#Brexit

^ exactly. All my UK pals in music are pretty miffed to put it mildly...

from IBZ perspective, I don't know if that means fewer UK DJs/musicians next summer (regardless of the pandemic). Many may decide it's not worth the grief

I imagine they are :confused:

I don’t know anyone directly involved in that line of work or lifestyle, but I imagine it’s a kind of job that once you have left it to do something else then it will be highly unlikely you would return to it?

Also I imagine if you went touring across Europe you could build up a lot of experience and pick up on different influences etc, which is probably important for musicians and the like.

Shame to miss out on that.

^ exactly. All my UK pals in music are pretty miffed to put it mildly...

from IBZ perspective, I don't know if that means fewer UK DJs/musicians next summer (regardless of the pandemic). Many may decide it's not worth the grief

I’d wait until we see what happens, I don’t think everyone is going to have to register their Vinyl, Laptops and hair brushes at customs. We all in danger of losing the plot a bit here.

I’d wait until we see what happens, I don’t think everyone is going to have to register their Vinyl, Laptops and hair brushes at customs. We all in danger of losing the plot a bit here.

I'm not losing the plot. Makes no difference to me where I am, although obviously it would be a bit shitty if longtime DJ pals were denied the chance to do the sunsets.

I'm not losing the plot. Makes no difference to me where I am, although obviously it would be a bit shitty if longtime DJ pals were denied the chance to do the sunsets.
Maybe they could find the perfect sunset spot nearer to home..not being smart but there's plenty of opportunities out there now not far from home...??the sun won't only be setting in Ibiza

private rooftops are the holy grail here... mind the extra zeros on that pricetag.

I hate bars on rooftops though. you pay inflated prices and the vibe is so controlled (the Spanish experience anyway)

private rooftops are the holy grail here... mind the extra zeros on that pricetag.

I hate bars on rooftops though. you pay inflated prices and the vibe is so controlled (the Spanish experience anyway)
It will be all new here when things open. Two that I know of in town near us already being worked on. And Dublin I hear will have about 100 ?
Maybe I'll have a different opinion (view) ? come summer...

It will be all new here when things open. Two that I know of in town near us already being worked on. And Dublin I hear will have about 100 ?
Maybe I'll have a different opinion (view) ? come summer...

I believe summer in Ireland is held on July the 6th? Those rooftop bars need a roof!

Cummings is off then...
Highest Covid deaths in Europe, worst Economic contraction in Europe, Brexit chaos looms... The rats are jumping, the ship is sinking and they know it.

Genuinely I think Cummings knows Brexit will be an absolute disaster so he's out of there before it starts...

Cummings is off then...
Highest Covid deaths in Europe, worst Economic contraction in Europe, Brexit chaos looms... The rats are jumping, the ship is sinking and they know it.

Genuinely I think Cummings knows Brexit will be an absolute disaster so he's out of there before it starts...
He’s a slimey shitbag all ends up. The annoying think is he’ll now go and work in consultancy in the private sector and take home 7 figures a year, which will all go into some offshore fund and not have any tax paid on it

Cummings is off then...

Likely he knows it will be a disaster for the people they misled. He and his ilk will reap the benefit - there's no need for him to stay in the firing the line

Cummings is off then...

My sentiments exactly. Johnson is going to be left carrying the can before being swept out in late January as the full extent of the disaster unfolds, in a damage limitation attempt by the Tories. Cummings and Co. will then shout from the sidelines about how great it would have all been had they done it their way.

Coward of a bloke.

Didn't even have the back wheels to stand up in front of us months ago, and put his hands up to admit he fcuked up.

Came out with some rubbish about testing his eyes.

Spineless weasel.

No big shock he is scurrying off, probably to put his snout in another trough somewhere.

Maybe they could find the perfect sunset spot nearer to home..not being smart but there's plenty of opportunities out there now not far from home...??the sun won't only be setting in Ibiza
Let's be fair though, Blackpool, Angelsey and Morcambe on our West Coast don't quite have the same allure as the West Coast of Ibiza.

Back