yeah agree a lot of over privileged types at both ends of the income spectrum

Last edited:
Back