#Brexit

My prediction is that the Tories will win by a whisper and failing that, remain in office via a coalition with the Brexit party

That's my concern - Brexit party will bolster Tories and LibDems have zero credibility to counter them on the other side for remainers. It'll only reinforce the drive for a hard Brexit. Imagine a 1st January hard Brexit due to Flextension - the chaos that would cause is hard to imagine !!

Oh other thing to remember as far as LibDems are concerned - they could've had a massive body of student support in those who weren't old enough to vote in referendum but are old enough to vote in this election. But guess what, after campaigning against tuition fees they supported a trebling of the cap instead when in coalition and basically alienated most of their young supporters after completely betraying them. Possibly one of the most stupid moves ever made by a political party with a core group of potential supporters. Peoples' Vote / remain contingent are in an absolute shambles and it's basically the reason why the far right will be able to bulldoze their way through in the end.

a real tough one to call

• half the country hates Boris
  • half the country hates JC
  • it will be winter. dark. freezing. probable flu epidemic - this may knock out elderly tory campaigners, but tory voters more likely to have cars.
  • there will be massive tactical voting.
  • scotland - tories and lab will be both be wiped out again alla 2015
  • tories have to win northern seats which usually hate them.
  • farage might win 1m votes but no seats - could tip the balance though
  • the liberals will pick up moderate cons but equally been seen as backdoor to Lab
  • the liberals will pick up some pro-eu Lab in London but equally be seen as backdoor to Cons
  • more independents in with a chance than ever

so ?

sneaky feeling Labour might just do it with SNP support - but only if the focus is on cuts/housing etc and not Europe

I could be way off the mark here, but my feeling is that lifelong Conservatives won't be as phased by who's steering the ship, as opposed to those whose allegiances are still up for grabs

I say we cancel everything and all go to the pub
Can it be the Winchester? That way we are there when it's all blown over. :lol:

I'm in a Tory marginal seat (Finchley & Golders Green). Lib Dems are so far behind the vote, I'll likely do a tactical vote this election, as I did being in Wandsworth in 2017 (and actually, tactical voting lead to Wandsworth shifting from a Conservative safe seat to Labour :lol: )

I honestly don't know how to call this election. Another deadlock?

I suspect it will another hung Parliament because the votes will overwhelmingly be about Brexit and nothing else, so the new Parliament will most likely continue to reflect the division in the country. IMO it's a huge mistake not to separate Brexit and the general election.

Back