#Brexit

Stopped getting involved in online debates or even writing articles now far too much hyperbole, whining and melodramatic responses about.

As usual Parliament so busy bickering and in-fighting that the extremists seize control and none can stop them.

I wasn't trying to rehash old arguments but the government's own report is predicting serious disruption to freight

actual shortages in 21st century Britain. Am I alone in thinking this is INSANE ? or is INSANE the new normal now ?

Wouldn't be surprised if civil unrest is round the corner... for various reasons. Then there's the knock-on effect of what happens in Scotland.

It's been going on for so long I've actually got pretty bored of it, but I am desperate to see what happens on Oct 31st. ?

It's been going on for so long I've actually got pretty bored of it, but I am desperate to see what happens on Oct 31st. ?

Reckon it'll be no deal, which is what a third of the electorate didn't vote for, and some leavers didn't vote for either (being such an open question), and something we seem (from government reports) to be woefully unprepared for.

No one voted for a deal either bud. This is part of the problem I referred to above.

Politicans said we'd leave with a deal during the campaign.
You are right though, every leave (and remain) voter voted on what they thought the question meant.

Which is varies from person to person.

meanwhile, in the real world... there's a shitload of Brits in Spain (and vice versa) who STILL don't know what rights they will have. It's inhumane. I know people here who are pretty stressed about it. they're using real people's lives as bargaining chips. And I'm not referring to ukip pensioners on the costas, I'm referring to integrated professionals putting something into the local economy.

meanwhile, in the real world... there's a shitload of Brits in Spain (and vice versa) who STILL don't know what rights they will have. It's inhumane. I know people here who are pretty stressed about it. they're using real people's lives as bargaining chips. And I'm not referring to ukip pensioners on the costas, I'm referring to integrated professionals putting something into the local economy.

well said kim.

The GBP / USD shows weakness for the pound, this can get really bad if the pound goes below 1.18000

The companies affected by a no-deal brexit should ask for an emergency government subsidy to secure stability and protect them from the fallout from a no-deal Brexit. I fly to Ibiza each year with Jet2 airlines. Earlier this year the Jet2 Chief Executive Steve Heapy said a no-deal scenario would prove "extremely damaging for the UK and Europe" and he added that "The worst thing that could happen is that we are not able to fly to Europe." But he emphasised that "I think the chance of that happening is extremely low. I think we'll end up with something in the middle whereby we are able to fly to Europe, but I think it might be more expensive and there might be more restrictions." He may have been using scare tactics to encourage customers to book their holidays with Jet2 to boost profits this year, or his concerns may have been legit. Wonder how many companies are deliberately spreading fear just to boost profits.

Whatever happens, let's hope the government does the right thing.

Last edited:
Back