#Brexit

We don't know which immigration rules will apply. It's not even clear there will be a freedom of travel between the EU and the UK in the future. So it's a little early to discuss the use of E-Gates (which only make sense if there is freedom of travel).

Wasn't a Canada model desired by Boris anyway?

Sorry, but the use of Passport E-Gates has nothing to do with freedom of movement. You are still registered on entry. The UK lets ANY citizen from the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand use them too. They have also just added Japan and Singapore I think.

Ha. Brilliant. This Japanese trade deal, they haven't calculated the benefits based on our current price index, but on WTO terms!!!

Basically, we're making a good saving compared to the shit that's coming but we're still ultimately going to be paying more than we are now *facepalm*

Ha. Brilliant. This Japanese trade deal, they haven't calculated the benefits based on our current price index, but on WTO terms!!!

Basically, we're making a good saving compared to the shit that's coming but we're still ultimately going to be paying more than we are now *facepalm*
...but soya sauce! ? ?

124152656_4072269946122670_4113687042162670723_n.jpg

As much as Biden is a europhile, he will want a trade deal with the UK either way.

Do any of us want Brexit (probably not) but not every thing in the World is about Brexit and trade. There are things that happen outside of the lens of the EU and Brexit and Trade. The U.K is about to become G7 president (shock horror how can this be outside the EU?), due to hold the UN Security Council presidency in February (and let’s be honest it’s NATO that has been the real keeper of peace since 1945 in Europe) and the U.K. is hosting the COP26 climate conference in December 2021 (its allowed to host that outside the EU).

Do any of us want Brexit (probably not) but not every thing in the World is about Brexit and trade. There are things that happen outside of the lens of the EU and Brexit and Trade. The U.K is about to become G7 president (shock horror how can this be outside the EU?), due to hold the UN Security Council presidency in February (and let’s be honest it’s NATO that has been the real keeper of peace since 1945 in Europe) and the U.K. is hosting the COP26 climate conference in December 2021 (its allowed to host that outside the EU).

Can confirm on the NATO part.

Currently a massive exercise going ahead in the UK involving airborne soldiers from many NATO nations.

The interoperability has increased to a massive level in the past few years with many joints exercises and even British troops permanently based in the Baltic area under Op Cabrit.

Gladly Brexit, whichever way it plays out, will have little effect on the commitment.

And I think 95% of us agree with all those sentiments. But again, my point above stands, here we go back to Brexit, there are more things than just this! Does “Five Eyes” happen outside of the EU and Brexit? Yes, always has. Why is everything through the the lens of a trade deal?

because the outcome of a trade deal directly effects my livelihood. I earn my money working for a US company, that manufacturers in Asia, has European HQ in Ireland, but lives in the U.K.

...and of course being able sell things too! Kind of strange this has to be pointed out but it might help explain why we've ended up where we have.
We're a bit worried at this end- a good 50% of our business is supplying to the US- if duty rates jump up as a result of all this bullshit, we're in the brown stuff

As much as Biden is a europhile, he will want a trade deal with the UK either way.
He won't want to deal with Boris and chums though. By all accounts he dislikes Boris immensely and the Vice-President elect hates him intensely so Boris will either have to bend over and take it like a man or sit in a corner whimpering and hoping they'll toss him a few scraps.

Interview with one of the Democrats peeps who is in charge of foreign trade (or will be in Jan). Reiterated Biden's stance that there won't be a trade deal if the UK markets bill passes or trade border between north and south Ireland. Period.

Reporter asked to confirm he meant "period", and was very clear it's a red line and will be no trade deal of the above happen. Period.

Make of that what you will?‍♂️

Doubt the govt will care about them.

Will probably just tell them to retrain.

‘Oh your a sax player? Used to holding something metal in your hands?’

‘You can be a scaffolder now’ ?

^ exactly. All my UK pals in music are pretty miffed to put it mildly...

from IBZ perspective, I don't know if that means fewer UK DJs/musicians next summer (regardless of the pandemic). Many may decide it's not worth the grief

^ exactly. All my UK pals in music are pretty miffed to put it mildly...

from IBZ perspective, I don't know if that means fewer UK DJs/musicians next summer (regardless of the pandemic). Many may decide it's not worth the grief
Every cloud you could say.. maybe more Spanish DJs and musicians get a chance now....
Both fiddle guy and sax guy should be banned no matter where their from.. ?️????? ?

Last edited:
Back